Top 5 Foods BANNED from my home ...

Options

Replies

• SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    1. Bread
    2. Pasta
    3. refined sugar & artificial sweeteners (still have honey, coconut sugar and pure maple syrup in the house though!)
    4. Chips
    5. Peanut Butter
  • JessyBevy
    JessyBevy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    3- Nutella. I'll start by putting it on toast, then a banana, then I'm eating it by the spoonful.

I thought I was the only one...

And what about warming some up and dipping in pretzels and strawberries! ... mMmMmm
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Fat free Mayonnaise!!!! blaaahhhhhh!!

Yeah, I thought the whole point of mayo was to be a fat source! WTH is in fat free mayo and why would anyone EVER want to eat it?!

Only REAL Hellmans Mayo in my fridge.......everythings good in moderation!:bigsmile:

I make my own, but when I can't have that, I always go for the full fat stuff! I used to LOVE hellman's, but now I'm in love with my homemade mayo :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    1. Regular soda (pop, coke, etc.)
    2. Oreos
    3. Oatmeal Cream Pies
    4. Nutty Bars
    5. as you can tell...pretty much SWEETS
  • JessyBevy
    JessyBevy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A loaf of French Bread made it into the house yesterday. After it was it a ziplock bag I smelled the bread, carried the bread around, though about eating the bread with olive oil and fig vinegar. I thought about toasting it with Romano cheese and garlic.

I did not eat the bread. I was out of calories.

I will eat the bread tonight. It will be amazing.

I am truly and deeply excited for you
  • Bberl
    Bberl Posts: 32
    Options
    The top five banned from my kitchen are 1. Chips,
    2. Cheezies
    3. Chocolate chip cookies
    4. Heavenly hash ice cream
    5. All breads, including gluten free ones!

Learning to live with less, is doing much more for me!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    doritos
    cheese puffs
    potato chips
    any and all ice-cream
    M&M's of all kinds
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Kettle cooked salt & vinegar chips. I can eat them until my mouth hurts, take a water break and eat some more. mmmmmmm

They're not banned, though, I just know if I buy them I'm eating the whole bag and try to plan accordingly.
  • whitesoftball15
    whitesoftball15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You should try PB2 its alot better for you and still taste like the good stuff. You can find it at a whole foods store or GNC
  • whitesoftball15
    whitesoftball15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter... I'm not sure what it is about peanut butter but if it's in the house I will find away to eat it until it's gone.... So I'll be like ohhhh pb toast for breakfast pb and banana for a snack pb sandwich for lunch pb and apples for a snack pb on anything for dinner... I've eaten a whole jar in 2-3 days... so now I just don't buy it. I have no control when it comes to Peanut Butter!

You should try PB2 its alot better for you and still taste like the good stuff. You can find it at a whole foods store or GNC
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Fat free salad dressings!!!!!! What!?!?! Fat free Italian dressing...ahhh hell nahhhhh!!!!:devil:

Preach on Playa!!!!!!!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Vegan Sausage!!!?!?!?!?! Ahhh helll nahhh that eint making it inside my crib!!!!!:devil:
  • 215jenn
    215jenn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A loaf of French Bread made it into the house yesterday. After it was it a ziplock bag I smelled the bread, carried the bread around, though about eating the bread with olive oil and fig vinegar. I thought about toasting it with Romano cheese and garlic.

I did not eat the bread. I was out of calories.

I will eat the bread tonight. It will be amazing.

I am truly and deeply excited for you

I was having a bread meltdown last night.
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    I haven't really banned anything from my house. Instead, I pay a little extra and buy the snacks and goodies already packaged in the portion sizes. This way I am retraining myself on what a portion size actually looks like, and I have removed the temptation to scarf down a family size bag of doritos with a jar of cheese spread. That being said....I can never ever ever ever again buy any sort of can of Easy Cheese. That stuff is like crack to me and I will destroy that can in one sitting :tongue:
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    curious as to why so many seem to ban peanut butter? 1 tbsp peanut butter on 1 rice cake is about 130 calories....seems a reasonable snack, no?

Yes, i just think (with everything listed on this post) - there's a problem with sticking to 1 tbsp ;)

ok, I get it.....I think the scientific name for that condition is "Lay's potato chip syndrome" ;)
  • estherlion
    estherlion Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    brawts
    blue bell green almond pistachio icecream
    blue bell chocolate covered cherries icecream
    fire hot cheetos
    cinnamon roasted almonds
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Anything with high fructose corn syrup

Anything with partially hydrogenated oil

Anything that claims to be "healthy"...if you have to market the fact that your product is "healthy"...then it's probably not all that. Besides, we all know what we should be eating most of the time.

I second this!!

-Spinach and artichoke dip lol
    everytime we go out to eat we get this.. lol i make my own.. high calorie.. but at least it's better for me then the resturant version :~p
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Some foods I can't keep in my house:

-Goldfish crackers
    -Chocolate teddy grahams lol
    -Tostitos Lime chips
    -Candy
    -Dark chocolate Milano cookies
    -Spinach and artichoke dip lol
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    LOL! ooh hell naw bitz said HELLLL NAW!
    Fat free salad dressings!!!!!! What!?!?! Fat free Italian dressing...ahhh hell nahhhhh!!!!:devil:
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I've really worked on my control. i manage to mostly stick to 1 square (ok triangle) of toblerone a day.

my issue is not to bake bread - i love baking, its better in big batches, but then i end up eating it....