What's your religion?

Options

Replies

• jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I was raised a Catholic but it was not a good experience in the 60's so I am investigating Buddhism.
    I understand that some Buddhists believe that the movie Groundhog Day was based on the Buddhist beliefs.
    I really like Groudhog Day therefore I must be a Buddhist. :laugh:
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    As I have gotten older...agnostic. Family would seriously judge if they knew even though I wasn't raised really religious and we didn't consistently go to church.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I was raised a Catholic but it was not a good experience in the 60's so I am investigating Buddhism.
    I understand that some Buddhists believe that the movie Groundhog Day was based on the Buddhist beliefs.
    I really like Groudhog Day therefore I must be a Buddhist. :laugh:

Lol
  • PDXContessa
    PDXContessa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    A lot of people go from religion to atheist, not realizing that religion is not the same as god.

Oh...here we go...on the way to deletion. What make you think this? I'm an atheist. I went from Catholic, to nondenominational, to Methodist over a period of many years. I did a great deal of reading, soul-searching, and self-examination before I accepted that I didn't really believe there was a supernatural being watching over us. I wanted to believe, but I just couldn't believe in the God of the bible any more than I could believe in Thor or Zeus. Most atheists are smarter than you might think. People don't stop believing on a whim.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    N/A
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    A lot of people go from religion to atheist, not realizing that religion is not the same as god.

Some people are not looking for any idea of god. That's generally the idea of atheism. We are not searching for a kinder, gentler god. We do not believe in any god at all - benevolent, benign, or malevolent.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I believe Jesus died for my sins and rose again so I could spend eternity in heaven with God.

I attend an Assembly of God church.

My religion is classified as Pentecostal by those who create such groupings.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    My Dad's side is Southern Baptist, converted from Judaism (so I have the very Jewish last name) and my mom's side is Catholic or Christian, but only my great-gramma goes to Church.

Me, I'm spiritual. I don't agree with organized religion due to the amount of hypocrisy and using it to hide behind pushing your beliefs onto others...not that everyone does it but too many do. I try to love everyone equally as humans and try my best not to judge anyone.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    LOL at the bacon comment! :laugh:

I'm Christian (non-denominational) :bigsmile:

Isn't religion one of those topics people aren't supposed to talk about? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yup, that's what they say. But do you always follow the rules?? :tongue: Hehe!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Pastafarian

R'amen to that!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I was raise catholic but I don't practice anymore.
    My wife is anglican
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm Catholic. Mom's Catholic, dad's Baptist.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Atheist

Me too
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Pastafarian

R'amen to that!

:laugh:
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Honestly I was expecting alot of arguing in this thread
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I am a Christian. I have no organized religion. I only have faith.

Yeah, if you skip all the perversions and manipulations of the various organized religious groups, it's actually a pretty cool thing. I say skip the middle men and go straight to God. :flowerforyou:
  • UnicornRides
    Options
    Pastafarian

R'amen to that!

I bow tie you both.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    What I believe is that it's very possible that there is a higher being.

What I believe is that it's very lovely when people believe in that higher being and act in a good way towards others.
    What I believe is that it's very lovely when people have come to the conclusion that they don't believe and act in a good way towards others.

What I believe is that it breaks my heart when I see ANY hate whatsoever, or any discrimination. Just based on what somebody interpreted from the bible.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Honestly I was expecting alot of arguing in this thread

The night is young.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am a Episcopalian. I firmly believe that God is real, and that he sent his only son Jesus Christ to die for us so that we may have everlasting life. Nothing will ever change that!
This discussion has been closed.