HELP - BREAKFAST SUCKS

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    1/2 a liter of vodka and whatever food is stuck to the side of my face from the previous night.

Definitely this!!! Also....look up some protein pancake recipes! Yum!
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think for the last 4 years I have been eating eggs everyday for breakfast. Depending on how i feel or if I"ve gone to Costco i'll have more egg whites

Usually 3 eggs. If i'm super hungry, i'll do 2 eggs with 3 egg whites (thats where Costco come in). I get egg whites in the "milk carton" boxes. Super easy and if you don't eat them often enough you can freeze them.

Usually scrambled, sometimes with salsa and sometimes with salsa in a wrap. depending on if my day allows for my morning carbs :)
  • nicoleknapp754
    Options
    As far as I am concerned anything that I would eat for lunch or dinner is ok for breakfast too. In fact I think it is probably our most important meal of the day. Lately I have been having a shake made with protein powder and unsweetened coconut milk , a tsp of bakers cocoa and flax seed with some nuts on the side to satisfy my need to chew something.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day! I usually eat overnight oatmeal or a smoothie or cereal. All easy and fast.
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I try to alternate things bc I get so tired of the same things all the time.

Some of my favorites are the jimmie dean delights or the special k flatbreads- found in the frozen section of the grocery store - they have less fat, calories, and filled with protein...and a few different varieties to choose from. Another one that seems to keep me full is 2 hard boiled eggs - only the egg whites and turkey sausage - and easy to prepare. I'm all about convenience!
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Oh and yes to the protein pancakes - yum. But only on weekends when I have more time to make breakfast.
  • JohnnyCashMoney
    Options
    Egg Beater fritata with onions, spinach, mushrooms, and turkey sausage is fabboo. Make it on the weekend, eat all week.
  • ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I try not to have the same thing every day, have got quite into the little porridge sachets lately, there are sooo many flavours. Also museli or poached egg on a warbertond thin.
    Sometimes a bananna and some yoghurt.
    A year ago I had never tasted museli or porridge believing I would hate them.
    Can't remember why I tried them but glad I did, better than eating kiddies type cereal.
  • ERC53
    ERC53 Posts: 3
    Options
    I alternate between 2 eggs scramble, 2 bacon strips, 1 slice of toast~and than oatmeal with a fruit on the side
    If I get bored with that I will treat myself to a bowl of Cheerios and banana (1/2) and of course 2 cups of coffee

I stop eating carb's after lunch, so this is working for me at this point

Good luck
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    1/2 a liter of vodka and whatever food is stuck to the side of my face from the previous night.

:drinker:
  • DBubbs
    DBubbs Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, a tbsp or 2 of PB2 (or a spoonful of pb), chocolate chips, and a splash of almond milk.
    This is my new favorite, but I usually save it for the weekends, as most days I have eggs for breakfast.
  • Uhhhlexxxis
    Uhhhlexxxis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    2 eggs fried in coconut oil, 1/4 of an avocado cooked in the egg and a few sun dried tomatoes sprinkled on top. Sometimes I add a little ricotta or cottage cheese. It's about 300-400 calories and high in fats, but they are good fats and I actually feel full until lunch, when I can eat a satisfying salad. Overall I try to not worry about breakfast calories too much in the day because if I fuel myself right in the morning, I'm not snacking or over eating later in the day.
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Another one of my faves:

Frozen waffle (toasted)
    Peanut butter
    1/2 sliced banana on top
    Glass of skim milk

YUM!!!!
  • fitnessmare
    fitnessmare Posts: 117
    Options
    Please explain to me why "breakfast is the most important meal of the day?"

It's important not to faint at work from hunger! :laugh:

This would totally be me! If I don't eat breakfast I can't do my job. Here again, I work in a horse barn and need lots of energy. I've tried having a light breakfast but found I can't work properly. I feel all fainty and weak.

But everyone is different. I have to eat 5 or 6 meals a day just to get my protein requirements in. I plan on keeping my muscles. :wink: So if you like breakfast, eat it. Lots of great ideas here! If you don't like it, skip it. Sounds simple to me. :happy:
  • matthewcorb
    Options
    If you really hate breakfast so much, try waking up earlier. That way your body starts working early and next thing you know you're hungry for something.