What are you reading now? What will you read next?

Options

Replies

• cbwilliams2004
    cbwilliams2004 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Now: Signature in the Cell by Stephen Meyer
    Next: Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Finished "Killing Lincoln." Pretty interesting.

Currently reading "The Holy Spirit" by Billy Graham.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Just started "A Lion Among Men" (third sequel to "Wicked"). Will read the fourth sequel next but don't recall the name.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    Just finshing up a re-read of Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher Moore, funniest **** ever. I have been banned from reading him in bed at night b/c I literally just burst out in hysterical laughter.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of Brave New World!! I read Atlas Shrugged before that. It was my introduction to the dystopian universe.

Love Brave New World! You should check out Fahrenheit 451 if you haven't already read it.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm listening to (audobook in car during commute) Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay and still trying to finish reading The Hammer of Eden by Ken Follett (not great but want to find out how it ends).

Next will probably be Dearly Devoted Dexter. I love that kind of twisted but humorous writing...
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Just finished Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Sausages by Tom Holt and Brasyl by Ian McDonald. Am now reading Capacity by Tony Ballantyne and then will move onto The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist later this month when I pick it up from the library after Easter. Am into a sci-fi phase, what can I say? : )
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Now: The New Rules of Lifting For Women

Next: ?? (Suggestions welcome)
  • nexangelus
    Options
    Can also recommend three other books I read this year: The End of Mr. Y by Scarlett Thomas, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey and Alone in Berlin ((Every Man Dies Alone) by Hans Fallada.
  • fivepence
    fivepence Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Green.
    Will probably start The Stand by Stephen King next.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Virus 13
    Next thinking I might go for Biohazard 9-1-1
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    The Walking Dead...
    Long read.
    Next I will just give my brain a rest..
  • ATHFat2Fit
    Options
    "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" - because I'm planning a mini-vacation to Savannah this summer and have been told it's a "must read" before going... so I'm reading it.

Not sure what I'll read next.
  • nexangelus
    Options
    Just finished The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist and am now reading No Country For Old Men by Cormac McCarthy (his book The Road is also very good, like his writing style). Will probably read Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist or maybe Michio Kaku's Parallel Worlds and Hyperspace again (have been reading loads of sci-fi books that used these theories as a basis for the stories)
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of Brave New World!! I read Atlas Shrugged before that. It was my introduction to the dystopian universe.

I loved Brave New World. I'm reading Atlas Shrugged now for the second time. I read it when I was in high school and am reading it again. I also like mystery novels. Michael Connelly is one of my favorites.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading Until I find You by John Irving and A Canticle For Leibowitz by Walter M Miller. Next up is Haroun by Salman Rushdie.
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options
    Right now: Dancer- Colum McCann

Next: After Dark - Murakami
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I just finished City of Bones & reading City of Ashes by Csssandra Clare.
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    The Big Fight by Sugar Ray Leonard
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Do audiobooks count? I'm listening to: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain

I have: The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien & Tenth of December by George Saunders on my queue.