Things that make you lose respect for the human race....

Options

Replies

• sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    people being wicked to animals and children
    people that make others feel and look stupid
    people that turn a blind eye to to above because its easier
    crazy christians or any other religious extremist(I am a christian before any1 starts)
    pro lifers and the anti contraception people
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I am saddened each and every time I am out and about with my children at just how rude, intolerant, impatient and sometimes just plain mean many people are towards my kids.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My brother works as the "Target Cop" and was called outside because some guy was wailing on his wife in the parking lot. Bet her to a bloody pulp. He said he ran out to stop it and there were probably 30 customers standing around watching, not ONE of them tried to stop it.

That makes me lose faith in humanity.

that's disgusting and has happened to me before. Not a bloody pulp, but he was beating me and his friends just stood there and watched. Some people are repulsive.

I've been there also. Beat me until my head split open and my neighbors 10 feet away, and an another neighbor on the other side didn't even call for help despite my yelling for them to call 911. I had to walk 3 blocks to a family member's house since he smashed my phone. For an abused young girl, that added a whole other level of embarrassment to the situation.

I suppose that is why it disgusts me!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Many young people: don't know about birth control; think they're too young to get it; are afraid that their parents will find out if they try to get birth control; or are told by sex ed teachers that their chances of getting STD's or pregnant are the same with a condom as without, and therefore consider it useless.

I would also like to add: parents who think that allowing their children access to contraception and sex education is somehow going to turn them into serial sluts, who think that if they bury their head in the sand and talk to their children like sex is evil and doesn't exist then somehow they're just going to completely ignore all those irrepressible biological urges surging through them throughout their adolescence. They won't, they'll just do it anyway, because it's what they're programmed to do, and nothing you say or do is going to stop them, all it means is you're putting them at risk of catching something or getting pregnant.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Cops who see you with children in the pouring rain on a dark country road trying to change a flat tire and don't bother to stop or even ask if everything is ok.

ANYONE seeing you with children in the pouring rain ANYWHERE trying to change a flat tire and don't bother to stop or even ask if everything is ok.

After having this happen to me, if the person doesn't have help, I stop and offer to assist or make a call for them. I was terrified we were all gonna die because I was in a place where the shoulder was very narrow and there was no other place to pull off.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Oh, and I have to add that people who dump their pets in the countryside so "they can fend for themselves" can all go to h*** right now.
  • ashleydmassey
    ashleydmassey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    What annoys me about other people is when people are so consumed with other people rather than owning their own. It doesn't really bother me because seriously, I'm too busy beating myself up over what I've done wrong or could have done better. Haters are haters. Bullies are bullies. Bullying the bully and hating the hater doesn't make any of it right. Tolerance and acceptance that we are all who we were programmed to be really would make the world a better place. I don't see this thread conducive. Be the change you want and accept that not everyone else was built to comply with your guidelines for life. :wink:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You can juice my fat paycheck anytime.
    With love,
    Burt.

aahhhh, screw what I said earlier.... How are you, Burt? :wink:

:blushing:

Well I was good until I saw this thread descend irrevocably into a weird political quagmire.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I would also like to add: parents who think that allowing their children access to contraception and sex education is somehow going to turn them into serial sluts, who think that if they bury their head in the sand and talk to their children like sex is evil and doesn't exist then somehow they're just going to completely ignore all those irrepressible biological urges surging through them throughout their adolescence. They won't, they'll just do it anyway, because it's what they're programmed to do, and nothing you say or do is going to stop them, all it means is you're putting them at risk of catching something or getting pregnant.

http://faculty.virginia.edu/haidtlab/articles/manuscripts/graham.nosek.submitted.moral-stereotypes-of-libs-and-cons.pub601.pdf
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    People who take a poo and don't flush until they are done. So anyone who walks in gets a whiff of their horrible stench. Its called a courtesy flush. You are to do it at least once depending on your length of time.. You'd be surprised how many folks don't realize that a courtesy flush will eliminate the stench to a huge degree..
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Cruelty to animals is my top thing but really it's cruelty to anything more helpless than we are.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    You can juice my fat paycheck anytime.
    With love,
    Burt.

aahhhh, screw what I said earlier.... How are you, Burt? :wink:

:blushing:

Well I was good until I saw this thread descend irrevocably into a weird political quagmire.

You're so cute when you use big words. I bet you have a huge, throbbing brain......
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Cruelty to animals is my top thing but really it's cruelty to anything more helpless than we are.

I'm a huge fan of cruelty to things less helpless than we are. That's why I want to go bear hunting with a spear.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My brother works as the "Target Cop" and was called outside because some guy was wailing on his wife in the parking lot. Bet her to a bloody pulp. He said he ran out to stop it and there were probably 30 customers standing around watching, not ONE of them tried to stop it.

That makes me lose faith in humanity.

that's disgusting and has happened to me before. Not a bloody pulp, but he was beating me and his friends just stood there and watched. Some people are repulsive.

I've been there also. Beat me until my head split open and my neighbors 10 feet away, and an another neighbor on the other side didn't even call for help despite my yelling for them to call 911. I had to walk 3 blocks to a family member's house since he smashed my phone. For an abused young girl, that added a whole other level of embarrassment to the situation.

I suppose that is why it disgusts me!

I don't know if I am capable in restoring your respect for humanity, but I can tell you for sure that everyone in my family would call, and I would definitely get involved. I CAN'T stay out of it when things like that happen. Sad thing is, I'm short and chunky, who is not very strong or fit. I'd probably get my butt whupped if I got involved, and I'd still run straight in and try to break it up. I'm so sorry for what you've gone through...
  • FretheMJsmokingcannibal
    Options
    Human haters. Really, they're so hypocritical and narrow minded.
  • TattednPierced
    Options
    Turning your blinker on because you need in the opposite lane, and the *kitten* who is going 10 under the limit next to you decides they want to speed up so you can't get over. C*cksuckers.
  • JonnyR214
    JonnyR214 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Judgemental people
    Laziness
    Ignorance
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    80% of people :laugh:
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    When people abuse animals.
  • hello_c_cup
    hello_c_cup Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    women who think we are the same as men and should be treated as such, no I don't think they should be disrespectful to us but in my home my husband is the leader I love staying at home with my children and taking care of our home, I wouldn't have it any other way there are many things that I wouldn't want to have to do that women try to fight the men for

The fact that it's so commonplace for people to think of men as "leaders" and women as "followers" (or submissive domestic servants). UGH. Women fighting for total autonomy and political/social rights and responsibilities =/= women wanting to be "the same as men".

T.T
This discussion has been closed.