Maid service, and other stuff you spend your money on...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You mean, everyone on MFP got here because we didn't do enough housework?
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Shellac.
    I love having color on my nails, but as a nurse I am ROUGH on them. It's the only type of nail polish (the gel kind that's UV activated) that stays on. I usually get it every other week, but I've recently found a place with a huge selection of colors and it's only $18 for the polish (vs. 30-ish for a manicure with the polish).

Can't live without my Shellac either but I do it at home as it's too expensive where I live (you're getting a really good deal there!).

£15 for the UV lamp, £15 each for the polishes, £1 each for the acetone and gel inhibition remover. Works out around £2 per polish and lasts for two weeks.

Would kill for a personal trainer and cleaner (or even an electric dishwasher for that matter) but some months it's a struggle just to pay my electricity bill so, for now, Shellac is my only indulgence.
  • vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    none of the above I am a SAHM but not very good at the housekeeping/cleaning bit lol
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i have a cleaning lady but i live with 3 guy friends. it's necessary!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    $178 GNC Quest Bar stop oh wait, I had pro discounts? dropped that **** down to $87.

Not going to lie, I stalk pre-workouts when they dip below a certain threshold.
  • Guillotined
    Guillotined Posts: 115
    Options
    49er stuff

My man:drinker:
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Nails... I splurge on getting mani and pedis..... And I get a lot of crap about it.... I love the whole... "but you are a single mom...how can you afford it?" I have commented back a few times... "oh.....didn't you know about my night job?...it really helps pay the bills if you know what I mean!"

Love the expressions from people!
  • Jellif1sh
    Jellif1sh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just a comment: Several commented that those people who hire housekeepers to clean their home and are overweight have found "the problem" or cause of their weight gain. (I understood this to imply laziness.)

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, but I just want to leave one thought for your consideration: There is also the opportunity cost of ones time to consider. For example, I work (on average) 60 hour weeks. I have little spare time, relatively speaking. And what time I do have, I prefer to do things I enjoy (e.g., go to the gym, visit with friends) and that is the reason I hire housekeepers. It's the same reason I hire someone to change the oil in my car, even though I'm capable of doing it myself.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Just a comment: Several commented that those people who hire housekeepers to clean their home and are overweight have found "the problem" or cause of their weight gain. (I understood this to imply laziness.)

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, but I just want to leave one thought for your consideration: There is also the opportunity cost of ones time to consider. For example, I work (on average) 60 hour weeks. I have little spare time, relatively speaking. And what time I do have, I prefer to do things I enjoy (e.g., go to the gym, visit with friends) and that is the reason I hire housekeepers. It's the same reason I hire someone to change the oil in my car, even though I'm capable of doing it myself.

Totally agree :) What one chooses to do with their money to free up time shouldn't matter to anyone else. That's why I hire a housekeeper, too, so I can have time to workout and spend more time with my family.

Not to mention with a housekeeper only coming 2 times a month, there is still a ton to do around a very busy household.