how often do you weigh yourself?

Options
124»

Replies

• Onperch
    Onperch Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Once a week on the same day. In the morning before breakfast.

If I have weight loss, I'll wait until the reading is repeated the next week before
    I record it.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    every for me but I don't log it everyday. It's just to know where I stand. Also if I am up a little bit then I am going to work really hard that day so the following day I can hopefully see a difference. But really it's whatever works for you. :)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Every saturday morning, nekkid, after I pee. I measure monthly.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure WAY too much. multiple times a day for weighing. I really need to knock it off! I tried to put my scale away and lasted a day. I am obsessed. I am gonna start heavy lifting and I know I think I need to tell the husband to hide the scale and only give it to me once every two weeks.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Once in the morning.
  • aprilhopps
    Options
    I usually weigh myself twice a wk...Once on Friday & once mid-week.....
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I find changes, even slight encourage me to work harder and not slack off.

I've also heard of the 4 W's. Wake up, Wee, Weigh, on Wednesdays.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Every day...which is probably too often because sometimes the fluctuations drive me crazy, even though I KNOW why they happen.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I wish i could only do it once a week. I could never make it that long. I spend everyday thinking about if i lost and where i'm at now and all that shiz. But for me, i've learned weighing every single day sucks. Really. Weight fluctuates so much it's crazy. Weigh myself one day and i'm one weight and the next i'm a pound heavier even though i've been dieting and i'm yelling at the scale "is that mathematically possible? What the freaking hell"? Or heck, i'll weigh myself 2 hours later without even eating anything and still gain a pound. "I've been sitting for 2 hours and haven't eaten anything and i gained an entire pound. Right".

You learn to hate the scale when it doesn't show you what you've worked for. I figure on my 2lb a week weight loss plan, i'd lose a pound about every 3 days. So i check my weight every 2-3 days and remind myself it might give me a crappy number but not to worry about it
  • edessad
    edessad Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. Normal weight fluctuations don't bother me because I understand them, I know what causes them, and have a thorough understanding of the science behind all of this. I know that it is, for example, scientifically impossible for me to lose or gain 2 or 3 or 5 Lbs of fat overnight...so this morning when I weighed 3 Lbs more than yesterday, it didn't bother me and the number just got plotted as another data point on my chart. Tomorrow I can just as easily be 4 Lbs down from today.

Same here. It make me feel more accountable. I have consistently lost every week since I started in November. Some weeks more than others, but a loss every single week.
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    Normally people are advised to do that every two weeks. But i can handle not being upset, so i weigh daily, before breakfast after bathroom ;p
  • sugah11
    sugah11 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Everyday for accountability, When I weighed weekly it was too easy to just skip the weigh in.....and then it went down hill or should I say uphill from there.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh daily. It started to become an obsession. Now I weigh weekly, and I feel much more in control.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    For me usually once a week, with a sneeky one in between if I feel I've done well. But for the time being I'm not going to weigh myself until I feel in myself and by the fit of my clothes if I have lost. Others times I have done this, I have been very pleasantly surprised. It stops any complacement and so falling off the wagon.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Anyway I dont weigh myself at home anymore. Once or sometimes twice a week I go to the mall for some indoor walking exercise. Yes, just like the old people in mall walking fitness groups, I prefer to never walk outdoors. I like a controlled temperature, enclosed, safe place to do my walking. Anyway at the end of my walk I stop at a booth where you pay a quarter for your guaranteed exact weight and I weigh myself. There are a few of these booths, but I prefer the one in the family restroom (area with couches for mothers to sit and feed their babies and bottle warmers on the counter and a diaper machine) because no one is ever there to *see* me standing on the scale in my socks with my scale face on (weird look of extreme concentration as I will myself to register as thinner)
    This gives me an idea. The grocery store where I shop has a huge scale in the front entrance. I've seen people weighing themselves on it, so I think I'll become one of them (preferably when no one's coming in/out to see me, LOL). That way, I'll be wearing clothes equivalent to my start weight at the doctor's office, and hopefully it's an accurate scale.
  • Medusa3
    Medusa3 Posts: 11
    Options
    I've already lost 60lbs on my own before starting MFP and weighing myself everyday worked for me so......it aint' hurting! :-p