Diet sodas are not bad after all!!!

Options

Replies

• dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    Soda is still acidic diet or not which can affect the human body if you drink too much.
    If you eat or drink way more acidic foods then alkaline foods then you run the risk for health problems and at the same time lower your body's metabolism.
    In order for the body to be in fat burning mode it needs to be in the alkaline range.

ex.)
    Chart:
    1=Most Acidic
    7=Neutral.
    14=Too Alkaline.
    (As long as you stay in the neutral and slightly alkaline range you'll still be in fat burning mode.)
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Soda is still acidic diet or not which can affect the human body if you drink too much.
    If you eat or drink way more acidic foods then alkaline foods then you run the risk for health problems and at the same time lower your body's metabolism.
    In order for the body to be in fat burning mode it needs to be in the alkaline range.

ex.)
    Chart:
    1=Most Acidic
    7=Neutral.
    14=Too Alkaline.
    (As long as you stay in the neutral and slightly alkaline range you'll still be in fat burning mode.)

LOL if you ate something with a pH of 14 or 1 you'd be quite dead.

A pH of 7.35 is human blood. So we should all strive to have the same pH as blood.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    For those of you who love and drink diet, look at the ingredients....ASPARTAME!!!! Do you know what is in it..Formaldehyde!!!!!!! Who wants to drink that???? Just something for you to think about. I would rather drink regular, take the extra calories and work a little harder then drink that stuff and put it in my body.

This. Apartame.

Yes, it breaks down into the same ingredients as most citrus fruits and foods such as chicken. Do I need more punctuation or randomly capitalized words to make it true? No. Why? Because science.
    I get a chuckle about all the formaldehyde claims, claims of neurological deficits, and people claiming "studies show..."

The TRUTH is there is not a single clinical study done with aspartame/nutrasweet that show evidence of any such ill.

There are people everywhere - on the internet and in real life making these claims that "studies show..." when there are no studies that show this. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

Please, if you think you KNOW that aspartame/nutrasweet are causing all manner of ills, show your study that validates your knowledge. Please. If not, put your tinfoil hat away and go to bed.
  • prettynotpretty
    Options
    oh, thank god...because my refrigerator is constantly stocked and then getting re-stocked with diet pepsi. haha.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    For those of you who love and drink diet, look at the ingredients....ASPARTAME!!!! Do you know what is in it..Formaldehyde!!!!!!! Who wants to drink that???? Just something for you to think about. I would rather drink regular, take the extra calories and work a little harder then drink that stuff and put it in my body.

This. Apartame.

Yes, it breaks down into the same ingredients as most citrus fruits and foods such as chicken. Do I need more punctuation or randomly capitalized words to make it true? No. Why? Because science.
    I get a chuckle about all the formaldehyde claims, claims of neurological deficits, and people claiming "studies show..."

The TRUTH is there is not a single clinical study done with aspartame/nutrasweet that show evidence of any such ill.

There are people everywhere - on the internet and in real life making these claims that "studies show..." when there are no studies that show this. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

Please, if you think you KNOW that aspartame/nutrasweet are causing all manner of ills, show your study that validates your knowledge. Please. If not, put your tinfoil hat away and go to bed.
    Lots of anti aspartame proponents use articles, blogs, google, write ups from "natural" sites, etc. as their resources instead of actual studies.
    It's like taking sides during an election. You're Republican and vote Republican even if you didn't read what an actual proposition may entail. Same with Democrat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • albertabeefy
    Options
    Quote it correctly. There is NO FORMALDEHYDE in it. It converts to formaldehyde in the body. As do citrus fruits. Think about it.
    Well, technically, it 'breaks down' into methanol, then further into formaldehyde, if we're being technical. :smile:

But you're correct, it breaks down to methanol just as do citrus fruits and tomatoes, and we humans are well-equipped to use small amounts of methanol produced from foods and beverages, as well as from aspartame.
    Science:

The metabolic pathway is well-understood and well-documented in the scientific literature. First, the methanol from the intestinal tract goes to the liver via portal blood, where the liver enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase converts methanol into formaldehyde. The body very rapidly uses formaldehyde and so formaldehyde never builds up in the body. If the body doesn't need it, formaldehyde is converted to formic acid within seconds. The formic acid will be either excreted in the urine or broken down to carbon dioxide and water.
    There you have it.

The bottom line? Citrus fruits and tomatoes, especially their juices, are just as bad as aspartame! I'm assuming you'll all now avoid those at all costs.
  • albertabeefy
    Options
    It's not about finding studies that support "any view," it's about finding the MOST studies that have the same finding. This increases the reliability. So, I would go with what do studies show more, diet pop increases cravings or doesn't?

There are NO clinical studies that show diet pop increases cravings.

There are NO clinical studies that show aspartame/nutrasweet or the diet soda/pop they sweeten cause any health risks to humans.

If people think there are, please, post them.
  • aram832013
    Options
    2i269u9.jpg

LOL nice....
  • albertabeefy
    Options
    Lots of anti aspartame proponents use articles, blogs, google, write ups from "natural" sites, etc. as their resources instead of actual studies.
    Oh, some even quote studies on 'aspartate' instead of 'aspartame' ... these studies would be completely irrelevant to aspartame.

Why fact check when you can fear-monger? Especially if the fear-mongering lets you sell a safe, natural, homeopathic remedy?
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Just a thought from my own personal experience, I recently started drinking a gallon of water day, or as close to it as I can get. I still have a diet soda about every other day and my sweet cravings are diminishing, I think that it is possible that drinking more water keeps us fuller and makes us think about food less, therefore craving less sweets. I still treat myself to my diet soda and will continue to since I like the taste and deprevation would only make me binge drink it when I do give in. I say do whatever works for you.
  • lovingangel4uau
    lovingangel4uau Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My husband loveddddddd his zero coke then he went on to Lipton peach light as his a diabetic. It is true these are addictive and no amount of talking would he stop taking these until he saw this.
    http://www.infowars.com/food-the-ultimate-secret-exposed/
    To know what is in diet coke is discussing!!!! This actually breaks down the ingredients so you really know what is in these drinks and foods.
    My husband now drinks spring water and will a little diet he has dropped 2 of the 3 insulin injections.
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    LOL

They have zero nutrition and are all chemicals. Thats not okay for my body.
    So does water. H20 is a chemical compound.
    :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member

LOL
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    theres an actual study that suggests people who drink diet drinks are actually more prone to have be overweight and have diabetes later on in their lives... but dont take my word for it and keep drinking diet sodas!
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    It's full of chemical junk. Doesn't eating healthy means trying to stay away from that crap?
    Eating "healthy" means getting in your essentials and staying within a calorie limit. If there's room for non essentials that don't cause calorie surplus, then have fun consuming it. IIFYM eating rules.

IDEA Fitness member
    You are so correct!!! Getting caught up in the all or nothing heath mentality on the posts is why I lost track and had to start over on my weight loss journey. Every now and then it is ok to have a treat as long as it's with in limits and all other vital nutrients are met. I think you are awesome by the way, thank you for your post.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Ninerbuff, thanks for being the voice of moderation and reason:flowerforyou: You obviously have some common sense. I don't think diet coke is the best choice, but its not going to make me drop over dead if I have diet Dr. Pepper occasionally.
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke is pretty good with rum or bourbon. I've never tried it with both.

^ hehehe! I like this gal :)
  • albertabeefy
    Options
    theres an actual study that suggests people who drink diet drinks are actually more prone to have be overweight and have diabetes later on in their lives... but dont take my word for it and keep drinking diet sodas!
    No.

The study was an epidemiological study (not a randomized controlled trial) that CORRELATED diet soda consumption to obesity, not that it causes it.

It's every bit as plausible (if not moreso) that people drinking diet sodas started AFTER they became obese, and switched to diet soda consumption to save calories.
  • qsusanevans
    Options
    Aspartame
    Monsanto
    FDA
    Arrogance
    Tin foil hats

This thread has it all.

Hey, don't knock tin foil hats. They protect us from alien control! Check out the AFDB website (aluminum foil deflector beanie)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    It's correlation not causation. There's an actual graph out there that shows that the rise in the Earth's temperature is associated with the increase in the pirate population too.

IDEA Fitness member
  • albertabeefy
    Options
    My husband loveddddddd his zero coke then he went on to Lipton peach light as his a diabetic. It is true these are addictive and no amount of talking would he stop taking these until he saw this.
    http://www.infowars.com/food-the-ultimate-secret-exposed/
    To know what is in diet coke is discussing!!!! This actually breaks down the ingredients so you really know what is in these drinks and foods.
    My husband now drinks spring water and will a little diet he has dropped 2 of the 3 insulin injections.
    Did you read anything that was posted about science and truth before you posted this? Did you research the science for yourself before taking the fear-mongering tinfoil-hat guy's word for things?

I'm guessing not.