Options

Replies

• originalcookiemonster
    Options
    Alchemy and equivalent exchange. *claps hands*
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I grew up Pentecostal and evolved into an agnostic with atheist leanings.
  • DotPett
    DotPett Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My hubby wants to start the Church of John, he's John and he wants to collect YOUR 10%. i call that our vacation fund. :-)
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm an eclectic Wiccan...

me too :)

me three!

Me Four! - in more of a kitchen/Hedge witchy sort of bent.

Me five, with more of a celtic/norse flavor to it

me six which is my lucky number lol
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I am a non-denominational Christian. I can be happy in nearly every kind of Christian church setting as long as they are teaching from the Bible (I'm shocked how many "Christian" churches don't even teach from the Bible, cause doesn't that make you something other than Christian with similar beliefs?). My own church has been described by visitors in many different ways including Pentecostal or Baptist, which is strange in that those denominations historically argue with each other over stuff, lol.

But basically, I am Christian, I believe in the Bible, and I believe in living holy as God commands us in the Bible. You don't have to be a specific denomination to be a "holy" Christian, and being "holy" does NOT mean you are perfect or "holier than thou" but rather you do your best to adhere to the teachings in the Bible and recognize that we all fall short somewhere, which is why grace and mercy are cool things. :flowerforyou:

And I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    love
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Follower of Jesus!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    My father is a non-practicing Jehovah's Witness, and my mother grew up Southern Baptist but is now an atheist. I'm also an atheist.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    "I'm agnostic because I'm not decisive enough to be an atheist" - George Will
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Raised Baptist, then Agnostic, now consider myself Weslynan - if you give it a group name.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    My hubby wants to start the Church of John, he's John and he wants to collect YOUR 10%. i call that our vacation fund. :-)

Sorry to have to do this but
    http://www.meditationsonthetarot.com/the-church-of-john
  • cchamil1985
    cchamil1985 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Christian, Assemblies of God by affiliation though I would suspect that I am closer to C. S. Lewis in my theology than most of my contemporaries.
  • slynnroberts94
    Options
    I am LDS, or commonly known as "Mormon" :)
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Pantheist.
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm not religious, but I can't say I'm quite Atheist either. My mother is Agnostic, my grandmother is Pagan, and my father was a Nichiren Shoshu Buddhist. I was raised to form my own opinions about religion and learn as much as I can. There are a lot of aspects from different religions that I find interesting, and if I were to pick a religion, I'd probably be Buddhist.
    When my dad passed away, I had to send his Gohonzon (chant scroll) to Japan because each one is special like a person's soul and monks hold a ceremony for each one as they destroy it properly. I think Buddhism is fascinating. I have his altar that the Gohonzon was kept in, next to my bed. It's pretty and reminds me of my Dad.
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My religion is Islam.

I believe in Jesus :) as a prophet : O Jesus! I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and causing you to ascend unto Me, and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you superior to those who disbelieve to the Day of Resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, so l will decide between you of the matters wherein you differed. [The Holy Qur'an, Surah 3:55]

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
    Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
    He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
    And there is none like unto Him.
    (THe Holy Quran, Surah 112)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    My religion is Hockey. All praise the great and powerful Lemieux.
  • MSWgirl7
    MSWgirl7 Posts: 5
    Options
    Christ follower
  • britwilly4
    britwilly4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a follower of Jesus Christ :). I don't see it as "religion" since religion is basically a habitual practice, or collection of customs, that (to me) seem mindless and pointless. Rather, I have a relationship with the one true, living God. As my pastor says:

-"Religion is sinful man trying to reach a holy God. Relationship is a holy God reaching down to sinful man."

In other words, RELIGION is: trying to make it to heaven through our own efforts...living life and hoping that our good outweighs our bad so that we'll get into heaven...etc (it can go on, and on). However, RELATIONSHIP is admitting that you are a sinner that needs a Savior, excepting the fact that God sent his son Jesus to earth to die for the sins of man by being crucified even though he was blameless, asking Christ to come into your life and fill you with the Holy Spirit, and living a life pleasing to God, our creator.

Its all about GRACE. Coming to terms with the truth: that we don't deserve eternal life in heaven, but God gave us a way (ONE way) to get to heaven because he loves us, and he'll never stop loving us, no matter how bad you think you are. And it's all about MERCY. Realizing that we don't deserve God's blessings because we are sinful, yet God doesn't give us the punishment we deserve (hell) if we sincerely look to Him. Put another way: GRACE is getting something we don't deserve, and MERCY is not getting what we do deserve.

Anyway, that's my view. Jesus loves you!
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Sex is my religion! :flowerforyou: AMEN!
This discussion has been closed.