Replies

• darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I prefer "Rubenesque".
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    For me personally I'd say being thick would be at the higher end of my ideal weight range. That's my goal. That was when my husband said I was a brick house so, yeah, that's my goal and I will be very comfortable with it. :wink:
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I assumed the term 'thick' was in reference to a body shape being bottom heavy (pear) - not being over-weight or carry extra fat.

FYI: Miranda Kerr is Pear shape bordering on Hourglass.. if her top half were just one inch bigger, she'd be hourglass.

Anyway, yes, I'm fine with being pear, am not fine with carrying the excess fat.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Even when I was 110lbs I was never stick thin.. I never will be and I am ok with that. I have boobs, I have hips, I have curves and I always will... Im good with that. What Im not ok with is being overweight and unhappy.
  • Froggyh
    Froggyh Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    First, and this is very very important:

THERE IS NO NEED TO TEAR DOWN OTHER BODY TYPES IN ORDER TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOUR OWN.

But yes, I' conformable with and like my body type. I have big hips, broad shoulders, a wide rib cage and big legs and rear.

This.

There's no one body type that is better than others. What's best for an individual is what's healthy and makes them feel good. Personally, I'd love to be willowy, but it's not going to happen and I'm finally starting to accept my curves. That doesn't give me a right to say "flat chests are ugly" to make myself feel better, though. Body-shaming is not OK, even if you're going against the "accepted" attractive type.

And it drives me mad when people say "men like curves" as if that settles it. Because obviously that's what we should concern ourselves most with. Not being healthy or happy, but being attractive to men.
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    I suppose I've always had rather "thick" thighs,Even at my lightest (119 pounds) they were rather chunky.I didn't mind tho because I was able to fit into a size 6-8 in jeans :)
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH I LOVE MY NEW BODY:) I know thick woman are beautiful,confident,hot and well we run the world....lol:)
    I just stick to a lot of cardio walking,running,gym, Jillian Micheal's workout dvds and down that water:)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I assumed the term 'thick' was in reference to a body shape being bottom heavy (pear) - not being over-weight or carry extra fat.

In other contexts, "thick" means "curvy" or built and it's used by women who are 200 pounds.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped and wide hiped with tons of curves. I've finally gotten used to being refered to to as "thick" in a good way. My boyfriend constantly tells me that he would hate to have a girl with tiny little legs and no *kitten*, so that is really encouraging as well. Plus I do see waaaaay more positive reinforcement for curves lately. I wanted to know what you "think" or curvy ladies thought about it and if you're compfortable being that way? What ways do you keep your figure so fine and what problems do you have?

Add me :)

I think you look awesome.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    FACT: Skinny girls look good in clothes. Fit girls look good naked.

Luckily, the above statements are not either or, and they aren't even exclusive to women but can even be applied to men too. You can be skinny and fit. You can be skinny and not fit but still look good naked. You can be fit but not skinny and look awesome in clothing. Beauty is really in the eye of the beholder. Make sure you are beheld by someone worthy of your time and attention.

(Some people tell me to "Please, go eat lunch. You need to eat some meat and get some meat on your bones." Even my doctor has been expressing concern about my appearance, based on seeing me dressed, and then expressed surprise at my actual weight and that it was quite healthy, solidly in the 22 BMI at the time. My BMI fluctuates between the 20's and the 23's, and people make the same comments to me either way. I'm happiest with a BMI in the 19's, both thin and fit, and that's where my husband seems to make the most positive comments. He has no freaking idea what a BMI in the 19's or the 23's means.)

Agreed. Oversimplifications, like the one you quoted aren't helpful.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    I always thought that I wanted to be super thin..thin legs, thin arms and the lowest possible weight I could get to...but you know what I've learned to embrace my curves...I love my *kitten* and I would never want to lose it hahahaha so as long as I get to my healthy weight and can keep my curves, I'll be happy.
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Male perspective, maybe not what you were looking for, but, , , know this... Scrawny, spindly, skinny women are NOT considered attractive by most normal men. Just because they're in the fashion shows and in the magazines does not mean they're attractive. Just tellin' you, embrace your "thickness". Stay healthy, eat right, exercise. Live long & prosper. Sage advice from a wise old man.
    THANK YOU. I use to wonder what planet the people who use these sites live on. REAL MEN IRL do not like the whole titless shapeless look. Just like I have never met one man into the whole chicks with a six pack and man arms look. These things only seem like the "norm" on the internet. Sure when you date a metro boy that wants to wear your skinny jeans SURE he likes that look, because well you look like a little boy and we know why men are into that.
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to be very fit at school and belonged to most of the sports teams. I always thought of myself as fat then even though I wasn't, I just had a very curvy womanly figure before anyone else did. Our sports teacher always described me as 'The Sturdy Girl' which I thought was a bit of an insult. Now I look back at photos of me then and I'm determined to get back to being as close as possible to Sturdy Girl again and I'll be very satisfied with my figure and fitness.
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Did that girl that weighs 125 just claim to be thick? LOL that is what is wrong with the world...Well unless you are 5'2 which it doesn't look like.
  • hiimanupa
    hiimanupa Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm usually quite happy with the fact that I have curves, although given society's preferences for super skinny women, I *do* occasionally feel rather self conscious about it.

That being said, curves are awesome-- why should women try to deprive ourselves so that we fit some sort of a stupid norm set out by the fashion industry/the media? Pisses me off.
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Did that girl that weighs 125 just claim to be thick? LOL that is what is wrong with the world...Well unless you are 5'2 which it doesn't look like.
    I had the same thought :)
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Male perspective, maybe not what you were looking for, but, , , know this... Scrawny, spindly, skinny women are NOT considered attractive by most normal men. Just because they're in the fashion shows and in the magazines does not mean they're attractive. Just tellin' you, embrace your "thickness". Stay healthy, eat right, exercise. Live long & prosper. Sage advice from a wise old man.
    THANK YOU. I use to wonder what planet the people who use these sites live on. REAL MEN IRL do not like the whole titless shapeless look. Just like I have never met one man into the whole chicks with a six pack and man arms look. These things only seem like the "norm" on the internet. Sure when you date a metro boy that wants to wear your skinny jeans SURE he likes that look, because well you look like a little boy and we know why men are into that.

I know men that like that like the 6 pack abs and strong arms look. My boyfriend is one of them. People have different preferences - men included. I can out lift my boyfriend - he's 6'5'' but a runner. He's not bothered by it.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear shape...small up top, with chunky thighs and butt. I'm not sure if I like this sort of body type more because I'm naturally built that way, but I love "bigger" legs and booties! Although I'm looking to tone up the jiggle, here's what I want to avoid, and I don't mean to body shame in any way, it's just this particular look isn't for me:

Thigh gaps
    Prominent hip bones
    Completely flat stomach with no muscle definition
    Flat bum

But yeah, I guess it just depends on what you like, and there isn't one universal 'perfect body', but rather a perfect body subjective to every individual.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    Just like I have never met one man into the whole chicks with a six pack and man arms look. These things only seem like the "norm" on the internet. Sure when you date a metro boy that wants to wear your skinny jeans SURE he likes that look, because well you look like a little boy and we know why men are into that.

Watch the stereotypes:

*Metrosexuals (which is so 2004) are not necessarily gay

*Not all gay men care about fashion

*Gay men are not pedophiles