Older women success stories please!

Options

Replies

• dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am a proud 48 year old. I feel great, young and sexy. It is harder when you get older but so worth it. :wink:
  • goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm not in a race and every pound is a victory.

Lovely sentiment! Thanks
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i was working one summer in highschool as a pool boy at the local country club when i glanced over at this mid-50s lady...

oh wait, i read the title wrong
    :laugh: lol to funny!
  • dingleberrytot
    Options
    hi, back again and this time i hope to succeed. i need to lose 50 pounds, i weigh 190 on a 5 foot frame...should lose 60 but i'd be thrilled with 50. i will be 68 this month and love seeing posts from "old" ladies like me so send me messages. i have prediabetes too so its very important that i get this off..good fitness and health to everyone. theres no luck to it, just sensible hard work.
  • alvin420
    alvin420 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have just joined this community, but I am 51 years old and I started my work out program and healthy eating at 49. I decided I didn't want to be "Fat & Fifty". I lost 50 pounds in about 2 years. It can be done. It was hard work and now I love the exercise part of it. Don't lose hope, or give up, it is so worth it. I feel like I am in the best shape of my life. I feel so much better. I have a before and after picture, but I don't know how to post on this board. I will try to figure it out.
  • 91lowharley
    91lowharley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and I started my "healthy choice" life in April 2012 and I've lost 65 lbs. I did meet my goal to weigh 145 and now I'm going for 135. I hike, do zumba, and the Jillian Micheal's DVD's. I did not begin doing this at first as I started walking and taking longer walks, joined the gym and using their bikes. That got boring so I started hiking and working out with the circuit training and THIS is what really helped me out. I started losing inches fast. You can do it. I however am having a very difficult time losing those last 15 lbs.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and I don't consider myself older. I have lost almost 70l s over the last 18 months. I am stronger and healthier than I was at 25. It is possible. Just have to be stubborn as hell about it.
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i was working one summer in highschool as a pool boy at the local country club when i glanced over at this mid-50s lady...

oh wait, i read the title wrong

Thanks for the smile!
  • kaf57
    kaf57 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 55...I went from not being able to walk a block because I had a blown disc in my back, (felt sorry for myself and gained yet ANOTHER 30 pounds) to losing 90 pounds and walking up to 10 miles a day!!! Never think that it is too late...my life is soooo much better now!!!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I posted this earlier today on another thread but I guess it can go here too.

I started Jan. 11 and, as of today, Apr. 02, I have lost 15 lbs...... less than 3 months. I'm 61 y.o. and 5'3". Goal weight is 120.
    Beginning weight: 147.5 Today: 132.5

I'm not sure that 15 lbs. counts as a "success story" when there are many here who lose 100+ but I'm sure happy about it.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am 45, 5"9 I started at 380 pounds and have lost 187 pounds with about 16-35 pounds to go...heres my before and current pics...

Before:

1704image2.png

Current:

photo_zpsbe1f8328.jpg

And just to show you a 45 year old who was morbidly obese can look okay with a nice dress ;)

391284_10150433109017899_1929151878_n_zpsfad062bc.jpg

kazz :)
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am 54, and have lost and kept off about 45 pounds since 2006. Besides tracking calories, I think the key is building muscle. We lose muscle mass as we age, and muscle burns calories. I don't lift weights, but cross train with a variety of exercises. I still need to lose about 20 pounds, but people think I look younger than I am. And you DON'T look 45! More like 30!

Don't give up...you can be one of these success stories in a few months!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    im 45, i wouldnt call myself older. or old for that matter either, anyway, i am heading towards the best shape of my life. i look way better than i did in my 20s. dont give up! ever!
  • PJT614
    PJT614 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In 1 year from now. I will be another year older. I can be unhappy with myself as I was or I can be committed to look and feel better. I choose the latter. It is never too late.
  • efkovacs
    efkovacs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 54. It IS harder to lose the weight at this age. I wish I had the motivation I have now, when I was 20-30 years younger.
    The key is to just not give up. I kept changing things up to find what suits me. I'm currently eating vegan. Who would have thought!? Exercise is something not to forget. I don't always have time...ok, rarely have time, to go to the gym, but even just puttering around the house is so much better than just sitting on the couch.
    I won't say I ONLY lost 10 pounds since November, but I will say I've stopped gaining and lost 10 pounds in the process.
    As my grandson would say..."Yeah me!"
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and have lost 25 pounds since the beginning of the year. I now weigh as much as I did in college. It was challenging the first week of my diet, but well worth the effort. Don't throw in the towel! Keep at it!
  • Eye_Of_The_Tiger
    Eye_Of_The_Tiger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am almost 40 and these are my results in 4.5 months. I have been very aggressive in my efforts. It hasn't been easy as it use to be in my twenties but I have been determined to get fit again and am happy with the progress so far. It is possible to get fit at any age, it just takes time with proper nutrition and exercise it can be done.
  • npetercmway
    Options
    I'm 46, soon to be 47 and started at the beginning of 2012. I lost 58 lbs last year (currently stuck on a LONG plateau). Every year we take a family Easter picture and when I compared this year's to last year's I was blown away by the difference. The way I look at it, even if it takes a long time for the weight to come back off, I am so much stronger and healthier than I was a year ago. I am hoping to reach my goal this year if I can get through this plateau but even if I only get halfway there this year and reach my goal next year, I will still be so much stronger and healthier than I was when I started at the beginning of 2012. Looking at it as a lifestyle change, my eating and exercise habits aren't going to change because I am stuck. It is like eating and exercising at maintenance right now, which even though I am frustrated, is ok. Hang in there and stay consistent. The change will happen and you will be a stronger and healthier you!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    I am 63 and feel so good now. A year ago I could only go down the stairs one step at a time (feet together) could not tie my shoelaces and was out of puff just walking along the flat. I thought that was it - age was getting the better of me. I started on my diet and fitness in June 2012 and to date have lost 39lbs. Every day I do an hour on gym machines.
    I am enjoying looking so much better in clothes, but mainly it is the fitness benefits that are amazing. I had lymphedema from breast cancer and that is so much better. My feet and ankles are transformed, I can now walk properly and do not need orthotics all the time. I can even walk a little in heels. My knees which were shot are now fine and I walk down the stairs like a 30 year old.
    One question - I would like to get my face more toned as losing weight has left my neck and cheeks slightly sagging. HAS ANYONE TRIED FACIAL EXERCISES? I have bought a book and am trying them out, but it's too early to tell. Has anyone had success with this? I'm a bit sceptical, but thought I would give it a go as I had nothing to lose.
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 62 and with MFP a couple of years ago I lost 34 lbs....but silly me I gained it back when I had some emotional/physical problems....so here I am again....I know this works...my best advice is LOG....when I quit logging and thought I could do it by myself is when I started gaining.....
    Eat less...Move more.....it works!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!