Body image self-assessment quiz

Options

Replies

• Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    28 and that actually surprises me that it's so high. I feel great about myself most of the time... maybe it's because TOM lol. BUMPING to take in a couple of weeks to make sure
  • LoonyLovegood8
    Options

Actually not surprised as I despise my body most of the time.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Marry me.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    At first, I was 38.
    Then I took it again and really thought about each situation, coming out with a 23.
    I do know that I have horrible body dysmorphia on most days though.

I suppose it all depends on your mood when you take the test.
  • Want2live4ever
    Want2live4ever Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mine was 60 points! total bdd body hatred :( i have no self confadence i feel bad for myself and for the people around me
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I didn't take the time to read all 14 pages so sorry if someone posted this already, but I'm a researcher myself and the way this survey was compiled seems bizarre to me.
    "When someone looks at parts of my appearance that I dislike" presupposes you have parts you dislike...
    and in one of the follow up descriptions it says that your body image is impeding your going out and doing new things. I fail to see where that is assessed in the questionnaire

I agree. The survey has very poorly worded statements.
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    16, which really doesn t mean much.

What got me cracking up is the recommended exercises!:laugh: :laugh:

Better get started on wearing Chanel #5, smelling some random baby's hair, no longer swear at and learn to appreciate the owl that's driving me crazy at night, and do lots of touching. Oh and learn to be assertive too.. who...Moi?? Really? .. "I approve of myself.. I approve of myself... I approve of myself.."

"..Useful exercises

• Massage helps you to rediscover a sense of connectedness and healing.
    • Exercise one of your senses each day. One day concentrate on smell. Smell flowers, a baby's hair, wear your best perfume. Next day really listen. Listen to the birds, to the sound of silence, to music. Then touch… touch silk, your skin, a crystal. Rediscover the ways in which your body is a source of pleasure.
    • Repeat positive assertions. 'I approve of myself' 'I look good enough for me' especially if you are feeling body-bad.
    • Learn to be assertive. Assertion and a sense of self-control go together.
    • Move through fear into freedom. .."
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I got a 38 :huh: I must be in denial.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else get a zero?
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I scored a 9. I agree with this. I don't particularly hate my body, and no one else does, but I only wish I was more toned. So I guess its good that I'm positive about it.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I got 14. Fairly happy with that. Some good suggestions in there.
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    15, guess I'm ok
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    41, not shocked but feel I don't really hate myself, I don't love what I see but I don't hate it either, it just makes me more determined that the next time I go clothes shopping things will look better on me even if it takes time.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    If somebody doesn't want to date me, hire me or make fun of me for how I look, that would make them a jerk in my eyes -- it wouldn't make me think "hmmm, I need to change so I can be accepted.

Interesting. To walk through life believing that, no matter what, one's own appearance is fine and society at large has a problem for not agreeing...seems like a form of denial to me. But it sounds like a cozy place to live and I kind of envy you for getting there. I just don't think I could ever accomplish the mental gymnastics that it would take for me to say, and truly believe, "The 95% of the population who don't want to date me, hire me or even hold the damn door for me are just jerks! They're the ones with the problem, not me for being fat! I don't need to change a thing!". That's just refusing to take responsibility for one's own life to me.

I find your perspective really, REALLY sad. Yes of course looks matter in our society at large, but not getting a job because you're 20lbs overweight compared to another candidate doesn't mean you're 'not taking responsibility for your own life'.

You can recognize that society has a bias towards attractive people AND that it's a ****ed up, unfair thing at the same time.
  • passmetheducksauce
    passmetheducksauce Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i scored a 0

i have a good body image and great self esteem.

no surprise there.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    My number was kinda high...it didn't make for pleasant reading :frown:
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I was never really that low self-esteemed when I was younger, but then after I had my baby I realized I was going in the direction of being morbidly obese and wanted to get back to being sexy.... sometimes I feel like I'm not getting free drinks and compliments because I'm not attractive any more... when in reality it's because they see the wedding ring lol this was intriguing and enlightening, thanks for sharing!
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    41+ body dysmorphic which is what i kind of new!!