The girls are shrinking....

Options

Replies

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Actually, you should get yourself re-fitted by a boutique that specializes in women's lingerie. As your band size goes down, your cup size will actually go up. I was shocked, when even though the girls seemed a bit smaller, that my band size went down and my cup size went way up. I went from a 40C to a 36DDD. Granted, I was probably wearing the wrong size to begin with, but still....

ETA: And it's a wrong interpretation by society that a bigger cup size means bigger ta-tas...because it doesn't. The actual cup size is usually the same for the most part, but it's how it fits on the band and shapes around your breasts that changes.

I agree with this. Most women are wearing the wrong size bra to begin with. If your weight is changing, you should get a professional fitting at a bra shop (Nordstrom's does a good job too). Victoria's Secret is awful for fitting bras--they top out at DDD. The formula of measuring your ribs & adding 4"/5" to it is crap. Your underbust measurement should be your band size, then you subtract from your bust measurement to get your cup size. Since most stores top out at DD, most women go up in band size so they can fit their breasts into the cups when they should actually be getting a cup size that is above DD. With all the weight I've lost, getting bras that fit has been the biggest hassle. All women should read the info at this site:

http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/p/finding-bras-that-fit.html

A good online calculator is http://www.sophisticatedpair.com/bracalculator.htm

I've been professionally fitted twice now (one local bra shop & once at Nordstrom's) & the calculator matched what I was told. I'm now wearing a much larger cup size than I ever would have imagined (34G) because I really don't consider myself a busty woman. But, the bras fit properly which makes me so angry when I think about how women are being duped & how uncomfortable it is to wear a bra that fits wrong--the constant shifting, adjusting, quad boobs, & overspill. Shoulder pain from the straps taking the weight instead of the band! Grrrr!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I will take you cracking walnuts with your thighs over bigger boobs. :)

Joo go gurl!
  • whitterbugkru
    Options
    Me too! omg. My BF? not so much, haha.
  • _Fatty2Fitty_
    _Fatty2Fitty_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well as a girl who has size F's, I can only dream of the day that mine shrink!! Instead im stuck with these two mountains on my chest that are impossible t buy clothes for!!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Meh. Big tots are overrated, IMO. Rock them bee stings. :wink:
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    small price to pay.
  • JackiLean
    JackiLean Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ha! I don't know what yall are talking about! I will be ecstatic when my DD "moobs" are gone!

:bigsmile:

Hahaha! I hope your moobs shrink until they disappear!

For all the ladies, I know... sadly, I know.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree with people that say to get a good bra fitting and try a bunch on to find a good fit. The band range is a lot smaller than people realize. It can go down to 28 or 30 and if you have an even smaller rib cage (I do), some companies run even smaller in the band size. I just got some new bras and I am so happy and amazed by how comfortable they are and how well they fit because they are scaled down for a smaller frame size. A lot of bras as they get smaller still do not take into account that the entire body is smaller in every way and the cups need to be closer together and all of that.

In the past my bras were too big in the band/straps, but smooshing my breasts in the cups (and every time I moved around the bra would shift out of place). Now, they fit and support my breasts the right way.

And also, if you are slimmer, fitter, smaller, it's often natural for your breasts to also be proportionally a bit smaller, firmer, perkier, etc.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You can always buy some. That's what I did LOL!
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    The solution to this is to stop wearing bras, then you'll never go down a size.
  • beatlebomb
    Options
    They shrink and change direction!!! lol But all is good!!!!!:laugh:
  • RaphaAmarioarei
    Options
    I am now an A, so i understand!
  • jude4247
    jude4247 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have only lost a little bit of weight so far and I have a lot to go. But this thread made me think of my sister the other day. (I could tell my boobs are getting smaller.) I caught her the other day looking at my chest and she says "where are your boobs going?" haha
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Chest flys, bench press will make your breasts look spectacular after a loss.. In the past I have lost from my breast first but this time around I've been able to maintain my C's. :blushing:
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump for fitting website
  • FitCitrus
    FitCitrus Posts: 15
    Options
    Yup, I hear ya. I went from a DD to now a B.

Makes me wanna cry :( lol
  • FitCitrus
    FitCitrus Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm going to miss my "buddies" too!
  • tigerlily886
    tigerlily886 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Aw man, mine are small enough. Of course when I put weight on, it does not go to my boobs. When I lose weight, I'm sure they will shrink.
  • Nessc
    Nessc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, dramallamaduc! I would love for mine to shrink!! :-)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 40D to a 32DD. Less volume, but still pretty perky. No complaints here
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!