Insanity

Options

Replies

1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    i started it.... not impressed.. warm up is great stretchng lovely but the actual work out too short.. have to top it up with a round of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 just to feel good.
    btw I am not a gym rat I have a body fat % of 30..!! yes 30% I need to turn fat to muscle

Well, you can't turn fat into muscle.... unfortunately.

you can.... that is why we work out... :-)

Muscle cannot be made from FAT. You must BURN the fat and BUILD the muscle. I hope you aren't serious.....
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Just finished month 1 today, headed into my recovery week with Cardio, Core and Balance vids.
  • slimmomma4
    slimmomma4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i started it.... not impressed.. warm up is great stretchng lovely but the actual work out too short.. have to top it up with a round of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 just to feel good.
    btw I am not a gym rat I have a body fat % of 30..!! yes 30% I need to turn fat to muscle

Well, you can't turn fat into muscle.... unfortunately.

you can.... that is why we work out... :-)

Muscle cannot be made from FAT. You must BURN the fat and BUILD the muscle. I hope you aren't serious.....

Splitting hairs here, are we?... You are just nit picking.. Mentally it is the same thing
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I will get my DVDs on Saturday and plan to start next Monday 4/8. Would love any Insanity friends to keep me motivated.
  • Chrissysftns
    Chrissysftns Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i started Monday!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Just finished month 1 today, headed into my recovery week with Cardio, Core and Balance vids.

Im on day 4 of my recovery week. Month 2 scares the bajeezies out of me
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    day number 4 ... week 3... OUCHHHHHHHHHHH!
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options

Im on day 4 of my recovery week. Month 2 scares the bajeezies out of me

I started month 2 on Monday. remember how sore you were the first week of month 1? Be prepared to feel that way again!
  • Abbygirl43
    Options
    Recovery week for me! Month 1 was tough but I'm super ready to start month 2!!

Yep me too. start recovery week tonight after work..

Me too!! Did you see any results from Month 1? I had small changes but not that much on the scale :/

Girl.. OMG yes I saw results. I can't explain it and had I not been on MFP i would have been suicidal..LOL. I lost and gained the same 5 pounds the entire first month. NO weight loss. But I lost inches. My daughter told me I looked skinny. I can now wrap the bath towel completley around me (which is huge to me) no gap. I couldn't care less about the scale at this point. I am starting to see tiny definition in my abs. My shoulders are starting to form.. I am psyched. I did not follow the diet at all and ate whatever I wanted within my calories.

After this week I'm going to start to eat better according to the diet Shaun T has in the book. I can't believe the changes in such a short amount of time. I'm 48 years old so for me to change my body is crazy nuts for me. I am very happy with the program.

I'll admit I didn't follow the nutrition and did eat whatever I want but I didn't splurge on ice cream and donuts half as much as I thought about it. :/ I have before and after pictures from month one and I can see the slimming and toning happening but its not that drastic. Since today is the start of recovery, I decided to hit the gym for some additional cardio and leg workout...that idea might burn me later but oh well... I'm really curious to know if I'll see the results I hope to see by the end of month two... fingers crossed!!

I lift weights in the morning and was hoping to start Insanity next week in the afternoons. I was planning to substitute those for the typical cardio workouts (treatmill, etc.). Has anyone tried this? If so, how does it effect your weight training?
  • abhayab4
    abhayab4 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi.. I have started insanity and completed my Day 4.

I am 33 yrs and 193 lbs. I want to lose 15 lbs. I play tennis every day. How much calories do I eat everyday to lose weight?

Currently I am eating around 1700 calories everyday. Should I increase the calories intake?
  • cheerbabe080790
    cheerbabe080790 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @abhayab4...no. If you want to lose weight leave your calories where they are or even go down to 1500. You need to create a calorie deficit to lose weight, and Insanity actually doesn't burn as many calories as many people think! Its the after burn where all the results are. I can say this with complete confidence because i went from 208 pounds to 174 doing turbo fire (beachbody programsimilar to insanity) and I ate 1200-1500 calories that whole time.
  • cheerbabe080790
    cheerbabe080790 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    Im doing insanity as well. I just finished day 3. Cardio power and resistance is no joke :)
  • flywithabowtie
    flywithabowtie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am currently in the middle of week 4. We start recovery week next week. I had some issues with my knees with all the jumping involved, but I just did something less taxing on my legs till the next exercise. Did anyone add a weight regimen to the Insanity workout?
  • BoltzNBrew
    BoltzNBrew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Insanity Log: Day 5 Pure Cardio
    That s*** was bananas.
  • briski_2005
    Options
    my husband & i started on st. patricks day. we have seen great results already. next week= recovery week, for us! im already feeling healthier and thats good enough for me on its own. if you are just starting DONT GIVE UP- it does get easier! :))
  • briski_2005
    Options
    I agree! thats probably still one of the exercises where i feel like death afterwords! Keep going, you'll feel great in the end! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I have started insanity and completed my Day 4.

I am 33 yrs and 193 lbs. I want to lose 15 lbs. I play tennis every day. How much calories do I eat everyday to lose weight?

Currently I am eating around 1700 calories everyday. Should I increase the calories intake?

NET 1700 should be fine (so eat your exercise calories back)
  • dahlia_65
    Options
    That s*** was bananas.

Holy F---.

I seriously almost cried.

I felt so good after the recovery yesterday and I killed the warm-up today - I was thinking "Hey! I'm getting this under control I am going to own this!" Then the real work kicked in.

But it was awesome.

I am worried looking ahead to the 2 Pure Cardio days next week though. For the next 2 months I will just live in fear of what is to come :)
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    Check your local Craig's List.
    I want to start. But my trouble is getting any consistency (through no fault of my own). Is this something that is only available online, or do they sell it in stores as well?
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    OMG! Hilarious - ROTFL!

That s*** was bananas.

Holy F---.

I seriously almost cried.

I felt so good after the recovery yesterday and I killed the warm-up today - I was thinking "Hey! I'm getting this under control I am going to own this!" Then the real work kicked in.

But it was awesome.

I am worried looking ahead to the 2 Pure Cardio days next week though. For the next 2 months I will just live in fear of what is to come :)