Dr Oz 3 Day Detox

Options
Has anybody tried the Dr Oz 3 Day Detox? I want to try it to clean my system out and help jumpstart the dieting I am trying to do.

Or do you know any other detoxs? Dr Oz's looks like yummy food and you HAVE to take a nice long epsom bath each night... Here is a link to the sheet.

Reviews and suggestions appreciated!

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If Dr. Oz had the answers, he wouldn't be peddling a new miracle every week. Cleanses are unnecessary. Your body is designed to remove waste on it's own.

Start eating better and start today. Your body will be happier and you will be building new habits to take into the future.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Gimmick.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    don't do it. dr. oz is a hack. the pure definition of quackery
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    You do not need to cleanse or detox by drinking blended up fruits or vegetables.
    Dr. Oz can be very entertaining but I would suggest not using him as a source of information on diet and/or weight loss.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz figures being a surgeon wasn't enough money for him so he hawks stuff like detoxing. Just eat right and your body will cleanse itself. :)
  • sd0104
    sd0104 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A co-worker of mine tried the detox. She said the shakes were thick and hard to choke down. One of the "lunch/dinner" shakes was green and she said it had a horrible taste. Her detox lasted 1.5 days - by the end of day 2 she needed a real meal.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You don't need to jumpstart anything. You don't have a dead battery.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Well... I don't think you do, but perhaps that was presumptuous of me.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz should stick with heart surgery and stop flogging a new 'miracle' each week.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    He's just a quack, I'm suprised keytones aren't mentioned in this :noway:

grumpycatcleanse.jpg
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    Has anybody tried the Dr Oz 3 Day Detox? I want to try it to clean my system out and help jumpstart the dieting I am trying to do.

Or do you know any other detoxs? Dr Oz's looks like yummy food and you HAVE to take a nice long epsom bath each night... Here is a link to the sheet.

Since you're new, here's a heads-up: anything about Dr. Oz, cleanses, or detoxes will get you a bunch of negative responses.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Since you're new, here's a heads-up: anything about Dr. Oz, cleanses, or detoxes will get you a bunch of negative responses.

For a very good reason. :noway:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why is your system unclean? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?!?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    What's in your system that needs to be cleaned out?
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options

For a very good reason. :noway:

Thanks for adding that bit! :D
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    just drink water and eat clean--watch the sodium!!!
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just say no.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Why is everyone trying to jump start themselves? It's a body, not a battery. Plus jump start would require extra fuel, not restraining yourself to a detox. You're doing it wrong. If you want information on what works, look up how the metabolism works. There are lots of wikipedia articles, and many posts around the forums explaining it. There's no magic to these shakes people sell, it's just a way to restrict calories, that's what makes it work. And that's why a guy lost a bunch of weight eating only twinkies. Find out what your TDEE is, eat below it, it's as simple as that.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    All cleanses and detoxes are not necessarily going to hurt you, but really the benefit is just eating healthier and your body will cleanse all on it's own.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    If your body needs cleaning out and jump starting you should see a M.D. Otherwise, try a reasonably balanced diet and some exercise.