What is the one thing that kills your motivation completely?

Options

Replies

• adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Feeling down. On the other hand, anger is great because it really motivates me to work out.
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Not getting enough sleep.

I need at least 8 to last through my day. I can force myself to exercise on these days.

6 hours or less and I can barely make it to the end of my workday. NO exercise is happening on these days.

If I get 9 or 10 hours, then I have energy to spare and look forward to exercising in the evening.
  • LadyMustard
    LadyMustard Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Two things, though the first really isn't as bad as the other.

The first, BIRTH CONTROL. I doesn't kill my motivation but it makes it hard to stay motivated. I've been told a couple times "Don't blame the depo... its all in your head", but when your body's hormones are being thrown everywhere, and I've got to fight stronger than normal cravings, and my body is being more hormonally disposed to keeping weight than dropping it, it feels like fighting an uphill battle with my hands tied behind my back.

Second, is sarcastic people. My hubby and I are working on this weight loss thing together. He let me change the types of food that we eat and is making the change to a healthier lifestyle with me, and we're both feeling and looking a lot better for it. Its given me the strength to kick the plateaus and cravings from the bc in the butt and keep fighting for every pound I need to lose. We keep each other accountable too. Most of the time, he's pretty positive about it and hearing him say that his lunch was good today, or that he managed to stay 200 calories under makes me so happy. Sometimes though, he gets really depressed for several days at a time at how much he has to lose and starts to question whether its all worth it and it breaks my heart. This usually happens after my family comes over and insists that we're being ridiculous counting all of our calories and that "one day won't hurt"... "one weekend won't hurt", "Your husband's a growing boy, he needs his beef..." -.-; srsly....
  • kentermom4
    Options
    Having a snide remark made in public meant for you to overhear ! Like "Look at all that cake and ice cream and fat snacks and pop in her cart-no wonder she is fat !" Ummmm no rude person-I was shopping for our monthly unit Birthday Party for staff and residents at the nursing home I work at- Thanks for making it about my weight instead of a celebration ! I was still in uniform and had my badge on so I didn't let her have it-but i should have !!!!!
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. I've gone to the gym hungover and it's a waste of time for me...

Also if I'm scheduled to work out with my girlfriend and she bails then I'm like "ahhhhhhhh well I'm already comfy at home...."
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Mary Jane...

:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :heart:
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    Since 'gymming' always puts me in a better mood I make a point to go espicially when I feel under the weather! I guess it just makesme cheer up! :)
  • jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    my s.o. always eating and trying to stuff whatever he's eating in my mouth. waking me up at 1:30 in the morning with whatever he's eating to 'share' it with him, knowing I have no willpower when i'm half asleep. always hearing oh just shut up and try it.
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    my s.o. always eating and trying to stuff whatever he's eating in my mouth. waking me up at 1:30 in the morning with whatever he's eating to 'share' it with him, knowing I have no willpower when i'm half asleep. always hearing oh just shut up and try it.

He is eating at 1:30 AM? Wow must work an odd shift. And waking you up to make you eat? Hurmph.
  • jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    Options

He is eating at 1:30 AM? Wow must work an odd shift. And waking you up to make you eat? Hurmph.

doesn't work, just eats a lot of late night snacks. waking me up to eat drives me nuts, its like my whole days hard work blown, plus I have to get up at 530 for work. grrr.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Catching a head cold after a workout.... especially since mine get so bad I am usually down and out for a day or so afterward.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

doesn't work, just eats a lot of late night snacks. waking me up to eat drives me nuts, its like my whole days hard work blown, plus I have to get up at 530 for work. grrr.

Forget that noise... I would roll over and tell him to go away if it were me...
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Overeating. Makes me feel like crap -physically - and I can't do anything.
  • jessmastrilli
    jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The weather - if it's snowing, I don't want to go out and run and I certainly don't want to do it on the treadmill. If it's raining, again I don't want to be outside. Bad weather just puts me in a slump mood.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Depression. Sometimes it's like " F-this. I'm fat now and I'll stay fat even if I deny myself this yummy food, so I'm going to have it". And then I eat my feelings. :(

That is me, far too frequently.
  • kluedesigns
    kluedesigns Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    depression.

i suffered a very tragic event and it still haunts me daily. most days i can push thru but at least twice a year it really puts me on my butt.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    When my routine is broken, or my iPod dies in the gym. I NEED music to work out. I literally have a tantrum if my routine is broken.
  • brunetteavoxgirl
    brunetteavoxgirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Anxiety, mostly.
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    Drinking alcohol, and if someone interrupts my workout I have a hard time getting back on it and completing it.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Feeling down. On the other hand, anger is great because it really motivates me to work out.

This. I have angry work outs all of the time.