Success to hopefully keep you going! :)

Options
1235»

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the incouragement! I also started out in the 270's. I would like to know what you did for exercise at 270 when you started? Thanks for sharing your success & pictures!
    Hi! You're welcome! :smile:

I did the elliptical (cross trainer with the arms). I just started slow...low level for maybe 20 minutes and worked up. Every time a level started to feel too easy, I would bump it up a level and add 5 minutes. Now, I do over an hour at level 20. It seems to be easy on the body (joints, knees) and you are using both arms and legs which I like.

I found success with it. But you may like something else, like walking or swimming.

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thank you so much for this story.. you just made my day alot better and encouraged me even more..which i thought was impossible
    You're welcome! I'm happy I could help!!

I got your friend request but couldn't accept it. It's saying I have reached my friend level!!! :huh: :laugh:
  • JulieDonahue
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing! And gives me hope that I can be half the woman I am too!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    What would you say are your three biggest secrets? Was it logging, the type of food you ate or exercise. I am rather curious...:bigsmile:
    I just took it a day or a week at a time and focused on the smaller losses. I mean, time is going to go by anyway right? Even if you're losing weight slow and healthy...at least you are doing THAT and not staying the same or even gaining. And trust me, the time passes much quicker than you think it will and before long, those small, healthy losses add up.

You really hit home for me why you said how to focus on smaller losses and taking time. That is a really huge obstacle for me. In my early 20's, I could drop 20, 30 pounds in a few weeks. Now I'm lucky to drop a few pounds a month. So when your like me and have close to 100 pounds to lose, those couple pounds a month are very disheartening. I am constantly trying to tell myself to break it down into smaller obstacles and realize it IS going to take time.

Thanks for sharing and you look so beautiful! Congratulations!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    awww...tammy. you're awesome.
  • RominaSullivan
    Options
    amaziiing!! great job, you look gorgeous!
  • sunflower0022
    sunflower0022 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    thank you so much!! You show others, including myself, that we can do this!
    Very beautiful pictures!!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I'm amazed and so encouraged!!! I just started and I love reading the success stories. It is so encouraging!!!
  • nursedopey02
    Options
    AMAZING!!! You should be SO proud of yourself!
  • pavanneh
    pavanneh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing. I am so happy for you!! You're beautiful. Thank you so much for posting these. They really have helped me to see it can be done. I have forgotten what it feels like and looks like to be a healthy weight and seeing your pictures helps remind me!
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You are one of my inspirations on this site :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks so much guys!!! I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!! :):flowerforyou:
  • Ashl3yS
    Ashl3yS Posts: 64
    Options
    Wow!! You look fantastic
  • pamw22
    pamw22 Posts: 77
    Options
    Wow that is AMAZING!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!