my body isnt what it used to be! and i'm only 24!!!!

Options

Replies

• ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Ice works just as well. I've had puffy eyes for a long time and I'm only 24. Mine stems from many many years of allergy and sinus issues. It got worse with weight gain. Drink plenty of water and you'll notice a difference. I've used both of those products and although they worked, ice is free.

I barely have enough time to take a poop in the morning, let alone ice my eyelids.

Thats unfortunate. You should try to make more time to poop.
  • I don't even know what to say to this. :huh:

I'm 35 and have two kids and sometimes I still feel like a teenager.

i didnt say i dont feel young...i just said i was starting to notice i'm getting older. i still get carded when i buy cigiaretts for my hubby and i've been legal to buy them for 6 years.

i just think its funny when it hits you how mature you though you were when you were 15 and then you realize that with age and maturity come these funny things where you're going about your day and the BAM! something makes you realize you're getting older and you laugh about it :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I have said this a MILLION times! I am 24, but I have two kids and I say to myself this is not what a 24 year old body looks like...I guess that's the problem though, thinking there is a way things are "supposed" to look or be...gonna just keep moving forward and hope I can reach my goals (:
    You can do it.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Ice works just as well. I've had puffy eyes for a long time and I'm only 24. Mine stems from many many years of allergy and sinus issues. It got worse with weight gain. Drink plenty of water and you'll notice a difference. I've used both of those products and although they worked, ice is free.

I barely have enough time to take a poop in the morning, let alone ice my eyelids.

Thats unfortunate. You should try to make more time to poop.

Or buy depends...

Are you suggesting I poop in my pants to save time?
  • Or buy depends...

every time someone says this i think in my head: guy one - "boxers or briefs?" guy two - "depends" :laugh: and here i sit at my desk laughing and no one has a clue why
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and I've started to get gray hairs. *sigh* I'm a little more OCD about the sun now (when I get any shade of tan, my skin looks blotchy now). Otherwise, no change in body *knock on wood*.
  • iBreatheMusic88
    Options
    Im 24 and it seems like it all went down hill after 21.... 24 is like 50 in gay years :-( lmao
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and just found my first grey hair... down below...

They don't advertise it as such... but do you think just for men would work?
  • crabbyab90
    crabbyab90 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 22...I was recently at the Dr's office for my knee pain, and he goes "I don't know why your knee is so bad...you're only 33" I about cried. So not only does the Dr think I'm 33, but I also have severe osteoarthritis in my knee. All this on top of the gray hairs, the sagging is starting...getting old sucks. But hey...at least I can talk to my grandma about advice on how to feel better :noway:
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    I noticed I was getting older when the same amount of alcohol started giving me a 2-day hangover instead of just the next morning. :drinker:

Also with this little short person started following me around and calling me "mama." WTF is that all about? :huh:

^^ This... haha.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    hey all! so i was just wondering when you started realizing you were not as young as you used to be. i'm only 24 and i have been noticing this since i turned 23. the first thing i noticed were my eyes...how i have to be careful not to tug on them to put my eyeliner on becuase they're looser than they used to be.

aside from that i also noticed my body and the way i carry my weight now. i've always had an hourglass figure, and i still do as long as whatever i'm wearing is loose in the tummy area to hide that but show off my waist. but i've noticed my shape isnt as defined as it used to be. last night i was looking in the mirror and realized that, while my waist is still there, it is NOT as small as it used to be, even when i was the same weight.

I've come to the conclusion that unless i keep staying dedicated to working out and eating properly, my hourglass will turn into a pear and i dont want to be shaped like that! no offense to anyone who has a pear shape, but given that ive had 24 years of being an hourglass, a pear shape is not something i'm used to dressing for or confident with.

what's your stories about when you realized you were getting older and what made you start noticing it?

Your Eyes are looser? I think you should get that checked out... no seriously... I am 30 my eyes are still firmly planted in my head.

I have yet to notice that I am getting older, I still feel like I am in my early 20's lol
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ha! I was just thinking this very thing last night when I was getting busy with the husband - my right knee was hurting. Arthritis? I'm physically fit but that doesn't mean I'll stay young forever.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I just turned 24, and I've found that with weight training my body is in the best shape it's ever been in.

My skin however is a different story...it's always ashy and itchy, so I have to hydrate like crazy nowadays. I found a major culprit to be all of the chemicals found in beauty supplies. Check out www.ewg.org to see if your every day beauty products could be the issue for your skin. I'm basically moisturizing with pure almond oil and homemade lotions/soaps/shampoos etc now.
  • Im 24 and it seems like it all went down hill after 21.... 24 is like 50 in gay years :-( lmao

:laugh: oh my gosh!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Take some good advice from someone over twice your age.
    Don't start sweating getting older so damn soon. It's that whole, "life is a marathon thing." You start seeing aging already and you'll drive yourself bat**** crazy before you have any actual claim to "old."

BTW, this gym shirt is older than you, and it still sweats it out with me once a week.

27739717_7216.jpg
  • Ha! I was just thinking this very thing last night when I was getting busy with the husband - my right knee was hurting. Arthritis? I'm physically fit but that doesn't mean I'll stay young forever.

my hubby is a few years older than me and i always call him old when he gets a cramp in the middle of that lol
  • I just turned 24, and I've found that with weight training my body is in the best shape it's ever been in.

My skin however is a different story...it's always ashy and itchy, so I have to hydrate like crazy nowadays. I found a major culprit to be all of the chemicals found in beauty supplies. Check out www.ewg.org to see if your every day beauty products could be the issue for your skin. I'm basically moisturizing with pure almond oil and homemade lotions/soaps/shampoos etc now.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-8352/5-simple-beauty-products-you-can-make-from-coconut-oil.html <
    this article has some really cool stuff you can make at home :)
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I am 53!! I look older but... feel the best I have in years!! I exercise, eat right and don't drink too much anymore!!! Love it!!
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    the first thing i noticed were my eyes...how i have to be careful not to tug on them to put my eyeliner on becuase they're looser than they used to be.

I think you should see a doctor.

Having loose eyes is NOT a sign of aging.

Your face stops producing collegan in your early to late 20's... so it's never going to be as firm as it was again.... LOL Welcome to the flip side

sorry! i ment my eyelids lol i think of my moms eyes and how she always talks about eye lifts and i know that's where i get that problem from. and they say that tugging on them will age them even more!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    All I can suggest is clean eating, moisturizing daily with coconut or olive oil, and losing weight.

I'm 23 and feel younger than I did at 18-21. For me it's all to do with my diet and lifestyle.

I do notice my body changing, but I try to see it in a good way. I carry my weight in a more feminine way (wider hips/etc.) and see the small lines on my face as battle scars from living a honest and hard-working life so far.

Try not to focus on the bad, work on making yourself the best you can be. No use in worrying about aging.