Chobani or Oikos ?

Options
Which and why ?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Chobani plain or with fruit at the bottom

I love the taste, it's not overly sweet and so far I haven't found any added sugar listed in the ingredient list.

Oikos on the other hand, I had one the other day with fruit and discovered that sugar was listed 2x on the ingredient list. It was also extremely sweet.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Either one..I like them both. Oikos is more "dessert-y"...its sweeter, but both are good.
  • sorryfrench
    sorryfrench Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Neither for me!
    I feel like I'm the only one in the world who doesn't like Greek yogurt. Tastes like sour cream to me, even the flavored ones!
    :(
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Oikos, but I'm cheap so I buy whichever one has a Bj's coupon that month.

Chobani is more natural, but very yogurty-tangy. I don't mind it too much, but I wish it was a bit less tart. Oikos has more sugar, but the taste is better and I find it creamier as well.
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I like plain Greek yogurt. Both Chobani & Fage (the ones i've tried) have been good. Oikos sounds familiar and so have probably tried it too -- and do not recall a bad experience.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Neither for me!
    I feel like I'm the only one in the world who doesn't like Greek yogurt. Tastes like sour cream to me, even the flavored ones!

I love using plain greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream. :love:
  • sorryfrench
    sorryfrench Posts: 163 Member
    Options

I love using plain greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream. :love:

Well, substituting I don't mind so much, haha. But I don't like it straight up.

I love my Yoplait Boston Creme yogurt too much lol.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    fage
  • DBubbs
    DBubbs Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oikos is on the sweet side and Chobani is on the sour side. I like them both, but I prefer the sweetness of Oikos.
  • LAURAWAGNER1
    LAURAWAGNER1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like both actually. But I currently am on a Oikos kick, with the key lime, and vanilla toasted coconut. Although, I know they have more calories due to the sugar, but it's better then any dessert temptation.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :heart:

Fage plain nonfat or yoplait 100 cal-don't like to waste my cals on yogurt over 100 cals....I go for more protein less sugar:bigsmile:
  • Pikabuu
    Pikabuu Posts: 4
    Options
    Either one means a shot but I usually choose the Light and Fit pineapple. Yummers⊂((・▽・))⊃
  • prettynotpretty
    Options
    Oikos for sure! Chobani tastes sour and...weird.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I am not fond of plain yogurt, either regular or greek. I am also not fond of the overly sweet regular yogurts with fruit. So... I get a quart of "light" regular vanilla and a quart of plain Fage 0 greek yogurt and mix them together. Then I can add fresh fruit, slivered almonds or a bit of granola to liven it up.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Fage...
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Oikos, I try to limit foods that have processed sugar. :)
  • sghcab051411
    sghcab051411 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oikos.. I have tried both and Oikos taste way better to me. Love their vanilla with some granola, and their blueberry is really good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just eat it plain. Too much sugar with any other variety. I'll have to try Oikos if it comes in plain though... but I think they're pretty similar!
  • artistryrose
    artistryrose Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Neither for me!

If you get the fage 2% with strawberry an mix it all up, it sooooo good!!! Does not taste like sour cream what so ever!!!

I don't like anything but Greek yogurt now. Regular yogurt makes me feel like I'm going to gag... I think it's the goopy texture! Lol
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Chobani Pineapple or Apples and Cinnamon.

I can't stand Oikos texture. Way too chalky!!

We also use the Chobani plain in place of sour cream. SO yummy!