negative calorie foods

Options

Replies

• ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Obviously some of you have missed the intent of the post. I never stated or implied that the list I supplied was ZERO calories. The OP asked for a list of "negative calorie foods" The OP asked for a LIST not opinions as to whether the entire concept of negative calorie foods is fact or myth. Although it is true that weight loss is a function of calories in minus calories out. Eating 5000 calories of bananas a day is probably not a good idea for MANY reasons. Likewise, from a nutrition perspective, 1000 calories of any of the fruits and veggies on the list is not the same as 1000 calories of junk food regardless of how strongly you want to argue the point. From my own personal experience I did not gain weight from eating too many bananas, apples, and zucchini. Likewise it is true people can lose weight by creating a calorie deficit while eating cr@p I would never eat. Choosing to eat more foods from the list I provided combined with lean protiens in GENERAL is better than eating a like number of calories of processed foods, fats, sweets, and junk food from a NUTRITION standpoint for SOME people. Not ALL people but SOME people. I do not know anything about the orignal poster or what he/she planned to do with the information I provided. It is possible that the OP wanted a list to include in a report for school that slams the entire concept of negative calorie foods. I simply provided a concise list of the information that was requested. In the same manner if someone asked for a list of senators that support same sex marriage - they are not asking for my opinion or asking for me to evaluate the whys and wherefores of what generated the question. To criticize me for my post or turn the forum topic into a rant of the fallocy of the idea is to miss the point entirely by trying to impose your specific beliefs onto someone else. It is also a microchosm of our changing world.....Believe as I do ... blindly (without doing you own research and coming to your own conclusion) or be villafied for having asked a question or suppling information to another person. Information is power. Discerning the value and accuracy of the information is strength. Not being afraid to be labeled the fool for asking the question places you on the path to wisdom. Trying to pursuade someone to listen to you and not follow their own path to wisdom is the ultimate act of an egotistical idiot......
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    very low calorie foods that are great diet foods are:

bell peppers, bok choy, cabbage, chicory, celery, cucumber, endive, escarole, lettuce, parsley, radishes, spinach, turnips, and watercress
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Obviously some of you have missed the intent of the post. I never stated or implied that the list I supplied was ZERO calories. The OP asked for a list of "negative calorie foods" The OP asked for a LIST not opinions as to whether the entire concept of negative calorie foods is fact or myth. Although it is true that weight loss is a function of calories in minus calories out. Eating 5000 calories of bananas a day is probably not a good idea for MANY reasons. Likewise, from a nutrition perspective, 1000 calories of any of the fruits and veggies on the list is not the same as 1000 calories of junk food regardless of how strongly you want to argue the point. From my own personal experience I did not gain weight from eating too many bananas, apples, and zucchini. Likewise it is true people can lose weight by creating a calorie deficit while eating cr@p I would never eat. Choosing to eat more foods from the list I provided combined with lean protiens in GENERAL is better than eating a like number of calories of processed foods, fats, sweets, and junk food from a NUTRITION standpoint for SOME people. Not ALL people but SOME people. I do not know anything about the orignal poster or what he/she planned to do with the information I provided. It is possible that the OP wanted a list to include in a report for school that slams the entire concept of negative calorie foods. I simply provided a concise list of the information that was requested. In the same manner if someone asked for a list of senators that support same sex marriage - they are not asking for my opinion or asking for me to evaluate the whys and wherefores of what generated the question. To criticize me for my post or turn the forum topic into a rant of the fallocy of the idea is to miss the point entirely by trying to impose your specific beliefs onto someone else. It is also a microchosm of our changing world.....Believe as I do ... blindly (without doing you own research and coming to your own conclusion) or be villafied for having asked a question or suppling information to another person. Information is power. Discerning the value and accuracy of the information is strength. Not being afraid to be labeled the fool for asking the question places you on the path to wisdom. Trying to pursuade someone to listen to you and not follow their own path to wisdom is the ultimate act of an egotistical idiot......

Are you upset?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

panda-chewing.gif
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Ice cubes.

You nailed it!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Huh?

OP asks for a list of negative calorie foods, you provide a list of food with calories. You then get ranty and a bit insulting when it is pointed out that the list is, in fact, not negative calorie food. Okey dokey then.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

bell peppers, bok choy, cabbage, chicory, celery, cucumber, endive, escarole, lettuce, parsley, radishes, spinach, turnips, and watercress

OP, just use this list and forget these fools.

I am sure that the OP will be very grateful for the list - considering she started the thread over a year ago.....
  • TheDevastator
    Options

I am sure that the OP will be very grateful for the list - considering she started the thread over a year ago.....
    oh geez, yeah that's going to be useful. lol
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

Huh?

OP asks for a list of negative calorie foods, you provide a list of food with calories. You then get ranty and a bit insulting when it is pointed out that the list is, in fact, not negative calorie food. Okey dokey then.

Half of you dont even know what negative cal food means.... negative cal means it takes more energy to eat it than what it contains. Not that it has no cals. And not all fruit and veg are negative cal. Bananas and plums arent for starters. Maybe you should all give the girl a break and help instead of mocking...
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I suppose caffeinated beverages... If you wanted to make it a food I suppose you could freeze a block of coffee/diet soda and slice it into bread slices and then put a pickle in between with some Walden Farms syrup.

LoL YES! Negative calorie feast!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Huh?

Half of you dont even know what negative cal food means.... negative cal means it takes more energy to eat it than what it contains. Not that it has no cals. And not all fruit and veg are negative cal. Bananas and plums arent for starters. Maybe you should all give the girl a break and help instead of mocking...

You've missed the point that there are no such things as negative calorie foods. Celery? Nup. Artichoke? Nope. It's a myth.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Huh?

I know what a negative calorie food is supposed to be. And I was not mocking - point me to where I was.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

I just snorted at this ^
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    wow - she started the thread a year ago.. TALK ABOUT RECYCLING THREADS
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options

Go to the Southern states of the US and these are in a lot of foods made there. But obesity is also highest in these states.

It all depends on how you use them and how you eat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TheDevastator
    Options

Go to the Southern states of the US and these are in a lot of foods made there. But obesity is also highest in these states.

It all depends on how you use them and how you eat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I meant a piece of lettuce with a jumbo cheeseburger or bell peppers on an extra large pizza. Definitely not raw and with low fat dressing of some sort.
  • mikeberthold
    mikeberthold Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I wonder if spicy peppers or a very low calorie hot sauce would qualify.
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    tn-memes-no-face-of-course-not_large.jpg
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Does beer qualify, if I drink 20 cans and vomit them all up later in the night?