HELP - BREAKFAST SUCKS

Options

Replies

• mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Over in the recipe section someone posted a recipe using eggs, spinach, mushrooms and cheese and baking them in muffin tins. My husband makes these about once a week and stores them in the refrigerator so I can take them to work for breakfast. She posted them as 62 calories each but I came up without about 50. I like to add some salsa to them too.

Other days I have oats or yogurt with blueberries.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I make an egg white omelet with egg whites, I then add spinach, peppers, salsa and fat free cheddar cheese. It's become my favorite breakfast and healthy
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat breakfast at 6:00 in the morning so I always have a "portable" breakfast to eat at my desk...usually instant oatmel or hard boiled eggs and then an orange or something for midmorning...
  • jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    1/2 a liter of vodka and whatever food is stuck to the side of my face from the previous night.

^^^This^^^
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    Egg whites and a fruit salad?
  • Glowbee
    Glowbee Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This has been said a lot already but here's what I like:

-Irish Oats and a chobani greek yogurt (not mixed together)

-1 egg + 2 egg whites & Irish Oats (not mixed together) + 1 piece of laughing cow creamy swiss to make the eggs yummier

-Vans protein waffle + greek yogurt (dip the waffle in the yogurt and take a bite, yum!)

-Grapefruit + Irish Oats (not mixed together)

Good luck!
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1/2 a liter of vodka and whatever food is stuck to the side of my face from the previous night.

we should hang out!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    you can just skip it all together and have more cals at lunch and dinner....

breakfast is over rated anyway....
  • SEC_RULES
    SEC_RULES Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on breakfast either so I just have a couple of Kelleggs 90 calorie breakfast bars.
  • moonbaby12
    moonbaby12 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My fave = smoothie with almond milk, chia seeds, frozen fruit and a scoop of protein powder. Keeps me full without weighing me down! Friend me if you want to see my diary.

I also love plain oatmeal with berries or bananas and PB2 (a lower fat peanut butter powder you add water to it and make pb!):laugh:
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of Greek Gods yogurt with blueberries and 5 walnuts.
    Yum!

A slice of Ezekial Raisin Bread with a teaspoon of almond butter.

Breakfast is my favorite!
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing every moning, 1/2 cup plain oatmeal with teaspoon of cinammon and 1 packet of Stevia, then I cook 1 mushroom 1 cup of Spinach along with 5 eggwhites..39 grams of protein for breakfast...
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I take a container of oatmeal, a container of protein powder and a container of fruit to work. I go to the cafeteria, add hot water to my oats go back to my desk - wait about 10 minutes for the water to soak in then mix in the protein powder and fruit and eat. IT does the job until snack time which is usually Greek yogurt and more fruit with some granola.
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I eat my breakfast when I get to work, so I usually do some sort of frozen breakfast sandwich like the Jimmy Dean Delights, Special K ones, or 1 Pillsbury Toaster Scrambler and coffee. (always coffee)

On weekends, it usually cereal and fruit, or toast with peanut butter and some fresh fruit, or a big family breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, maybe pancakes or muffins, etc. It depends if Daddy is there or what our plans are for the day. My kids like oatmeal, but I don't, so sometimes they get that while I do something else.

When I was pregnant with my first, I had gestational diabetes and much more time for myself in the morning, so I made and ate breakfast at home. English muffin sandwiches made with 1 egg zapped in a coffee mug (spray with Pam & cook for about 45-55 seconds), slice of cheese, and canadian bacon or a turkey sausage patty. 1 slice of toast with peanut butter and some sausage. Yogurt and some microwaveable bacon or sausage. I had a very small allowed amount of carbs in the morning and it was really hard to get used to and figure out what worked for me and still filled me up.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I eat Total Cereal with 2 TBLS of ground flaxseed and skim milk. Not much, but I never was a breakfast eater, so I have to force myself anyway :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    are you limiting your cholesterol for a reason?

My typical breakfast is a hard boiled egg sprinkled with hot sauce and lime salt with a banana and 2Tbsp of peanut butter
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options

ALthough the vodka sounds perfect I have an option!
    (I hate breakfast too...)

I found this recipe:

Breakfast: Scrambled Grains with Mushrooms
    Rinse, trim, and slice 1 lb mushrooms.
    Put 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
    Add mushrooms and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
    Cook, stirring, until brown, 5 to 10 minutes.
    Add 2 cups cooked grains (like brown rice or quinoa) and 1 small minced fresh chile.
    Cook 3 to 5 minutes.Stir until set.
    Drizzle with 2 Tbsp soy sauce.
    Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped scallions.
    Serves 4.

Read more: http://www.prevention.com/food/healthy-eating-tips/healthy-easy-recipes-mark-bittman#ixzz2PVVXd8U2

Im making it today (for lunch and leftovers for breakfast tomorrow).

Sounds too yummy!
  • dameelly
    dameelly Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm still new where is the recipie section where others post recipies? I can only find my recipies.
  • fitnessmare
    fitnessmare Posts: 117
    Options
    I have an omelet with 3 eggs whites and one whole egg, sometimes I add a little ham or cheese. I also have a piece of fruit, usually an apple, banana, or orange, a piece of 12 grain bread with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, and a double mocha cappuccino. (The capp. is my treat in the morning. :D ). If my husband or I make some nice healthy muffins, I replace the toast with a muffin.

About 2 hours later I'm heading to work and eating a protein bar and another piece of fruit. Oh, and drinking lots of water.

I work at a horse barn so I have to have a lot of cals to get through the morning!
  • mariegoblue
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is 4 egg whites with a bit of mozz cheese and 3 pieces of center cut bacon.
    209 Calories and keeps me full till lunch. Nearing 60lbs lost here.