do you have a day where you feel Ugly

Options

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    It is rare I have a day where I do not feel ugly, in all ways possible.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    As a relatively young woman who looks like her father and is built like her post-menopausal mother, it doesn't matter how thin/ pretty I feel getting ready in the morning because it all blows up as soon as I step in front of the mirror. I just suck it up, move on, and remind myself that the only person I need to impress it me.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Yes, it happens. But there are occasionally days that feel a whole lot better. Just have to hold onto those.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    yes, every morning
  • arsimpson1
    arsimpson1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    All the time! With all these responses, it shows that it is a common feeling. We are our worse critic.
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are some facts that i cannot escape from. :laugh:

The good news is: for most people "fat" is not a permanent condition. One can work on it.

No one is perfect. And hard work is good for us. It's best that way.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    Pretty much always.

This is the reason I don't hold back what I think about people (nice things, of course). I pay people compliments about their appearance when I can. Even just small things, since I wonder if, like me, they never get these things. I just figure it'd be nice to hear, and since I never do, well, I'll do it for everyone else. Whether it's their clothes or nails or eyes or haircut or whatever.
    what is that you're holding?
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Pretty much always.

This is the reason I don't hold back what I think about people (nice things, of course). I pay people compliments about their appearance when I can. Even just small things, since I wonder if, like me, they never get these things. I just figure it'd be nice to hear, and since I never do, well, I'll do it for everyone else. Whether it's their clothes or nails or eyes or haircut or whatever.

That's really sweet.

I think I might start doing this. Sometimes I'll think, "Her dress is so pretty and flattering," or, "how is her hair so shiny and soft-looking!?" /jealous! But I don't say those things out loud because I think it might be awkward. But the couple of times a stranger has said something kind, it stuck with me.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Pretty much always.

That's really sweet.

I think I might start doing this. Sometimes I'll think, "Her dress is so pretty and flattering," or, "how is her hair so shiny and soft-looking!?" /jealous! But I don't say those things out loud because I think it might be awkward. But the couple of times a stranger has said something kind, it stuck with me.

I go out of my way to praise customer service. If I see a cleaning lady/man working and I think they did a nice job, I'll say "thank you". I thank customer service reps who are really helpful because I know how horrible it is to work in a call center. It really is the little things that count, and they make you feel all warm and fuzzy.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Every day lol
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Pretty much always.

That's really sweet.

Yeah, exactly. I know sometimes it can probably come off as creepy or weird, especially since I notice small, small things sometimes (observant art student here), but I figure it's better to take the chance that I might make someone's day than to stay silent like most people do.
    what is that you're holding?
    He's my plushie llama Lars. =u=
  • saukura11
    saukura11 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yep. Feel totally disgusting today. And the worst part is is that it doesn't even have to be true cuz all that matters is how you feel.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    All the time!
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    There's days when I feel pretty...and days when I feel pretty ugly lol

Eh...not much I could do about my face but I can keep working on my body (:
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    i felt like this before i used MFP i was bulking i bulked wrong so wrong i was not counting calls i put on to much weight i want to lose 10-15 kg not happy but im countin calls now im loosing 1-2 lb a week
  • beatlebomb
    Options
    Yes, constantly!!!!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Every single day. UGH
  • LeonorMG
    LeonorMG Posts: 93
    Options
    Oh lord if I do.. :(
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    My opinion of myself can change several times within a day.

feeling really unhappy with myself today.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I felt pretty good today, then opened up the online dating thread and it was pretty much confirmed that I'm ugly and defective :cry: