Insanity

Options

Replies

• slimmomma4
    slimmomma4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I finished Month 1 of Insanity last week and I'm beginning the recovery week today. I'm a little nervous about what's to come in the second month, but I know I'll finish strong.

could someone please explain the reason for recovery week??? I need a logical reason not to power through
  • Tyree985
    Tyree985 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting week 2 today. I feel like giving up everytime but I've managed to make it through. The feeling I have when I complete a workout is wonderful. I have gained 4 pounds though so I'm hoping that won't continue if it does I may decide to quit.
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    JUST FINISH MONTH 2 FITTEST. NOW I'M DOING P90X. WOW MY UPPER BODY IS SORE.
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    started with week 4
  • slimmomma4
    Options
    I'm just starting week 2 today. I feel like giving up everytime but I've managed to make it through. The feeling I have when I complete a workout is wonderful. I have gained 4 pounds though so I'm hoping that won't continue if it does I may decide to quit.

don't count on the scales count inches - fat weighs less than muscle and take up a lot more space... look at yor bodyfat % and inches :)
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Finished Recovery week this morning. Rest day tomorrow then on to the craziness of Month 2 :noway:
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I just started month 2. I hate it. Hate it in a good way I guess. I would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants to see results though!
    do you not find the work out too short?? dont get me wrong I love the stretching BUT...

These hour long Max-month workouts feel too long, if anything.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    i started it.... not impressed.. warm up is great stretchng lovely but the actual work out too short.. have to top it up with a round of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 just to feel good.
    btw I am not a gym rat I have a body fat % of 30..!! yes 30% I need to turn fat to muscle

Well, you can't turn fat into muscle.... unfortunately.
  • slimmomma4
    Options
    i started it.... not impressed.. warm up is great stretchng lovely but the actual work out too short.. have to top it up with a round of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 just to feel good.
    btw I am not a gym rat I have a body fat % of 30..!! yes 30% I need to turn fat to muscle

you can.... that is why we work out... :-)
  • slimmomma4
    Options
    I just started month 2. I hate it. Hate it in a good way I guess. I would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants to see results though!
    do you not find the work out too short?? dont get me wrong I love the stretching BUT...

These hour long Max-month workouts feel too long, if anything.

one hour... looking forward to it :-) bring on the pain and the fat burning :-)
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    slimmomma4- You sound like me. :) I'm not super fit and I sweat like crazy and push hard during the workouts, but with month 1 the workouts are like under 45 minutes and it didn't seem like enough. So I added a couple workouts here and there (p90x or another insanity video) and i'm also a runner so I run almost everyday (I'd do that whether I was doing insanity or not anyhow)

Month 2 is a whole different story! longer, harder and it feels like the warmup/stretching is shorter.
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm also impatient and want results like...now :) That's probably been the hardest part of exercising for me.
  • slimmomma4
    Options
    I'm also impatient and want results like...now :) That's probably been the hardest part of exercising for me.

I know patience is a virtue I lack ... I look slim but underneath the clothes is the remainder of 4 kids fat, flab and bvdr
  • slimmomma4
    Options
    slimmomma4- You sound like me. :) I'm not super fit and I sweat like crazy and push hard during the workouts, but with month 1 the workouts are like under 45 minutes and it didn't seem like enough. So I added a couple workouts here and there (p90x or another insanity video) and i'm also a runner so I run almost everyday (I'd do that whether I was doing insanity or not anyhow)

Month 2 is a whole different story! longer, harder and it feels like the warmup/stretching is shorter.

Looking forward to Max month... what is the reason behind 'recovery week'??

How are you finding P90X?? I love the P90X top they have in the infomercial... how sad am I .. My goal is fat % down then I can get a Stella McCartney/Adidas Hoodie and Sweat Pants... so pretty but I want size XS in the pants... check it out so pretty
  • staubng
    staubng Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Who is doing Insanity and who wants to start?

I just started with video one yesterday, felt great and started my video journal with pics. Please do the same and I'll be posting with you in 60 days.
  • Papaya81
    Papaya81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Starting Week 2 today. Skipped one workout last week because I was suffering from the 4 glasses of wine I splurged on the night before. However, like a few other folks - I incorporate running into my daily workout as I don't want to lose my running endurance.

My body hurt like crazy the third day and I am hoping I can stick through it until the end, I have some vacations set up that require a bikini body and I am not in any shape to be putting myself on the sand anytime soon.
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about this insanity but I'm scared to try it! I don't know if I have enough stamina to do an INSANE workout!!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options

No, you can burn fat and build muscle but fat doesn't literally turn into muscle.

I'm on week 4, day 3, I've only lost 1lb but took pics today and can see a big difference. I plan to do P90X after I'm done with Insanity.
  • slimmomma4
    Options

No, you can burn fat and build muscle but fat doesn't literally turn into muscle.

I'm on week 3, day 3, I've only lost 1lb but took pics today and can see a big difference. I plan to do P90X after I'm done with Insanity.

that is just nit picking... same thing
  • slimmomma4
    Options
    I keep hearing about this insanity but I'm scared to try it! I don't know if I have enough stamina to do an INSANE workout!!

it is not too bad... I have only tried month 1 .. so far BUT have read that month 2 is worse... but I find any Jillian Michaels harder . On insanity month 1 there is a warm up then a very long stretch and around 20-25 min work out so honestly not that bad...