No Eating at Night?

Options

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Eating at night is how you gain weight that fastest. Your body is 'shut down' and automatically stores all that you eat.

This is very, very false. I recommend that you brush up on anatomy and physiology, it can help you understand the body a little better :)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I say eat whenever.

yep.

I always used to cave and eat at night and go over my calories..i always felt hungry and wanted to eat...i felt miserable saying no and trying all the little tricks

then i said, SELF, if you LIKE eating later, why not?

the idea is to have a calorie deficit...so I have one.

coffee in the morning suits me just fine.

I eat a few small snacks then BAM!!!!!!! most of them later...makes me happy
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i dont eat after 7 at the best, 8 at the latest. since ive changed this, ive been sleeping better, had less belly aches overnight and have cut down on late night junk fests, lol! im losing weight quicker as well. maybe its just me, but i do feel lighter and better
  • futurehealthfreak
    futurehealthfreak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As long as it's not right before bed, I'll eat. I usually sleep around 3 am, and have no problem/guilt eating something at midnight.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I say eat whenever.

yep.

I always used to cave and eat at night and go over my calories..i always felt hungry and wanted to eat...i felt miserable saying no and trying all the little tricks

then i said, SELF, if you LIKE eating later, why not?

the idea is to have a calorie deficit...so I have one.

coffee in the morning suits me just fine.

I eat a few small snacks then BAM!!!!!!! most of them later...makes me happy

Sounds good to me. Feel free to invite me round for dinner sometime. :happy:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. Feel free to invite me round for dinner sometime. :happy:

Grow some boobs and I'll think about it.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    When I eat after midnight I become a gremlin.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that those saying it doesn't matter when you eat are those saying they can't go to sleep hungry, lol.

Why are these people so hungry before bed? Are they closet nighttime overeaters without regular daytime meals?

What would happen if they were denied food in the evening? Would they run amuck and lose all self-control?

No.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that those saying it doesn't matter when you eat are those saying they can't go to sleep hungry, lol.

Why are these people so hungry before bed? Are they closet nighttime overeaters without regular daytime meals?

What would happen if they were denied food in the evening? Would they run amuck and lose all self-control?

We say it doesn't matter because IT DOESN'T MATTER.

No I don't personally "run a muck and lose all self control".

I just don't sleep very well and then I don't perform well at my job and training.

Not to mention at night there's certain "activities" which one needs to fuel up for.

Yes
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Jumping on the "time has nothing to do with it" bandwagon. I personally don't end up eating after 8 or 9, because I'm just not hungry. If I did get hungry, I'd have no problem eating something so long as calories allowed. If you find it upsets your stomach to eat too close to bed time, don't do it. If you have cals and you're hoenstly hungry, have a snack! No harm, no foul :)
  • girlsjustwanna
    Options
    I find not eating in the evening really hard generally. I have a protein shake around 8.30pm, then I can last without food until the next morning.
  • losbeatlesmolan
    Options
    I usually have light dinners and then at 10pm an apple but, the truth to be said, I usually go to bed feeling hungry
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I don't eat past 7 or 8pm, but not because I believe I will gain weight if I do so. I don't feel hungry when I go to bed, either. If I was feeling hungry at night, I'd either eat more at my dinner time, or have some sort of snack between dinner and bed time.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry and it's within your calories, eat.
  • sjwright66
    Options
    I *try* to not eat past 8 in the evening... But sometimes that turns into 9 at night... But if I eat past 8 then it is a light snack like veggies, fruit, yogurt, fruit smoothie or something like that. Hope that helps and good luck on your weigh loss journey! :flowerforyou:
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Losing 5-6 lbs per month eating whenever I want.

Edited to add: I think the real reason people are advised not to eat at night is because people have more cravings and it's easier to over indulge when you have free time and constant access to the fridge. If you're counting calories you can mitigate this risk simply by being aware of what and how much you're eating. The "risk" of evening/night eating has thus been eliminated.
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    I try to stop eating by 7pm and do not eat again until breakfast the next morning.
    I'm starting to do this as well
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I work afternoon shifts and we don't get a break (you eat when you get a chance, I work at a restaurant). I often don't get a chance, so I eat at 11pm or later when I get home from work
  • Amitotic
    Amitotic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat after seven or eight, unless on special occasions, and even then whatever I eat is usually just a really light snack.
  • girlsjustwanna
    Options
    A lot will have to do with circadian rhythm whether or not you feel hungry at night. Being a nightowl my body loves most of it's activity at nighttime including eating. Sadly nightowls are usually expected to fit in with "normal" daytime routines of the morning larks!