Whats in your smoothie?

Options

Replies

• ashleyngill
    Options
    Thanks for the posts. I will have to try some of these out. So far, my smoothies have not turned out so well.
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I go to work at 3 am so its quick is the name of the game :D Every morning, I make my smoothie with half a large cucumber, 1 medium apple, hemp protein powder, the zest and juice of one lemon, a bit of raw honey and coconut water. Blast in my Nutri Bullet until smooth and enjoy :D Its light yet holds me over until my "lunch" break at 730 or 8 am. My friend says its good, too, with 1/2 banana, but I'm allergic and am unable to try it so I can't vouch for that ;)
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty boring. 1 mango, 4oz cup of fat free greek yogurt, 4oz of 2% milk, a handful of ice.
  • JasmineOravec
    JasmineOravec Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just started breakfast smoothies, too, and am having the same exact drink... loving it. :)
  • starryfruit
    Options
    Made this one this morning....it was enormous & delicious. Drank it at 7am and wasn't hungry till about 2pm when I had lunch.

1/2 large banana
    1/4 cup steel cut oats
    1.5 tbsp smooth peanut butter
    1 tbsp splenda ( guess you could substitute honey/ molasses instead)
    1/2 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup water
    6 ice cubes

Do you cook your steel cut oats before blending it? Because I sometimes put in some regular oatmeal, but I cook it first.

I don't use whey powders in my smoothies, I either use silk tofu OR pasteurized egg whites (from a carton).

Yes I cook the oats before blending, more creamier that way :)
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Savory Smoothie
    diced tomatoes, Italian style canned
    diced onion
    zucchini
    chick peas, canned
    chicken stock
  • AliaDeVos
    AliaDeVos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mine are similar to the others posted, except I don't use any powders and do include tofu. The soft tofu I use gives the smoothie a really creamy texture and adds 20cal and 3g protein per ounce (I use perhaps 4 oz in a large smoothie). Add banana, pineapple, berries, Greek yoghurt, and ice to fill.

I like the tofu idea. I had just found a smoothie recipe with tofu. Sounds so good.

Serves 2
    Ingredients
    1cup vanilla soymilk
    1 cup firm light tofu (about 6 oz)
    3/4 cup fresh blueberries (or 1/2 cup frozen, unsweetened)
    2 scoops soy-protein powder (1 scoop is about 3 tbsp)
    1teaspoonalmond extract

207 calories per serving, 3 g fat, 24 g protein
    http://www.self.com/fooddiet/recipes/2004/09/super-energy-smoothie?mbid=synd_fitsugar

My favourite so far is almond milk, 1 mini cucumber, 1/2 cup kale/spinach, 1 packet stevia, ginger to taste, apple/mango/peach/carrot if I have them. Delish. The kale/spinach is a must. Blend until frothy. Kale should be liquified. Great substitute for my usual a.m. caffeine kick.
  • McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    why coconut oil? flavor? texture?
  • kim2walker
    kim2walker Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    all sound fantastic.. thanks for sharing
  • Mhhenderson
    Mhhenderson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • orkyokomjs_mom
    Options
    bump
  • cdegrasse111237
    Options
    this morning:
    1 1/2 C spinach
    1 Kiwi (peeled)
    1 orange
    1/2 mango
    1/2 C fresh pineapple
    2 Tbls flax seed oil
    10 almonds
    5 drops vitamin D
    1/2 C water
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    1 cup milk of choice
    1 cup frozen unsweetened cherries
    1-2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
    1 packet of stevia

It's like a chocolate covered cherry in liquidy form.
  • crystal2point0
    crystal2point0 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of kale and spinach in these smoothies and now I really want to try this. So to offset the taste of the greens, I just need a sweet fruit (like pineapple) or flavored protein powder, I guess?

The banana is what does it for me. The berries help but if my banana isnt ripe enough I can definitely tell the difference and can taste the "green" more
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    my experimental pumpkin smoothie was a let down today...spent all night thinking about what i was going to put in it and couldnt wait to finish my night shift and get to work making it!
    tinned pumpkin, greek fat free coconut/vanilla yoghurt, pb2 powder, some oats,cinnamon, maple syrup, pecan nuts, ice and splash of coconut milk.....it wasnt horrible... but lacking sweetness i think.....am allergic to bananas otherwise i would have added that to it...bit of tweaking i think (since i have 8 tins of pumpkin puree in the cupboard lol!)...maybe i just added too much pumpkin to it (half small tin!) :)
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp. flax seed meal
    1 c. baby spinach
    1/2 a banana
    3 strawberries
    1/4 c. pineapple
    1/2 c. blueberries
    1/2 c. pure carrot juice
    1/4 c. acai juice
    1/2 c. skim milk
    1/4 c. fat free greek yogurt

I love this recipe. It has tons of vitamins, fiber, calcium, protein and it tastes great.
  • bestmeicanbe84
    bestmeicanbe84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sjwright66
    Options
    1. orange juice
    2. frozen blueberries
    3. banana
    4. any fresh fruit I can get my hands on (but usually it's an apple)
    5. lite yogurt

However, next time I make my smoothie, I will add some of my protein powder. :)
  • gp72dpr
    gp72dpr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dannon Light and fit non fat vanilla yogurt, 6 oz
    2 cups Market Pantry's Triple Berry Fuit Blend (frozen blueberries, blackberries & red raspberries)
    1 medium bananna
    1/2 cup of orange juice

about 400 calories