female “non bulk” weight lifters

Options

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I would really like to see some pictures of female “non bulk” weight lifters. No offense to anyone please, I’m personally just not pursuing that particular look.

*Just started doing a little lifting today.
    Thanks!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/884447-do-you-lift-heavy-are-you-bulky?hl=lift+are+you+bulky

Lot's of strong ladies there - not a single one is bulky.

Do not fear lifting, it won't make you bulky.
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    Hello! I lost 4 inches from the tops of my arms when I started lifting (I do squats/lunges with a 25kg bar, bench press 10kg - so not huge weights). I still have to really tense up before you can see a bicep, but I do feel very toned. Good luck (sorry I'm too shy to post a piccie!)
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Umm I don't think you can lift weights and "non bulk" ....

why are you lifting weights then?

this is not true... and you can lift weights to increase strength gains, burn fat, increase metabolic rate and for body composition changes.. I don't lift weights to bulk. And it's almost impossible to have "gains" on a caloric deficit which I assume the OP is at.. it's very difficult to build muscle.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    im slowly starting to give up on the human race
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    oh and if you are eating in a deficit you cannot gain muscle mass anyway ...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    OP...all the joking aside, you have absolutely ZERO to worry about in RE to bulking.

A. It's very difficult for a man to "bulk"...it's about 5x harder for a female to "bulk"...you simply dn't have the necessary hormones

B. truly "bulking" requires a calorie surplus...it cannot be accomplished on a deficit. It also requires a very strict body building diet that is pretty much on the f'ing money. It also happens to take years and years of dedication to that diet and way more than an hour in the weight room a few nights per week.

C. I'm sure what you would consider "heavy lifting" really seems like "heavy lifting" to you...I assure you that whatever it is you're doing, it is nowhere near the type of lifting you would need to do for body building. If it were that easy, pretty much every guy on the planet would look like a world class body builder.

Just hit the weight room and lift...you will burn fat and lean out...your muscles will start to show and you'll have the body composition you're looking for.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you won't bulk up with just heavy weights. It takes more testosterone than women have naturally for that to occur.

If you want to see pictures, there are front/back/side progress pics in my profile, taken beginning of Jan - beginning of March this year, when I was losing fat. I think there's an 8lb difference.

I have done 2 "bulking" phases to gain extra muscle, still not what I'd call bulky. You can only really see my muscle when I flex (also have pictures of that) but who walks around flexing 24/7?? I had significanlty less muscle mass when I was lifting heavy, but had never done a bulking phase. (picture in pink dress)
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    <
    I Weightlift 6 days out of the week, unless ur taking steroids then you wont bulk , You get tone and definition and sexy muscles :wink:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Thanks!

You will be bulky by Friday.

true story

I bulked up just reading this.

i got bulky looking at your profile picture

If_you_know_what_I_mean..png

Hahahahahahahaha YES. That was my intended reaction.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    <
    I Weightlift 6 days out of the week, unless ur taking steroids then you wont bulk , You get tone and definition and sexy muscles :wink:

hell yea, I like me some boo boo ...
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options

Thanks!

You will be bulky by Friday.

true story

I bulked up just reading this.

i got bulky looking at your profile picture

If_you_know_what_I_mean..png

i just laughed outloud at this
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Personally, I do it to gain strength. Meanwhile, I'm eating at a deficit, and the "bulk" is disappearing.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    OP...all the joking aside, you have absolutely ZERO to worry about in RE to bulking.

A. It's very difficult for a man to "bulk"...it's about 5x harder for a female to "bulk"...you simply dn't have the necessary hormones

B. truly "bulking" requires a calorie surplus...it cannot be accomplished on a deficit. It also requires a very strict body building diet that is pretty much on the f'ing money. It also happens to take years and years of dedication to that diet and way more than an hour in the weight room a few nights per week.

C. I'm sure what you would consider "heavy lifting" really seems like "heavy lifting" to you...I assure you that whatever it is you're doing, it is nowhere near the type of lifting you would need to do for body building. If it were that easy, pretty much every guy on the planet would look like a world class body builder.

Just hit the weight room and lift...you will burn fat and lean out...your muscles will start to show and you'll have the body composition you're looking for.

^^ This

I was on a bulk cycle for 20 years. I'm finally cutting! :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    Options

Personally, I do it to gain strength. Meanwhile, I'm eating at a deficit, and the "bulk" is disappearing.

I was asking the OP :)

I lift because i want to be strong, lose body fat, and put some muscle on ..not all at once of course, but in stages....
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

This and man, you look fantastic!!!!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Ummm....If you mean bulk as in eating over maintenance then okay, but women don't bulk as in GET HUGE without added help. That being said, I lift, I don't do cardio and I eat at maintenance.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I lift because i want to be strong, lose body fat, and put some muscle on ..not all at once of course, but in stages....

Oh, I know.

1. I like to give my opinion even when it's not requested.
    2. Considering the question of the OP, don't you think your question back to her is a little silly? (in hindsight, I mean) :flowerforyou:
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    old_zpsf3fccb05.jpg
    R8P60DI_zpsc59fb665.jpg

Some cardio, but lots of lifting. I wish I had better pictures that included arms, legs, everything.

MY point is, lifting made me SMALLER.

Eta: there's only 24 lbs difference in these pictures. Yet another wondrous benefit of lifting.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Oh, I know.

1. I like to give my opinion even when it's not requested.
    2. Considering the question of the OP, don't you think your question back to her is a little silly? (in hindsight, I mean) :flowerforyou:

of course it was silly ...that is what I do :)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    old_zpsf3fccb05.jpg
    R8P60DI_zpsc59fb665.jpg

Some cardio, but lots of lifting. I wish I had better pictures that included arms, legs, everything.

MY point is, lifting made me SMALLER.

OK you have some pictures..but where is the REAL evidence come on people...we all know when woman start lifting they turn into 500 pound silver back gorillas....!