What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• BBinNC
    BBinNC Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    First of all, FANTASTIC job everyone!

My surprise was just a few days ago. I have a tattoo on my right upper arm. It used to be sort of the middle of my arm, but now that I'm losing weight, I've noticed that it's starting to wrap around arm and takes up more space.
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My husband was noticeably shocked at the weekend when he offered me a a seat on his knee as it was apparently a lot more comfortable for him that it used to be - although I have apparently developed a notably pert/albeit boney bum!!!
  • Anycleavers
    Anycleavers Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Another thing, I stopped taking my acid reflux medicine. I've had to take it for many years just to keep it under control. Now? I stopped cold turkey, and only have a very mild episode once every great while. Previously I couldn't go a day without it, it was unbearable.
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I offered to grab the extra weight I have lost in products from the kitchen to weigh the difference but he wasn't keen :laugh:
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Sex drive going through the roof.

Pity I'm single. Somebody would be a seriously happy man otherwise.
  • Anycleavers
    Anycleavers Posts: 38 Member
    Options

40 pounds is a lot of weight! If you don't think so, try carrying around 40 pounds worth of barbell weights 20 in each hand. You'll get an appreciation for just how far you've come.

That is a great way to look at it. I lost 68lbs on MFP and 30lbs before I found MFP. I couldn't imagine carrying almost a hundred pounds around for even 10 minutes. And to think, I was doing it everyday.
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    TMI WARNING!!!! The urinary incontinence that I experienced with sneezing or that one time I tried doing jumping jacks has magically disappeared. When I first experienced it, I just blamed it on the two pregnancies and considered I'd be stuck with this problem forever but after losing just 4# and walking 2-3 miles everyday, I can do jumping jacks again!

Amen, and jumping rope!!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I've always been energetic.. but I'm so full of energy now that people comment on it constantly, even when I'm not at the gym.
    I currently weigh more then I did in higschool, but am in a smaller pants size
    4 of the girls from highschool who used to tease me about my weight back then, deleted me off facebook after I posted my "the increditble shrinking woman" photo album.. lol
    I get constant attention from men now.. which is actually getting to be quite annoying.. lol
    My face is less red and blotchy
    I'm happier overall
    I can open my own jars
    I re-discovered food and realized how much I actually love it
    Hiking up the side of a mountain?? Hell yes!
    My bathing suit used to be too small..
    I can do the stairmaster on level 10 for 20 minutes Started at level 1 and was done after 2 minutes lol
    No more sugar crashes!
    Skinney jeans!!!
  • Shaylyn1986
    Shaylyn1986 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    People hitting on you all the time when you're still the same nerdy gamer just smaller. :D Good feeling though.
  • Sylwill
    Sylwill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I found it surprising that I lost a whole size in shoes!
  • tlynnest
    tlynnest Posts: 112
    Options
    I, at my heaviest was probably close to 190-195??- I have lost 30-35 pounds in the last year..have about 25 more to go (only 5'5") ....My 14yr old son (stands an inch taller and weighs 150) said to me as we spoke about stuff...."but you are TINY!" WHAT!!!!??? Lol!
  • bforeman23
    Options
    That I still feel like I am fat. I am down 33 pounds and am around 133 right now but when I look in the mirror I still see a fat girl. Obviously I know I am losing weight because none of my clothes fit but just can't get my brain to catch up.
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I fit on the back of my hubby's motorcycle sooo much better!! And my butt doesn't start to hurt after just 30 minutes on it! lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 5 lb on this site (newbie here) - but in the past 4 years I've lost around 60 lb. Some of the biggest surprises for me were the following:

When I sit in a chair with arms on it, I am now able to put my arms down next to my sides "inside" the arms of the chair, and my whole body actually fits "inside" the chair normally (even if my hips still touch the sides, I can see a big difference).

There are no longer restaurant booths I can't fit in. This used to be a stressor for me. I would always technically fit into the space but my fat would be wedged and/or my boobs would hang onto the table edge, making me uncomfortable. Now I have several inches between my body and the table in every restaurant I visit.

I can't drive my car with the seat pushed back the way I used to have it. I've got to pull it forward a bit. I used to think it needed to be so far back because I'm tall and have long legs (which is also true) but becoming smaller has made a difference in this.

Certain sex positions are much, much easier. It also helps that I have a new sexy boyfriend now. hehe
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I've heard this a lot. I have always been fat and still am, but I can imagine it would be hard even if I was technically no longer overweight/obese...I feel like I look almost the same after losing 60 lb as I did before, and when people who have not seen me in awhile compliment the loss I feel really shocked & surprised that they noticed.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Reading these responses has been a great inspiration to me this morning. Thank you everyone. I'll be back to read more another day.
  • beelanc
    beelanc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My seven year old can wrap his little man arms almost completely around me when he hugs me tight. The best reward/surprise thus far. :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Also.. I now talk about food constantly.. my mom commented on it on the phone the other day that we always end up talking about food. It's like i'm obessed. haha
  • Kevintron2
    Kevintron2 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My biggest surprise is how I am treated differently by other people. You don't realize how much you're discriminated until you lose the weight.
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    When I have cramps during TOM, the hot water bottle is way more effective without as much fat for the heat to have to get through :smile:
    Also I am finding that as I am losing weight, my house seems to be getting colder... :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!