Insanity

Options

Replies

• lizziegs
    lizziegs Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am in week three and it is definitely getting hard on my knees but I keep turning on that DVD every morning. I see results but was disheartened to see the scale up 2.5 pounds this morning. I know Easter was bad news bears for me but I didn't think it was THAT bad. I am hoping it is muscle building as well as some chocolate bunnies.

That all aside, I am scared of month two!!!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity before but then things came up and I stopped. :( Hoping to start it again today as I need to start working out more again and get my *kitten* moving! :)

Emily
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I have it but after watching JUST the fit test, I really am not sure I can do it. I can not even begin to imagine hopping down on the floor like they do. It takes all my effort to get down and back up off the floor when I have to get down there for something.

I feel so old and out of shape :(

Of course you can do it! Trust me- I don't hop up and down like they do but that's not the point. Doing Insanity is putting 100% of what YOU can do, not what they can do.

Shaun T is always telling you through the exercises to go at your own pace and take breaks when you need them. I would encourage you to at least try the fit test and first week. Take it at YOUR pace, do what you can and give it your best shot. If you can't do an exercise than don't do it: Shaun is also constantly saying that if you don't have the right form to stop what you're doing and come back to it when you can do it right.

It's a great workout- have faith in yourself that you can do it. Because you Can!
  • ashoona
    ashoona Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just completed Day 2 of Insanity and I'm feeling very positive! Even though I worked up a sweat, I don't think I pushed myself as hard as I could've done and this definitely won't be the case with Day 3! The fit test absolutely killed me though (zero push up jacks...) so I'm looking forward to getting back to that level and digging deeper in the days/months ahead! Good luck guys!
  • dahlia_65
    Options
    I did the fit test yesterday and completed Day 2 today as well.

I was also happy with the workout today - I think I can keep with this for the 4 weeks - the 2nd month is already scaring me though!

FYI - for the Fit Test, I couldn't do the pushup jacks either - I just did pushups from my knees.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I have it but after watching JUST the fit test, I really am not sure I can do it. I can not even begin to imagine hopping down on the floor like they do. It takes all my effort to get down and back up off the floor when I have to get down there for something.

I feel so old and out of shape :(

im 48. You can do it. you will evenutally work up to it. I can now do 4 full push ups. I'm in recovery week. At the beginning I could only do them on my knees. Age is just a number and we are all out of shape. Go for it
  • ChgingMe
    Options
    I am in week three and it is definitely getting hard on my knees but I keep turning on that DVD every morning. I see results but was disheartened to see the scale up 2.5 pounds this morning. I know Easter was bad news bears for me but I didn't think it was THAT bad. I am hoping it is muscle building as well as some chocolate bunnies.

STAY OFF THE SCALE. IT WILL LIE TO YOU!!
  • ugmf12
    ugmf12 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

STAY OFF THE SCALE. IT WILL LIE TO YOU!!

Truth!
  • ryans5050
    ryans5050 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did the fit test yesterday and completed Day 2 today as well.

I was also happy with the workout today - I think I can keep with this for the 4 weeks - the 2nd month is already scaring me though!

FYI - for the Fit Test, I couldn't do the pushup jacks either - I just did pushups from my knees.

I did the fit test yesterday too and couldn't do the pushup jacks fully. I did ONE before I just collapsed and then did pushups from my knees. The whole concept of down to the floor and back up again was killing me, like in the suicide jumps. ugh. I hate it but i'm loving it! and I know you all know just what I mean!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Started April 1st..just did day 2.. I could only do about half it of while I catched my breath here and there but I am a big girl so it is expected.
  • staubng
    staubng Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    im 4 days into month 2. Its amazing. fittest i've ever felt and still over 3 weeks to go :)

ITS TOUGH though.

I've heard month 1 is only there to get you ready for month 2... and that month 2 is where you'll see all the results. I'm excited to get there!

Month 2 is where I saw all my weight loss. Month 1 built up muscle for me since I had none lol. I loved it and I am starting it again next month!!

I hadn't realized that. Day three today, I'm sore, but I am really excited to strengthen this month and slim up next. :)
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    im 4 days into month 2. Its amazing. fittest i've ever felt and still over 3 weeks to go :)

ITS TOUGH though.

I've heard month 1 is only there to get you ready for month 2... and that month 2 is where you'll see all the results. I'm excited to get there!

Month 2 is where I saw all my weight loss. Month 1 built up muscle for me since I had none lol. I loved it and I am starting it again next month!!

I hadn't realized that. Day three today, I'm sore, but I am really excited to strengthen this month and slim up next. :)

I am finishing up P90X before doing Insanity so wonder what month one will do for me since I did alot of muscle work already :laugh:
  • dahlia_65
    Options
    Day 3 done for me as well. Was tough but the rest seemed to be more frequent during the most difficult sets - that was definitely welcome.
    So far, I like the workouts... hopefully they don't feel too repetitive as the weeks go on.
  • BoltzNBrew
    BoltzNBrew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started with Fit Test on Monday as well. I have had these videos for some time and have done one here and there but its time to run the full course. Plyo killed me yesterday and so sore today the simple thought of moving hurts. Can't wait for Cardio Power & Resistance tonight.
  • ChgingMe
    Options
    I started with Fit Test on Monday as well. I have had these videos for some time and have done one here and there but its time to run the full course. Plyo killed me yesterday and so sore today the simple thought of moving hurts. Can't wait for Cardio Power & Resistance tonight.
    Yep the first week is brutal. By the end of week 2 you will feel so empowered..
  • BoltzNBrew
    BoltzNBrew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day 3 in the books. After the warmups I felt like I was done but pushed through and did as much as I could. Gonna be real sore tomorrow.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I've got the pure cardio one today hoping I burn heaps because I'm planning to eat a big steak with mash and onion rings (birthday dinner). I've roughly worked out my calories today and I know I'm over.
  • slimmomma4
    slimmomma4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've got the pure cardio one today hoping I burn heaps because I'm planning to eat a big steak with mash and onion rings (birthday dinner). I've roughly worked out my calories today and I know I'm over.

It happens ... Just get back to the routine ASAP :)

Example: Yesterday I had a day eating... 3106 calories to be exact ...
    Anyway here is what I did..
    After being woken up at 2 am (curtesy of my 5 year old) 45 minutes later I found it impossible to fall asleep again - downstairs ... a round of insanity today is cardio power &resistance (this one I never feel is enough) and to finish off a round of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 week 2 - gosh I feel energised and ready for the day despite 4 hours sleep and have already put a batch of super healthy oat and seed breakfast rolls in the oven for the family, laundry in the machine etc..

Have a fab day and remember slip-ups is what make you human so don't beat yourself up just exercise it out of your system and have restraint for at least the rest of the week. :)
  • Janina1987
    Options
    I want to do the fit test on sunday and then start on monday. Anyone wanna join me? Feel free to add me!
  • dahlia_65
    Options
    Did Day 4 this morning. LOVED the Cardio Recovery. Was work but a nice rest from the gogogo.

Keep it up all!