Its Time to ASK THE WOLF

Options

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Dear Wolf,

Is free will an illusion that our minds cling to as a way of lending validity to its otherwise meaningless existence? Do we have any actual true agency or is the determinist correct in saying that all events that occur are simply reactions to events that have happened in the past. Since we are a part of the entire continuum of cause to effect how can we claim that we have any ability to transcend it?

I think you make some grievous assumptions, first that we are all part of any continuum. The mind and soul are free to choose whichever path we want, as part of natural design. Feeling like it is a meaningful existence is just a way for those without morals to justify their behaviors and ultimately is a cop out.

Also, JIm Morrison is in Africa with BRuce Lee and Tupac.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Okay, easier question this time!

If people feel "blue" when they are feeling down, what color does a Smurf feel?

D@mn u....why were your questions easier when we werent friends? That said, when Smurfs feel down they just visit Smurfette at the Smurf Hotel for some crappy suck and blow.

Because now you feel social pressure to impress me, of course. :)

Smurfette is the only female, so if the Smurfs think her suck and blow is crappy what have they been comparing it to??
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options

D@mn u....why were your questions easier when we werent friends? That said, when Smurfs feel down they just visit Smurfette at the Smurf Hotel for some crappy suck and blow.

Smurfette is the only female, so if the Smurfs think her suck and blow is crappy what have they been comparing it to??

You dont think Papa Smurf looks extremely pervy? Like pervy in the REALLY bad way.

Also, pressure makes diamonds...no that is not a proposal, KA POW! Im back baby!
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Is it a bad thing that I love breakfast foods so much that I could eat them all day long? (calories permitting of course)

Thats just wierd.

Would it be wrong for me to wish you had spelled weird right?
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options

You dont think Papa Smurf looks extremely pervy? Like pervy in the REALLY bad way.

Also, pressure makes diamonds...no that is not a proposal, KA POW! Im back baby!

LOL! And this is why I love the Wolf! :drinker:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Who was/is the best host on Family Feud?
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Dear Wolf,

Is free will an illusion that our minds cling to as a way of lending validity to its otherwise meaningless existence? Do we have any actual true agency or is the determinist correct in saying that all events that occur are simply reactions to events that have happened in the past. Since we are a part of the entire continuum of cause to effect how can we claim that we have any ability to transcend it?

I think you make some grievous assumptions, first that we are all part of any continuum. The mind and soul are free to choose whichever path we want, as part of natural design. Feeling like it is a meaningful existence is just a way for those without morals to justify their behaviors and ultimately is a cop out.

So on the one hand I now know that I do have agency and my life has meaning! Thanks Mr. Wolf. Also as promised you made my life worse because as a person without morals you have stated that I no longer have any justification for my actions. I am delighted and dismayed by your words. I both appreciated and disdain you. You are a wise teacher and a spoiler of parties. I wish you all the best of luck in the world and that you will then be met with bad fortune.
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options

You never answered her original question though, Wolf...avoidance yet again. I still don't know what color a Smurf feels when they are sad.

And I was so looking forward to the answer... :(
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    Dear Wolf,

So on the one hand I now know that I do have agency and my life has meaning! Thanks Mr. Wolf. Also as promised you made my life worse because as a person without morals you have stated that I no longer have any justification for my actions. I am delighted and dismayed by your words. I both appreciated and disdain you. You are a wise teacher and a spoiler of parties. I wish you all the best of luck in the world and that you will then be met with bad fortune.

When you can snatch the stone from my hand you will become master.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options

You never answered her original question though, Wolf...avoidance yet again. I still don't know what color a Smurf feels when they are sad.

its gdammn purple alright? lol
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    Is it a bad thing that I love breakfast foods so much that I could eat them all day long? (calories permitting of course)

Thats just wierd.

your krazy <-see what I did there on both words?
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options

SURVEY SAYS.....Is this even a question? Richard Dawson was the only REAL host of Faily Feud.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Its Spring why is it colder then a witches tit out there?
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options

its gdammn purple alright? lol

Thank you! My life is now complete with this information:drinker:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

SURVEY SAYS.....Is this even a question? Richard Dawson was the only REAL host of Faily Feud.

Was it the pinky ring?
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options

Thats just wierd.

your krazy <-see what I did there on both words?

You're a cruel man :laugh:
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Dear Wolf,

I look forward to that day. Did you have to snatch a stone from your master's hand or did he have a different test?
  • ChelMar24
    ChelMar24 Posts: 19
    Options
    Is fwb really possible?
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    Dear Wolf,

I look forward to that day. Did you have to snatch a stone from your master's hand or did he have a different test?

I was required to be celibate, so I got married *rim shot!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    Its Spring why is it colder then a witches tit out there?

Its 75 and sunny as I look out the window.