my body isnt what it used to be! and i'm only 24!!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I turned 33 last week and I far from feel it. In fact many coworkers thought I was much younger and it was appreciated and made me feel great. However, what made me feel "old" was when my OBGYN said its time to start considering mammograms due to family history and my age. Yep, that hurt a little. Other than that I don't feel old. Don't drink, don't smoke, no kids and I'm active and eat well!
  • Gusman14
    Gusman14 Posts: 94
    Options
    Thoughts on aging -

when I was 24, I thought 54 was ancient. Now at 54, I can look in the mirror, acknowledge that I've aged, and shrug it off. Honestly...I never thought I'd still feel this young and be able to work out at the level I do! Age is a state of mind!

Thoughts on anti-aging -

workout!
    eat healthy food
    drink water water water
    USE SUNSCREEN EVERYDAY - RAIN OR SHINE, WINTER OR SUMMER
    don't smoke
    don't abuse alcohol :wink:
    manage stress - avoid being a drama mama train wreck!
    never miss the opportunity to have dessert
    don't wallow in negativity
    and......lastly WORKOUT. Oh did I say that already. Well it's really frigging important!!! You rest, you rust!

^^^^^ WHAT SHE SAID^^^^
  • The skin thing I understand but the change in your body shape isn't from aging it's from diet/activity issues.

weight redistributes as you get older. before, my weight was in my hips more and i was shaped like an hourglass. now my weight carries in my waist more and i have to work harder to keep my hourglass shape. i eat very well and am extremely active
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

you should get started on your AARP application now. lots of benefits.

http://www.aarp.org/

also, check out these deals for the early bird and 2-for-1 dinner specials in your area.

http://www.entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml

funny thing! i have a medical condition that prevents me from being able to eat a lot because of my digestion, and beause of that i am allowed to order off the seniors menu to get less expensive meals. i have a card and everything :laugh:

it seems to me that you're already embracing your old age. :drinker:

:bigsmile:

• you should get started on your AARP application now. lots of benefits.

http://www.aarp.org/

also, check out these deals for the early bird and 2-for-1 dinner specials in your area.

http://www.entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml

funny thing! i have a medical condition that prevents me from being able to eat a lot because of my digestion, and beause of that i am allowed to order off the seniors menu to get less expensive meals. i have a card and everything :laugh:

it seems to me that you're already embracing your old age. :drinker:

:bigsmile:

i tend to try to make the best of life :drinker:
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    If you're not outside for a long time... why?

It would take 1/2 bottle to cover my entire body with all this hair :grumble: and I'd be sticky and smelly all day.
  • nmskibunny
    Options
    WHAT??!!! I'm 54 and haven't noticed a thing... same as I was at 24!!!:laugh:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    If you think your body feels aged when you're 24, wait to see what you feel like when you're 34.

oAjhlHi.gif

or 44!!!!! :noway:
  • tigerlily886
    tigerlily886 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I could eat anything and not gain any weight. Now I am gaining weight and I am 24 as well. I am glad I am watching my weight now instead of waiting.

A night out drinking at a club is not very appealing to me. I would rather have a few drinks at home and watch a movie. I feel so old, but it is cheaper to drink at home.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I looked so young all through my twenties. When I hit 30 it was over! People used to age me 10 years younger, now, they are spot on. LOL Seriously.. good skin care whether you think you need it or not, spend the money on a good wash and moisturizer, use sunscreen, and listen to your grandma! lol
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    When your oldest son turns 27 - that did it for me!
  • supercatie18
    supercatie18 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I noticed I was getting older when the same amount of alcohol started giving me a 2-day hangover instead of just the next morning. :drinker:

Also with this little short person started following me around and calling me "mama." WTF is that all about? :huh:

hahaha that's hysterical...I'm 25 and my BF is 29, he gets sooo hungover and I'm always fine, he's just waiting until it starts happening to me
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    If you're not outside for a long time... why?

It would take 1/2 bottle to cover my entire body with all this hair :grumble: and I'd be sticky and smelly all day.

Clarification - I put it on my face and hands everyday.....not entire body.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to feel old???
    Maybe I'll give my grandkids another ride in my next 5k.... They're already bugging me to take them with me. Nothing like running a 5K with a 6 year old up on your shoulders. : )
  • xojessieannexo
    xojessieannexo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
  • djozwiak1
    djozwiak1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I look better now than I did when I was 24! I'm 39 now :) Don't fret over it. Keep eating healthy, working out regularly and you will be fine.
  • xojessieannexo
    xojessieannexo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what to say to this. :huh:

I'm 35 and have two kids and sometimes I still feel like a teenager.

Well then don't say anything.....! We're glad you feel good at your age.. :happy:
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I noticed my eyes were changed by the time I was 19. not that I mind, I think they look better now. I've always had kinda heavy upper lids and sort of 'asian' looking eyes, but the lower lids changed :3 I like it.

at 20 I noticed my metabolism changed.. I started gaining weight even though I didn't change my eating habits. >.> I see a lot of girls gaining at this age..

now at 26 I notice my boobs have finally started to sag a little (I've been waiting for it actually) x)
    other changes, my hair type.. from normal soft hair to this sort of coarse, 'glassy' hair (like gray hair is sometimes). I've developed freckles on my face.. eyesight got poorer and I got glasses now..

all in all I don't mind the changes :3 I think I look fine. except I don't like the glasses.
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 (24 in September) and the only thing I've noticed so far is that I can't pull all-nighters and not feel the effects the way I used to... Also, my distance vision is not as good as it used to be. Pretty sure I will need glasses eventually, but it runs in the family, so it's not exactly unexpected.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I got my first gray hair at 20 :sad: