Tell me again why eating before bed won't make me fat?

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Keep this in mind...calories in verses what you have burned

Now if you don't like to actually diet...

Eat what you want between 12 noon and 6pm....do not go hungry but dont eat until you cannot breath either.
    However drink two cups of water before everything you eat

......water, tea, coffee no sugar drinks and water, wake up till 12 and 6pm till you go to sleep, Do not break these rules at all. Notice the weight will come off and stay off...

weigh yourself daily...

Now you be the judge...I think you will be really surprised

I can easily eat 4000 calories in a sitting without feeling like I can't breath.

image_zpsf8a5f8d6.jpg

(Nice first post btw, you waited for this topic?)
  • karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Eat what you want between 12 noon and 6pm....do not go hungry but dont eat until you cannot breath either.

......water, tea, coffee no sugar drinks and water, wake up till 12 and 6pm till you go to sleep, Do not break these rules at all. Notice the weight will come off and stay off...

weigh yourself daily...

And this works because...

And what happens if I'm thirsty between 12noon and 6pm? I would be an angry, angry person if I couldn't drink anything for 6 hours.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

weigh yourself daily...

As magerum said, I can easily eat way too many calories in a sitting without feeling like I can't breath.

theres-a-shark-in-my-hand-your-argument-is-invalid.jpg

ETA: I also don't see how that would be considered "not dieting" since it's annoying as hell to not eat when I feel like it.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Bob and Otto go on a diet. Both Bob and Otto are 5'8" and weigh 300 lbs they are coincidentally also both 30 years old, same measurements as well. They are both accountants and rarely leave their desks. They both have a TDDE of 3113 calories.

Bob will only eat at night. Otto will only eat in the morning before going to work. Bob eats 2600 calories before he goes to bed. Otto eats 3,000 calories shortly after getting up in the morning. Who will lose the most weight in 2 months?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Bob and Otto go on a diet. Both Bob and Otto are 5'8" and weigh 300 lbs they are coincidentally also both 30 years old, same measurements as well. They are both accountants and rarely leave their desks. They both have a TDDE of 3113 calories.

Bob will only eat at night. Otto will only eat in the morning before going to work. Bob eats 2600 calories before he goes to bed. Otto eats 3,000 calories shortly after getting up in the morning. Who will lose the most weight in 2 months?

Assuming they eat the same thing? Neither.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    calories in, calories out. Doesn't matter when you consume these calories as long as you burn them.

I think this answers the question.

... And they all lived happily ever after. The end.
  • vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    Bob could burn some calories in bed with his OH
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Given that digestion takes from 2, 4 to 8 hr. and that the ATP cycle conversion is substrate rate limited. Yep, eating late at night does not really matter.

Think of calories as being sum integrated over the day. The differences due to timing of meals, while real, are negligible unless you are dealing with extreme athletes.

However, if not eating late at night helps in restricting total calorie consumption then it makes sense.
  • HypnoticHaylee
    Options
    Ive lost about 120 pounds, with about 30 ish more to go. The entire weight loss journey ( about 1.5 yr) I have ate a big meal right before bed. I am super grumpy if I don't eat before bed lol. It has never negatively affected me.
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    yes it is don't eat after u go bed I have done that let me tell you I pay for it the next day I see 1 to 2 lbs weight gain no good

Well I highly doubt it's 2lb of fat. I ate dinner Kate last night and scales went up this morning. Am I worried? No
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    The problem with eating late at night is that when you lay down all the food settles in whatever direction you're laying down and then sinks into your body as fat!! So lay on your back and all that food is going to turn into a fat *kitten*....lay on your side and your late night meal with settle into fat hips....lay on your front and you'll get a bigger belly.

Eating during the day whilst you're moving around means the food never has a chance to settle and become fat; instead it swiches around and gets broken down into smaller and smaller pieces as you move around until they're too small to even become fat...and then your body expels them.

FACT.

:laugh: Even months later...:laugh: