July 2010 - No more snacking after dinner

Options
The challenge continues! (to challenge us). If you're mad about snacking late at night, in particular on chips, popcorn and M&Ms, join us in the struggle to defeat this habit and change it to: "No more late night snacking!" Take either dinner or a cut-off time to be the last time you eat for the day, after which tea and water only drinker. Then stick to it! and most importantly, stick to us, so that you get over slip-offs. Be certain that you can do it!

Here's to July and us fighting this together.

This will be a monthly thread so join at ANY time, with each of individually tallying at the end of the month. Don't give up. One night of non-success does not scrap you for the week or the month. Make a goal, and if you overcoming one extra night a month of success, then you are a winner!

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Me 0 - Snack 1

Didn't start the month off too well. Totally forgot it was even a new month. But am totally motivated for tonight. Cut off as it is the weekend will be 9 p.m.

Hope you all can join me.
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    ill join.
    i can't remember last time i snacked after tea.
    but that doesn't mean to say won't cross my mind for the month ahead.
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Last night was difficult - was at work of course. Dayshift gave me a homemade cinnamon bun so I broke my rule of "eating only the good food I bring before eating other food/ snacks".

Me 0 / Snacks 1

The snacks are ahead :noway: - I need to bump it up!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Bad start. Me 0/3 snacks. Time to get serious. Today is the day!!!

Welcome Leix.

Rosemary - Looks like we are slim pickins this month. Maybe people are waiting until after July 4. Thanks for sticking with me as Dew has so much going on this summer she won't be able to join us for at least this month.
  • JoyWil
    JoyWil Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this site but not the battle of weight loss. I can do great all day and then destroy it with late night snacking. I hope to cut off at 8:30PM. Thanks for the challenge:smile:
  • shafterone
    shafterone Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am so in:)
  • jennebelle
    jennebelle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge for me - after dinner is my favorite time to eat. I think a realistic goal for me would be to not eat after dinner 5 nights/week.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating snacks after dinner. I started on June 1st and haven't had anything. I actually think it became a huge habit. I also use to snack in the afternoon on unhealthy foods. I now have healthier or low-cal choices instead of candy and chips.
  • jennebelle
    jennebelle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    wow - a month of no snacking at night - great job!
  • JoyWil
    Options
    Day one in "no more snacking after dinner" so far so good but has only been 30 mins. Lord keep me strong!:happy:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    1 ME (finally)/ 3 snacks
  • JoyWil
    Options
    1 Me/0 snacks:happy:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Great job Joy. Keep it going
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Oh goodie, lots of new people. And they sound determined. Just the thing I need since the snacks have been winning out against me. My weekend and holiday company is gone now so I have no more excuses.

No snackin for a month? What's your secret diet45? :flowerforyou:

Me 0 / Snacks 5 ( I think this is a new did pooly record for me :noway: )

Funny Joy. He will help us :flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    After yet another hiatus from mfp and this thread, I am back to try again. If I can just stick w/this, I know I will see results. Eliminating late night snacking is also such a healthier way of life. So, I am in. Tonight will be my Day 1.
    My cut-off is 9:30 p.m., except for evenings out - then I can go as late as 11:30 p.m.
    Good luck to you all.
    Zaza
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    diet45 , I just read your post that you have been going strong with this challenge since June 1. Amazing!!! :drinker: That must be a record. This is very motivating. Please keep posting. Thanks.
    Zaza
  • nikilincoln
    nikilincoln Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! My goal is no snacking after dinner. Day 1!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    3 ME /3 snacks

Alright, so tonight I'm about to kick SNACKS little patooty. Of course, I have to extend my time as we are going out with family for dinner at 7:30. So 9 p.m. is my cutoff for tonight.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Me 0 / Snacks 5 ( I think this is a new did pooly record for me :noway: )
    Don't worry Rosemary. I think having a holiday right at the beginning of the month messed a lot of us up. But you can succeed and overpower those silly SNACKS!
  • JoyWil
    Options
    So far so good - last night was hard I really wanted more - but I stopped at tens minutes after my cut iff time and put the cookies away. Me 3/ snacks -0:flowerforyou: