djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I never get creepy messages. </3
    Jealous.

To the rescue!
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I always send a message and I now only accept FRs with messages.

I used to accept FRs without a message, but found that most that did this were not overly active and often just friend collectors. I try to keep my friend list manageable so I can ensure that I interact with my friends.
    [/quote

That's my view as well. I'm thinking of changing to accepting FR with message only.
  • michellewong699
    michellewong699 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I add even when there is no message included! Although, it is better if they sent one along with the friend request :P

But when I add, I tend to always have a message attached!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Jealous.

To the rescue!

The man for the job!! :laugh:
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Jealous.

To the rescue!
    -waits patiently-
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    I only accept FR with a message. Depending on what the message says I decides if I add or not.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I feel that people that post in their description that "I won't add you with out a message.. blah.. blah.. blah" to seem to high on themselves, instant turn off.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I will deny any without and it says so in my profile. I am not really high on myself -- I am just not real encouraging (which I also mention in my profile) and I really don't want to be friends with people who are constantly cheering me on or "encouraging" me if I go way over a day. I typically have found that no message fr tend to be people who are creepetser/collectors or people VERY new looking for more than I can give.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I agree with terrie. It always strikes me as a bit egotistical when someone says out on their profile page that they won't accept without a message. It is broadcasting how "popular" you are. Just don't accept if there is no message. That's fine. I think it is a little weird to friend somebody you don't know anything about. But, don't tell us about it.
    I always send a message. Seems only normal, natural and cordial. When I see somebody I want to friend, there is a reason.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I have rules to this for myself....

If there is a message included...most times I check their profile and make sure they are pretty much focused like me....

If they don't have anything...the same but most of those are privates so I automatically decline the request...

To each it's own...It is your page so you can make up any rules you want...Ego or not....If you take time out to read my message in my profile why not take the time out to say hello looking for support and to be supportive.....I take my journey seriously and want like-mind people...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I agree with terrie. It always strikes me as a bit egotistical when someone says out on their profile page that they won't accept without a message. It is broadcasting how "popular" you are. Just don't accept if there is no message. That's fine. I think it is a little weird to friend somebody you don't know anything about. But, don't tell us about it.
    I always send a message. Seems only normal, natural and cordial. When I see somebody I want to friend, there is a reason.

I am by no means popular on here. Like at all. I have a profile that is open to members --- I would make a terrible friend for some -- if they don't at least say "hi" to me, I will know they didn't read my profile and they are running the risk of being offended by my humor.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Jealous.

To the rescue!
    -waits patiently-

I sent you a message, but now you have a fr with a perverted message as well. You're welcome.
  • Fat_Jimi
    Fat_Jimi Posts: 81
    Options
    I always add a message, some times I get a reply and an add some times just a reply sometimes nothing
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I don't care really, I mean come on why are we so choosy, the more support the better. If they are annoying I will gracefully remove them. I am not getting married just friending someone on a fitness site.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I will accept all friend reuqests regardless of messages or not but if the person friends me and never says 2 words to me after a couple months I may delete them.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I dont give a *kitten*.....i think "sending a message" is overrated.

I accept everyone...
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Who am I kidding, I rarely ever accept them either. The FR has to be oozing awesome for me to accept.

This just wants to make me try and friend you to check my awesome levels...
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    A message matters not to me. Come one come all. I only delete if I catch someone being mean more than once.

I send one when I friend-request, though. I'm kind of chatty that way.
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i personally don't care. however, i have had a few gems, when people have added me without including a message, and when i go to their profile i see they require others to send messages. haha, as long as people practice what they preach then hey, do what you want
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I always send a message, and I accept either way.
    BUT THEN..
    Then I don't know if, when they send a message w/ request, if I should reply to their message with a message or write on their page or just accept.
    And then I overthink it.
    And then I panic about coming off as a jerk.
    tumblr_m59nznvaLj1qhmb0a.jpg
    Life is hard.

haha this is awesome