Top 5 Foods BANNED from my home ...

Options

Replies

• StaceySudol
    StaceySudol Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My weakness are chips and it doesn't matter what flavour! I do not have much of a sweet tooth so I can ignore the chocolate and candy the kids get but chips I just can't ignore.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Brownies
    Cape Cod salt and cracked pepper chips.

That is pretty much it. everything else I can control. :)
  • ThatKimChick
    Options
    White rice and cornflakes! I used to eat these thing on a regular till I found out how fattening they were. I informed the moms and just like that they were gone xD. We do substitute with brown/enriched rice and wheetabix though.
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Pesto.
  • skinnyclare
    skinnyclare Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bread - Im slightly intolerant to wheat but love bread it so much i cant control myself when its in the house
    Biscuits - only weight watchers alowed
    Crisps- again i would eat a whole multi pack not just a packet
    Chololate - do i really need to explain LOL
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I can't ban anything. Other adults live here, too.
  • kellymiller23
    Options
    Lays's Salt and Vinegar potato chips (my mouth is watering as I type this)
    Candy of any kind
    Ice Cream of any kind
    Fresh white bread (French, baguette, etc)
    Anything with the name Hostess on it (easier now that they are out of business) or any Hostess wanna-be.
  • mararabb
    mararabb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would love to ban pizza, Little Debbie snacks, cadbury eggs, and chips. Unfortunately I have kids. They adore pizza, they all got easter baskets (even the 17 yo), and the new food requirements mean they can't eat lunch at school or they come home wanting to eat all over again. None of my kids are even close to having weight problems, so I can't push my issues on them. I have managed to ban diet coke because I was the only one who drank it. My kids and my husband all keep their sodas, but I don't crave them so it's all good.
  • JonnaM0916
    JonnaM0916 Posts: 113
    Options
    I agree with the now I'm hungry comment! I am so stinking hungry it's not even funny! lol...

Something I'd love to eat a box of right now is devil's food cookies,oreos with milk,brownies warm out of the oven with vanilla icecream and a LOADED baked potato! EEK! lol
  • mararabb
    mararabb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I take that back - my 17 yo does have a weight problem. He can't gain enough for the football coach to take him seriously. He's 5'11" and can't get over 160 to save his life. I wish I had his problems.
  • tresmommy86
    tresmommy86 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    - Any kind of sweet pastry ( cake, pie, muffin, danish, cookie, etc...)

- nacho cheese Doritos (didn't like the Taco Bell taco tho)

- anything fried

- Cherry Vanilla limeade from Sonic

- popcorn (homemade or airpopped)

*prays for strength not to stop and get any of these items* :ohwell:
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Samoas girl scout cookies!
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Samoas girl scout cookies!

LOL! I feel the EXACT SAME WAY about thin mints!

I am seriously SO GLAD that I don't live with my parents. They keep so much junk food in their house it's honestly ridiculous! It's so hard for me to control myself whenever I visit them because junk is food is all around me staring me in the face. :grumble:

I have no problem controlling myself from my roommates' food though. I guess because they buy it, I feel like eating it isn't even an option because that's equivalent to stealing, so there's no temptation because I figure it's not mine. NOT the same at my parents' house though. :frown:

If I ever have a family of my own, I'm not going to allow a ridiculous amount of junk food to be in the house. Some if other family members want it, fine. But not SO MUCH.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Skittles
    Starburst
    Chips of any kind except tortilla (although now that I'm at goal weight I've begun to lift that ban to see if I've developed any self control here)
    Oreos
    Anything else that I feel I can't exercise portion control over.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Banned, um

Soda
    Gin
    Anything fried
    Premade freezer meals
    Apples/Avacados/Watermelon/Pears/Nectorines/Peaches/Plumes (these make me sad since they have negative impacts on wife's gut due to Crohnes, part of FODMAP diet).
  • mrsbrightside4
    Options
    My list is the same... I have no self control and I'm a stay at home mom, so I have a lot of time to just eat.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Chocolate (damn you Easter) lol
    Baked goods like muffins or pastries
    Potato chips
    Popcorn, it seems to trigger a binge on other foods
    Ice cream

I can usually moderate my treats but these are definitely my triggers so I am less likely to stop at one serving.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options

- popcorn (homemade or airpopped)

just curious...whats wrong with popcorn?

seems to me a 3-cup serving for around 120-150cals, depending on what you adorn it with, seems more than fair.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    1) Home made brownies
    2) Rye bread
    3) Plain Hershey's chocolate miniatures
    4) Most crackers
    5) Cheese blocks (for some reason, slices or the Mini Babybel rounds are fine)