What is your daily calorie allowance?

Options

Replies

• broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    1600. I try to burn 250 cals every weekday and 500 on Sat and Sun each. I hope to lose 60-70 pounds but want to lose it slowly so it stays off ;)
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1200 calories a day, set to lose 2 pounds a week.

Sex: Female
    Height: 5'3"
    SW: 235 lbs
    CW: 186 lbs
    GW: 120 lbs

Sedentary lifestyle.

I don't have a set workout routine, honestly. I just work out whenever I feel like it. Usually ends up being 1 or 2 times a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
  • chicagospeechie
    chicagospeechie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1,470 calories (but I usually eat an extra 150-200 cals on exercise days)
    I only have 9 lbs to lose so I'm on the 1/2 lb/wk setting.
    5'4"

Edit: exercising goal is 3-4 days a week. I don't have an average to share yet because I just started exercising again last week. So far I've worked out every day.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    When I was losing, I ate about 1400-1500 at the lowest.

Now I maintain on about 2200 a day, on average. It does vary, and I go for a weekly target, rather than a daily target for flexibility.

I also do not eat back my exercise calories, as exercise got me nowhere prior to changing my diet. I do exercise for health and strength - not for weight management.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    This question is mainly for women! I was wondering what your daily calorie goal is. Also, please include your height, how much you work out, and, if you're comfortable, how much you weigh.

I think I'm eating too few calories but I'd like to see what others are doing!

Thanks ladies!

5'6"
    135lbs
    1400 calories + exercise calories, my base calories are if I'm pretty much sedentary all day, I usually burn around 200 calories per day with light cardio & stretching, so it's really usually around 1600 calories.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    1500 cals a day ( more when I workout)
    158.8 pounds
    5'7"
    I have been sick for about a week but usually burn about 1000 cals a day

oh and yes this works well for me I didnt start losing weight again until I started eating more
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I try to fluctuate my calories. Usually ranges from 900-1500 through out the week. I exersise 3-4x a week, and am on my feet all day at my job, that also involves lifting heavy crap and moving things a lot.

CW: 145 lbs
    GW: 110-115 lbs
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    1300-1800 depending on how hard I worked out that day- 5 to 6 days a week

Im 4'11 121-125 pounds

SW was 162
    Goal of 105-110
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I calculated my TDEE online and it came up with 1466. If I exercise I might eat some of those cals too. I find it barely doable for me to eat 1466. I like to eat. 5'2 cw 146 gw 137
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3
    SW: 175
    CW: 168
    Started: March 3rd

In the beginning I was eating 1350 calories no exercise.
    Then I bumped it up to 1350 - 1500 calories, walking more and taking the stairs at work, working out vigorously once every two weeks :)
    Now I eat 1500 on average - I just started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, so we will see where this takes me!

I used http://www.health-calc.com to estimate my calorie goal. I want to at least have a 1000 calorie deficit from my Total Daily Expenditure. This will a) help me 1.5 to 2 pounds a week (hopefully), leave room for error, and allow me room to go over and enjoy myself once in awhile.

Feel free to peak at my diary. I log everything. Since I just started working out regularly, I'm going to see if I feel deprived with what I am currently eating, if I do then I will add more calories.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    2150 gross/day.

5'9"
    SW: 170
    CW: ~130

Full-body lifting 3x/week (30 min)
    HIIT cardio 2x/week (15-25 min)
    Run 5km 1x/week (30 min)
    Core 2-3x/week (15 min)
  • DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    36yo
    CW - 121-125lb
    GW - happy where I am. Want to lose body fat and eventually get down to around 20%. Last time I calculated it (2 months ago maybe???) I was 23%.

I eat around 1700 cals a day whether I've worked out or not and I'm maintaining my weight. I lift weights and my schedule is varied right now since I'm doing Jamie Eason's LiveFit 12 week program. I despise cardio. I do enjoy yoga and pilates though and do that a couple times a week and also take Les Mill BodyFlow classes. I was going to start a bulk/cut cycle, but I think I'll wait until after summer is over.
  • LadyThanata
    LadyThanata Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I might be eating to few calories, but ever since i started this diet, I've done a bunch of changes with the food i bring into my apartment and cook for myself... I'm actually never hungry anymore. I eat a bowl of cereal with fresh strawberries and banana and almond milk, I have a protein bar for lunch or a salad, and for dinner I normally baked chicken,drumsticks or wings with steamed veggies. When I snack its on Quaker Pops (So Yummy) or baby carrots... I also drink like 5 or 6 bottles of water...
    UGH

I'm 5'3
    SW-215
    CW-203-205
    Goal-165

I eat about 1000 calories. I work out 4 or 5 times a week burning about 450 calories.

unless you have some medical reason, like a thyroid problem....
    there is no "might" about it, you can (and should) absolutely eat more. lots of people feel the same way you do... natural healthy foods are much more filling and we have the mindset of eat as little as we can in order to lose weight so why eat more? One answer to why is that you need more than calories, you need nutrition and it's hard to get that on 1000 a day. Also, you need energy to fuel your body, and 1000 just isn't enough, even if you were sitting on the couch all day. To add calories without necessarily eating more, try to add some more calorically dense foods to your menu: avocado, nuts & nut butters, full fat instead of low-fat items are some examples. Really, you'll feel better.

No medical problems here. Thanks for the tip. Does peanut butter count? I love peanut butter on my apples... Think I might go grab some now!

Friend me. Would love to follow your page.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    26 yrs old
    5'4
    140lbs
    Standing job with semi active hobby I do 5-6 times a week.
    Mon-Thurs 1500 cals
    Friday-Sunday 1800-2200 Cals.

I have my cals set to 1800, but i pay attention to the weekly goal to how much I can go over on the weekend.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Right now I am eating 1600 which is a 15% cut from my TDEE. I have about 15ish lbs left to lose so I am not cutting anymore than that really.

I am 28
    5' 1"

Workout 4-5 days a week doing NROLW and Running
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    What are calories!?
    I eat pop tarts and ice cream. That's all I can handle :/
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    1600 calories per day
    4'10.5"
    104 lb
    15 - 18% BF
    Exercise 5 hours over the week, do something every day
  • hikinglife
    Options
    MFP says it should be about 1440; I usually only eat about 1200 of those. I choose foods that are fuel and cut out all the junk. Be my friend and you can see my diary. I only started filling it out today, but this is my standard, every day meal plan. Some people may get bored with the veggie burger/boxed vegetables/slice of sugar-free bread and apple twice a day, but I find that this consistency makes eating MUCH less stressful for me. I work out everyday and have had no problems with fatigue as a result of my plan (note the extra protein in there from the veggie burger).

So far, I've lost ~25 pounds with this diet and exercise. It's sustainable, easy, and tastes good (and it's vegetarian!)

nb: yes, I do sometimes cheat, but I on those days, it's nice to know that I eat well the other days. Makes me feel MUCH less guilty and enjoy the indulgences I do have.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    5'2.75"
    SW 170
    CW 139
    GW 119-125

I NET around 1200-1450 (have it set for 1450), so if I exercise I usually eat about 1600-1800 cals a day. I am losing and have recently stopped feeling hungry with this net, so it's working out well for me. I try to exercise about 4-5 times a week, but I walk everyday for classes and work which usually ends up burning atleast 100 cals a day, but about 300-500 on workout days. Starting this week I will be including strength training and ab workouts, as I have lost 30 lbs, but gained 3% body fat... oops?
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    5'8
    HW: 120
    GW: 105

SMH.