Feminine Problem

Options

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    For the love of God don't argue with the girl who's got her period. That's just mean! :laugh:

Sorry this thread made me snort a few times. FWIW, I tuck the string in the pee. Say, is it TMI Tuesday... oh, nope. Sorry 'bout that.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Nevermind the expense, if you leave a tampon in for less or more than the recommended time, you can get Toxic Shock Syndrome, which of course is fatal. You are supposed to leave your tampon in even if you pee, unless you are a beginner when it comes to wearing tampons. But if you have been wearing them for a while, you should follow the recommended time, even if that means leaving your tampon in when you pee.

TSS is not fatal. If caught early enough it is very treatable. My friend's SIL had it and recovered just fine.

Try telling that to my friend whose mother died of TSS. Yes, it can be fatal.
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    OP- I pee a lot too. But no need to change your tampon every time you go. I wear a panty liner with it......so if I need to change it before my normal 3-4 hours, I'll know.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Teach us what they should? What, to read the instructions on the box?

I love making fun of girls who grew up with a single dad who have honest legitimate questions. I am so cool.

You got me there. That was exactly my intent. In fact, I search MFP for the girls who grew up with single dads just so I can make these kinds of posts. I'm not sure what having a single dad has to do with reading, though.

can you like post a pic of whatever tampon box you have that suggests this?

Are you serious?

Not only is there a diagram ON the box, there's an entire pamphlet included in every single box of tampons.

It's been this way for years.

everyone's so testy today...is that time of the month for EVERYONE? like did we all sync up?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I have found that in times when I've needed to change my tampon more frequently than prescribed, it just made me dry and sore.

Also, if you guys are not reading the paper inserts that come in your boxes of tampons, I shudder to think of how you put together your entertainment system or children's bicycles.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options

I love making fun of girls who grew up with a single dad who have honest legitimate questions. I am so cool.

does it even say that on the box? can someone go check?

Actually, the instructions usually come in a folded insert with diagrams. Not trying to pick on anyone, just pointing this out.

edit: Oops! Coupla somebodies beat me to it.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

You got me there. That was exactly my intent. In fact, I search MFP for the girls who grew up with single dads just so I can make these kinds of posts. I'm not sure what having a single dad has to do with reading, though.

Here, this may help. I was going to post individual pics, but this will save me time:

4UudXCm.jpg
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    this cracks me up. i had no idea that there was such a lack of education for women regarding tampon use. i guess i had to read about it from a book, though...definitely not taught in school. those kotex commericals make more sense now.

the only thing that girls are taught is "Have a happy period"

feck whoever came up with that motto (probably a man), I doubt girls are jumping for joy while wearing WHITE PANTS and shouting, "YAY! I have cramps!" "yay! I have PMS!" "yay! I have aches and pains and feel so tired!" "yay! I have a migraine and can't bear to go outside!"

and cups are where it's at. If they gross you out, then you have no business having kids, their puke, pee, and poop are substantially grosser than a monthly period, and you should be WASHING your hands after using the washroom anyway, rinsing under water for 3 seconds is not 'washing' your hands.
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Nevermind the expense, if you leave a tampon in for less or more than the recommended time, you can get Toxic Shock Syndrome, which of course is fatal. You are supposed to leave your tampon in even if you pee, unless you are a beginner when it comes to wearing tampons. But if you have been wearing them for a while, you should follow the recommended time, even if that means leaving your tampon in when you pee.

TSS is not fatal. If caught early enough it is very treatable. My friend's SIL had it and recovered just fine.

You also don't get TSS from leaving a tampon in for "less" than the recommended amount of time.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    There are diagrams and everything (in case reading is hard), including how long to keep it in and how long not to keep it in, including warnings. Sorry, but my mom never sat me down and showed me how to use one, she would only get me pads. So when I was on my on, I bought tampons and figured it out. It was awkward the first time with the string hanging out my nose for a few hours until I finally read the instructions and looked at the diagram instead of just guessing.
    [/quote]

Bahaha! This reminds me of that Amanda Bynes movie "She's the Man".
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    So.

Who'd like to talk about feminine freshness now?

Anyone?
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    So don't change it?

This.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

So I see that I may have confused you by typing "on" instead of "in". I apologize. It should have said IN the box.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    tumblr_luubp8X9191r2quf2.gif
  • TruthinBeauty
    Options
    If I changed my tampon everytime I peed, I'd got thru a box/day! :smile:
    I don't know what to tell you. I just don't do it.. When I do the other thing? Yes. But, not #1:happy:
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options

does it even say that on the box? can someone go check?

There are diagrams and everything (in case reading is hard), including how long to keep it in and how long not to keep it in, including warnings. Sorry, but my mom never sat me down and showed me how to use one, she would only get me pads. So when I was on my on, I bought tampons and figured it out. It was awkward the first time with the string hanging out my nose for a few hours until I finally read the instructions and looked at the diagram instead of just guessing.

:laugh:

I :heart: you, ZoeLifts.
  • missiontobefitandfab
    missiontobefitandfab Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    tumblr_luubp8X9191r2quf2.gif

bahahahahaha :laugh:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Tampons are so last year
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm giggling! I was all worried for a moment that I was SUPPOSED to change them every time I pee. :)
    Me too! I got worried for a second that I was doing something wrong!

Haha. Me three.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    OMG..that gave me a good laugh on a day that sucked! lol