Feminine Problem

Options

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    this cracks me up. i had no idea that there was such a lack of education for women regarding tampon use. i guess i had to read about it from a book, though...definitely not taught in school. those kotex commericals make more sense now.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Teach us what they should? What, to read the instructions on the box?
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I love making fun of girls who grew up with a single dad who have honest legitimate questions. I am so cool.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    So I can see why you'd change it when you pee, you don't want a wet string hanging around. My solution is to tuck the string to the side in the crease between my leg, then it doesn't get wet and you don't waste tampons.

i tuck mine back.
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hold the phone - why do you change it every time you pee?

I just feel weird if I don't... idk... creature of habit?

Seriously? I can't imagine changing my tampon every time I pee!! I have a super super light flow, so I only change mine every 4-6 hours or so. Just leave it up in there! :)
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Don't change it! You shouldn't be changing your tampon more frequently than you have to, because it can actually irritate the vaginal tissue.
  • ZoeLifts
    Options

I love making fun of girls who grew up with a single dad who have honest legitimate questions. I am so cool.

You got me there. That was exactly my intent. In fact, I search MFP for the girls who grew up with single dads just so I can make these kinds of posts. I'm not sure what having a single dad has to do with reading, though.
  • seena511
    Options

does it even say that on the box? can someone go check?
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Menstraul cup-problem solved

^^ This.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You all are magical unicorns. Thank you. I did not know such things were possible. They should teach this in school. They teach boys to use condoms but teach girls nothing.

LOL. Agreed.

"Now boys, take this banana and roll downward...".
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am just waiting around to see how the men deal with this issue :laugh:
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Are you changing is because it's falling out? Maybe, don't push yourself peeing? It shouldn't be slipping that much. And if it's the string getting wet you're worried about, tuck or hold out the way...
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Oh boy..Just leave it in there. (that's what she said, i know).
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Pads?

I wouldn't cut down on your water just to save tampons. x-x Maybe that's just me, though.

I use pads, but my friends just hold the string to one side.
  • ZoeLifts
    Options

does it even say that on the box? can someone go check?

There are diagrams and everything (in case reading is hard), including how long to keep it in and how long not to keep it in, including warnings. Sorry, but my mom never sat me down and showed me how to use one, she would only get me pads. So when I was on my on, I bought tampons and figured it out. It was awkward the first time with the string hanging out my nose for a few hours until I finally read the instructions and looked at the diagram instead of just guessing.
  • seena511
    Options

You got me there. That was exactly my intent. In fact, I search MFP for the girls who grew up with single dads just so I can make these kinds of posts. I'm not sure what having a single dad has to do with reading, though.

can you like post a pic of whatever tampon box you have that suggests this?
  • DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nevermind the expense, if you leave a tampon in for less or more than the recommended time, you can get Toxic Shock Syndrome, which of course is fatal. You are supposed to leave your tampon in even if you pee, unless you are a beginner when it comes to wearing tampons. But if you have been wearing them for a while, you should follow the recommended time, even if that means leaving your tampon in when you pee.

TSS is not always fatal. If caught early enough it is very treatable. My friend's SIL had it and recovered just fine.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

can you like post a pic of whatever tampon box you have that suggests this?

Are you serious?

Not only is there a diagram ON the box, there's an entire pamphlet included in every single box of tampons.

It's been this way for years.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Just hold the string back towards your butt crack and you won't tinkle on the string.
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Nevermind the expense, if you leave a tampon in for less or more than the recommended time, you can get Toxic Shock Syndrome, which of course is fatal. You are supposed to leave your tampon in even if you pee, unless you are a beginner when it comes to wearing tampons. But if you have been wearing them for a while, you should follow the recommended time, even if that means leaving your tampon in when you pee.

That only goes for leaving it in for longer than recommended. Leaving it in for a shorter amount of time than "recommended" time won't put you at risk for TSS or any other health concerns that I'm aware of.

Also, LOL at the magical unicorns comment; best OP response I've seen in a while! :)