losing 100lbs in 9 months?

Options

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    It's definitely doable. Be honest with your tracking, stay focused, and don't get discouraged when you slip up or the scale seems to be stuck.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 290 and want to loose 100lbs!!!! I set a goal to loose it in one year but your idea sounds much better!! I am 5'5!!! I just plan on counting calories (no more than 1500) working out daily and drinking lots of water! So far 10 pounds in 2 weeks!

The only water thing is so helpful! I started at 290 back in September. I'm at 246 now. I set a goal to only drink water until I get under 220.

why are you going to stop drinking water? is there magic in not drinking it after a certain weight?
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    P.S I started losing weight in January 2012 (joined MFP in June) and lost 72 pounds in 2012. so far in 2013 I've lost 10 pounds. So it took me 15 months to lose 82 pounds. Now I'm not saying you can't lose 100 pounds in 9 months! It's just not realistic.

thank you! congrats on your weight loss! It's nice to get a message from someone who has already lost so much. I will keep everything in mind. I do think it's a lot and will be a hard work. I'm not getting my hopes up. I am bigger so I do have a lot more weight to lose. You are right about losing so few in a month. I just like the idea of... the bigger the goal, the more work I will do to get there. Thank you again!
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I dont mean to sound discouraging, but 100lbs should be your ultimate goal to lose. Setting smaller goals will help you achieve your ultimate goal in the long run. What you are losing now is water weight. It happens to everyone at the beginning of a diet. You lose a lot, and then after a while, the scale will barely budge. Normally, people are supposed to aim for 1-2lbs a week. This is more realistic, as well as healthier. If you lose weight too quickly, it can come back just as easily. Just focus on eating well and exercising! So far you've already made lots of progress! Set small goals and reward yourself every time you meet them! Good luck hun! You can do this! Keep that motivation going!!
  • starfinale
    Options
    I am currently at 290 and want to loose 100lbs!!!! I set a goal to loose it in one year but your idea sounds much better!! I am 5'5!!! I just plan on counting calories (no more than 1500) working out daily and drinking lots of water! So far 10 pounds in 2 weeks!

The only water thing is so helpful! I started at 290 back in September. I'm at 246 now. I set a goal to only drink water until I get under 220.

why are you going to stop drinking water? is there magic in not drinking it after a certain weight?

hahaaaaaaa no! I was saying that I will not drink anything other than water until then. I will ALWAYS drink water... does that make sense? I'm bad with wording things....
  • starfinale
    Options
    I dont mean to sound discouraging, but 100lbs should be your ultimate goal to lose. Setting smaller goals will help you achieve your ultimate goal in the long run. What you are losing now is water weight. It happens to everyone at the beginning of a diet. You lose a lot, and then after a while, the scale will barely budge. Normally, people are supposed to aim for 1-2lbs a week. This is more realistic, as well as healthier. If you lose weight too quickly, it can come back just as easily. Just focus on eating well and exercising! So far you've already made lots of progress! Set small goals and reward yourself every time you meet them! Good luck hun! You can do this! Keep that motivation going!!

thank you! I have smaller weekly goals. I just like having the big goal so I can have something to work towards! the bigger the goal, the harder I will work. I'm not expecting to hit the goal. I'm just expecting to put in the hard work!
  • starfinale
    Options
    I, personally, didn't lose it in any set amount of time but I do think 100 pounds in 9 months is doable! That's a little over 11 pounds a month. I remember I lost 13 pounds in a month, and teens during other months. Just eat well, exercise, and don't give up :smile:

oh wow! you already hit 100! congrats on your weight loss! that's amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I think there is a difference between losing 100 when you've got a lot more to lose, than losing the last 100 to get to your goal weight. It certainly is possible in both situations, but the majority that lose the 100 quicker still have many more pounds to lose after the 100 come off. Good luck to you, it's certainly not a goal for someone who discourages easily or who will "get there by any means necessary."
  • starfinale
    Options
    I think there is a difference between losing 100 when you've got a lot more to lose, than losing the last 100 to get to your goal weight. It certainly is possible in both situations, but the majority that lose the 100 quicker still have many more pounds to lose after the 100 come off. Good luck to you, it's certainly not a goal for someone who discourages easily or who will "get there by any means necessary."

you're right and thank you! I'll keep that in mind since I have lost 43.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 76 more lbs by the end of the year! Add me if u want. And yea its totally doable! If i can loose 100 by end of year thatll be even more awesome!m
  • CBDoll
    CBDoll Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 75 or 80...I'm in!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Hey!

There are 9 months left of the year. I am trying to lose 100lbs. I just wanted to know if anyone else is trying to do this too! what are your plans? please give any advice.

I believe it's doable. I plan on working out doing cardio 5 times a week for 45 minutes to an hour. I'm 5'7.

if you're in the same situation as me feel free to add me.

If you think I'm completely insane, let me know! haha.

i took time to get that on you..its gonna take time to get it off of you. I do believe it is possible for heavier people to lose more weight so 11 pounds a month for 9 months straight? i would say its doable..i am not sure if its realistic. it's exciting to start losing weight..eventually you are going to plateau..and if you incorporate weights you may lose body fat versus pounds. So it may not be your ultimate plan to lose another 100 pounds but hopefully you will continue to be healthy and continue to lose weight! Congrats on the 43 you have lost already!
  • baker150
    baker150 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've lost 105 pounds in 10 months... it all depends on the calories you eat and the calories you burn. and the more you weigh when you start the faster it will come off, usually.
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    i think its doable, just have to stay committed. good luck!! :)
  • fredf2112
    fredf2112 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It can be done but check with your doctor.
  • Osu2k1
    Osu2k1 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am 100.8 from goal (180 lb), and I would love to loose 100 and be done with the active WL phase, but I've been struggling for the last year and I know for me, hoping (and praying) to loose 25 this year will make me happy. BUT I am going forward and am trying to get more active. I think you have a great plan!! I need to get cardio in 3x a week in addition to my martial arts, that's where I've been stuck. Good luck!!!!!:happy:
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    While I think it's doable, I don't think it's realistic. Even if you lose 2 pounds a week, you probably will not lose anything during the week of your period. So at most you'll lose 6 pounds a month...that's 54 pounds in 9 months. I think that's realistic. Give yourself plenty of time to lose the 100 pounds, don't stress yourself out trying to lose it so rapidly.

I lost 4 lbs the week of my period...
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Have you started a group? If so, I'd like to join! I want to lose 120 lbs...not trying to do that by the end of the year, but 100 by the end of December would be awesome.
  • starfinale
    Options
    I've lost 105 pounds in 10 months... it all depends on the calories you eat and the calories you burn. and the more you weigh when you start the faster it will come off, usually.

wow that's amazing girl! thank you!
  • starfinale
    Options
    Have you started a group? If so, I'd like to join! I want to lose 120 lbs...not trying to do that by the end of the year, but 100 by the end of December would be awesome.

no I haven't. I should. I'm surprised at how many people are willing to join in. thank you!