What can I eat A LOT of?

Options

Replies

• helenclarke7
    Options
    Maybe you can eat something yummy - like nuts - and eat fewer. Chew slowly and wait until one is completely gone and the taste is out of your mouth. Then add the next one. That will slow you down and you will be eating mindfully. We get used to putting one bite after another in our mouths before what's in our mouth is gone. Serial eating. I get bored with snacking on vegetables during the day. I do have popcorn because of the crunch and flavor. I put a little olive oil on it and it is delicious.
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Vegetables. I made some garlic green beans with lemon for lunch using only 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, and they're so good and so filling that I feel like I'm cheating.

OK thinking of skipping the steamed frozen veggies tonight and going for this^^^^. Yummo!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    "I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Frozen Grapes are awesome! Like candy

Waaaay this! I also like a whole mango, and I keep frozen Dole melon mix to use with the frozen grapes (and also like to throw a kiwi in there).
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    air popped popcirn
    plain
    ooooorrrrrr with

red hot
    cayenne pepper
    garlic powder
    onion powder
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    kale and spinach.

you can make chips out of the kale.

and i personally can eat pounds and pounds of spinach, kale and chard made in the crockpot with onions, seasoning and top with sriracha

^^^ My kind of green salad. Yummo!
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Frozen Grapes are awesome! Like candy

They don't get mushy?

You eat them while they're still frozen. They mush a teensy bit as they thaw in your mouth but they're still awesome! I have sensitive teeth so I can't totally chew them while frozen so I eat them slowly and that makes me eat less. Lady I work with turned me onto it and now it's my favorite way of eating grapes.
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes

Rice cakes are actually not as healthy as we tend to think. It's a simple sugar, really, so it gives a blood sugar spike.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Stay away from veggies high in sugar like carrots and bell peppers. But with that said, carrots and bell peppers are ok. Raw broccoli and cauliflower. Snap Peas. You can sauté up a bunch of different veggies and onions and then reheat in small batches when you need a boost. Throw some unsalted sunflower seeds in there. Pumpkin seeds are really good too.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    On somebody's suggestion, I bought this thing that helps you make no-fat chips in the microwave. I've only made sweet potato chips so far, but I must say, they are not very good. But I eat them anyway.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    If you can find a way to balance it with other foods such that you hit yoru calorie/macro goals for the day, you can eat whatever you want.

If you can't control yourself, then ice chips are about your only good option.

Rofl.

I eat plain shredded wheat. I can enjoy it, but it doesn't really keep me coming back for more and it's healthy for you.
  • rshortx3
    rshortx3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's World's Puffiest White Cheddar Corn Puffs- obviously not as healthy an option as fresh fruits and veggies but if you've just gotta have something decadent and cheesy and crunchy, and a lot of it, it's just 140 calories for 2.5 cups.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    If you can find a way to balance it with other foods such that you hit yoru calorie/macro goals for the day, you can eat whatever you want.

^^^^^THIS IS EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW

You can eat pretty much whatever you want that is NOT PROCESSED, but it all depends on how much you are willing to workout. You earn calories thru your burn. Burn to earn. I am putting that on a TShirt, so don't steal it! LOL

Why, what's wrong with processed foods?

A few things are wrong with processed foods:

GMO. 90% of all processed foods are made with GMO. If you don't know what that is, research it. Let's just say it is food made by the world's number one maker of poison.

If it is processed, then usually a great deal of sodium is used to help preserve it and give it shelf life. No bueno.

FAT. Lots of fat in most processed foods. If it is fat free, then check the sugar and sodium content.

Empty calories. Processed foods have no nutritional content. Added "Vitamins and minerals" can rarely be absorbed into the body in any way sufficient enough to provide nutrition. And it usually just makes you more hungry. Pringles - you can't have just one!

Ah, so you're one of *those* people...

I recently saw an article that said how much money companies like Frito Lay put into making their products as addicting as possible. Additionally, it is proven that the more a food is processed, the more it raises your risk of cancer. So if by "one of 'those' people" you mean informed, then yes I suppose she is one of those people! As am I!

Here we go again with the labeling of you are one of those ppl and so forth....nutritionally.. pre packaged preserved, shelf life foods are not as healthy as fresh,ready to eat foods like fruits and veggies. Just like home made food (because you control what you add) are not as high in sodium and other things that restaurants/manufacturers put in their stuff. When you eat and cook from items usually located on the outside isle of most grocery stores you will live a much healthier lifestyle than someone who buys most if not all of their groceries in the isles or eats out most of the time. I have done the research, it all boils down to what your goals are. You dont have to get rid of the crap but your body deserves atleast the chance to go 1 month without the crap and see for yourself if there is a difference. We are all made differently you can have more sodium than I can probably so frito lay has a dedicated customer lol I however am a dedicated customer to dole :D and not their canned stuff

If people could get healthy eating junk I would be one of the healthiest people on the planet. I don't eat completely clean, but I will support anyone who does, because it works. Of course you have to have some exercise as well and you still have to count calories. But, eat a bag of 300 calorie chips vs a high fiber cereal and you will immediately get that the cereal will be much more satisfying and you won't be over eating on that, because it's almost impossible.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Sliced cucumbers with salsa, you can eat a lot of this combo.
  • kncraiker
    Options
    Truvia (stevia) is not an artificial sweetener, nor is erythritol. Aspartame and saccharin are the devil, though. Try Zevia soda instead of regular diet soda.
  • mgore0404
    mgore0404 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

^^^^^THIS IS EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW

You can eat pretty much whatever you want that is NOT PROCESSED, but it all depends on how much you are willing to workout. You earn calories thru your burn. Burn to earn. I am putting that on a TShirt, so don't steal it! LOL

Why, what's wrong with processed foods?

A few things are wrong with processed foods:

GMO. 90% of all processed foods are made with GMO. If you don't know what that is, research it. Let's just say it is food made by the world's number one maker of poison.

If it is processed, then usually a great deal of sodium is used to help preserve it and give it shelf life. No bueno.

FAT. Lots of fat in most processed foods. If it is fat free, then check the sugar and sodium content.

Empty calories. Processed foods have no nutritional content. Added "Vitamins and minerals" can rarely be absorbed into the body in any way sufficient enough to provide nutrition. And it usually just makes you more hungry. Pringles - you can't have just one!

Ah, so you're one of *those* people...

I recently saw an article that said how much money companies like Frito Lay put into making their products as addicting as possible. Additionally, it is proven that the more a food is processed, the more it raises your risk of cancer. So if by "one of 'those' people" you mean informed, then yes I suppose she is one of those people! As am I!

Here we go again with the labeling of you are one of those ppl and so forth....nutritionally.. pre packaged preserved, shelf life foods are not as healthy as fresh,ready to eat foods like fruits and veggies. Just like home made food (because you control what you add) are not as high in sodium and other things that restaurants/manufacturers put in their stuff. When you eat and cook from items usually located on the outside isle of most grocery stores you will live a much healthier lifestyle than someone who buys most if not all of their groceries in the isles or eats out most of the time. I have done the research, it all boils down to what your goals are. You dont have to get rid of the crap but your body deserves atleast the chance to go 1 month without the crap and see for yourself if there is a difference. We are all made differently you can have more sodium than I can probably so frito lay has a dedicated customer lol I however am a dedicated customer to dole :D and not their canned stuff

If people could get healthy eating junk I would be one of the healthiest people on the planet. I don't eat completely clean, but I will support anyone who does, because it works. Of course you have to have some exercise as well and you still have to count calories. But, eat a bag of 300 calorie chips vs a high fiber cereal and you will immediately get that the cereal will be much more satisfying and you won't be over eating on that, because it's almost impossible.

I think he is "one of those people", and just wants a good laugh to get people going.
  • DistractedGrace
    Options
    [/quote]

Try stepping down the sweetener 1 teaspoon at a time. You can get used to less and less. I used to make 1 gallon of iced tea with 1/4 cup sugar ... now I can't stand sweetened iced tea.

[/quote]

1/4 cup??? I used to make a gallon of sweet tea with 2 and 1/2 cups sugar! Of course I am in the south, LOL. Now I don't drink sweet tea or any sodas at all.
  • carbnut
    carbnut Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    popcorn from an airpopper then use butterbuds. not as good as microwave popcorn, but you can eat alot of it this way.
  • aikasm
    aikasm Posts: 63
    Options
    edamame!
  • aikasm
    aikasm Posts: 63
    Options
    94% fat free butter popcorn
    no sugar added all natural applesauce (1.5 cups is only 150 calories, that is a BIG bowl of applesauce)