Pregnancy 2010 - July

Options

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I received this article from baby-gaga.com and thought it was interesting. Thought I'd pass it along:

Now, if you are planning or deciding whether or not to breastfeed, here are some of the big reasons why it’s a great thing for you and your little “sucker”: breastfeeding actually releases a hormone that will help you relax (and if you don’t nurse milk production will actually cease: i.e. use it or lose it!). If you choose to breastfeed, your body will produce oxytocin—(no, not Oxycotin, Rush Limbaugh already took care of that), which actually increases uterine contractions to decrease post-birth vaginal bleeding.

And the vain reason to breastfeed: all that charming excess body fat you’ve gained is used for milk production, thus making it MUCH easier for you to return to you pre-pregnancy weight. Also, nursing mothers’ bones re-mineralize faster than those who don’t and are less likely to contract ovarian or uterine cancer before and after menopause. Not to mention the fact that breastfeeding means you’re directly bolstering your baby’s immune system. For even more reasons why your child will benefit from breastfeeding, visit womenshealth.gov.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I was really bad this week so unsurprisingly my scale is showing it. Gained 2lbs in 1 week! :-(

Prepregnancy weight: 162lbs
    Current weight: 182.1
    Pregnancy gain: 20.1lbs
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options
    I stumbled upon this board when I was looking for others who were TTC and lose weight at the same time. I hope you don't mind my jumping in on conversations/topics :)

My husband and I have been married for 4 years and have been TTC for 2 months now. I wanted to wait until I reached my goal weight, but we've waited long enough. Not to mention, I think becoming pregnant will only motivate me even more. I've lost almost 100lbs, but still have another 40ish to be where I want to be.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Welcome to the group dpage! Congrats on the weight loss that's amazing! Good luck as well with TTC. :-D
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am back from Mexico, and brought an extra 3 lbs with me :sad: It was an all-inclusive resort, so we ate and drank the days away. I have a feeling I may be able to drop it quickly though, since I didn't drink much water down there, and had quite a bit of salty food.

I am planning to get back into the workout mode now that we are back. I really need to drop a bit more before I get prego. We did the "baby dance" as much as possible:blushing: while gone....so maybe it will happen this month.

As for the question: We hope to have two, and no more than that. Hubby wants twins, so we can get it over and done with in one shot.

I hope you all had a great weekend. I need to spend some quality time catching up on the posts!

Mexico sounds so magical right now. :happy: So glad you had an awesome time! Your body will get back to normal fast and those 3lbs will drop sooner than you think!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I have an ultrasound, doctor's appointment, and glucose test tomorrow at 7:30 am!

prepreganancy weight: 138 lbs
    current weight: 164 lbs
    pregnancy gain: 26 lbs

yikes!

I have been working on a playroom for my girls down in the basement. My three year old is going to share her bedroom with the baby. We have 5 bedrooms in our house: one for us, one for each of our 13 year olds, one for my three year old and a guest bedroom on the first floor with it's own bathroom. I took all of my daughter's toy's downstairs and her room looks like it has been expanded! We bought her a pretty nice twin bed with drawers and shelves underneath and it will be delivered next week. She's excited because she picked her horses bed covers and has not been able to use it yet (except for the pillow). I'm going to decorate the playroom with a woodland/fairy theme. It's such a fun project!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    I lost 1 lbs! woohooo, after like 2 months, maybe I'm finally getting out of this rut.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Down 2 lbs this week!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I'm not sure how I managed that over the holiday weekend, but I'm not complaining!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss ladies!

Yessie75- sounds like a lot of fun! I love cleaning house and rearranging. We're still working on the babies room and I can't wait for it to be done. We're really struggling with deciding on paint. We have different opinions which makes it hard. haha. We bought a changing table off craigslist yesterday for $20. It's looks brand new and comes with a change pad that looks brand new. Total catch! :-)
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    OMG! I totally forgot to post that I called my OB office yesterday and my Glucose test was negative. :-) YAY! Need to start working hard on keeping my calories around 1800. I was really bad all of last week (including yesterday) It's always the dinner that gets me. *sigh today I'm hoping to be under, but we're having friends over and they're making chili dogs ... so I may be under calories, but not with completely healthy foods. *sigh. KICK MY BUTT if you notice my food diary looks lousy. I need someone to beat me up a little. haha
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Angela - YEAH!!!!! I am so happy your test came back negative, what a relief, I am sure.

I have to admit I am so inspired by all you pregnant ladies! You are all eatting so well, and being so good with watching what you eat. If you can do it while pregnant........I have to be able to do it now, since I don't even have cravings to blame!!
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    OMG! I totally forgot to post that I called my OB office yesterday and my Glucose test was negative. :-) YAY! Need to start working hard on keeping my calories around 1800. I was really bad all of last week (including yesterday) It's always the dinner that gets me. *sigh today I'm hoping to be under, but we're having friends over and they're making chili dogs ... so I may be under calories, but not with completely healthy foods. *sigh. KICK MY BUTT if you notice my food diary looks lousy. I need someone to beat me up a little. haha

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you - no more stressing out. :drinker:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

That's great!!! :bigsmile:
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Angela that's great news, I'm having mine done tomorrow :) I can't believe you found a changing table for $20, that's cool:glasses: We spent a lot of money on all our furniture, my husband is weird about that. He thinks the kids will take their whole bedroom set when they grow up and move out :bigsmile: I just let him be.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    So moving has been a long process, but now it's done - and we're working on getting our new place put together.

But tonight - tonight I got a call from my grandmother telling me that my mother (who I don't really speak to) is on her way to Vancouver to have organs removed in the hopes of surviving her stage III cervical cancer, which has spread to her lymph nodes - one doc gave her 6 months apparently.
    7 years ago she had surgery on her cervix, but then wasn't seeking treatment (her choice), but now that the reality of it all has hit, she's found the desire to live, and this is what's happening.
    I'm not looking for any sympathy, but I guess I needed to see it in writing, in a forum I feel safe in. Ladies - don't fear the pap.
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    Angela that's great news, I'm having mine done tomorrow :) I can't believe you found a changing table for $20, that's cool:glasses: We spent a lot of money on all our furniture, my husband is weird about that. He thinks the kids will take their whole bedroom set when they grow up and move out :bigsmile: I just let him be.

We got our changing table and crib for under $500 through Target.com. I'm a pretty clean lined modern person so I didn't want the big headboard and all that. I thought about getting the transition pieces as well, but I just didn't think it would make it that far....and our bedrooms sizes are not really setup to have a full bed with head and foot board.....I looked online at cragslist for a while and never found what I was looking for. I continue to go there for other stuff.

Good buy!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Good MOrning Ladies,

I forgot to weigh in yesterday so thought I'd post that today. I was disappointed to find that I'm still at 177 TOM came to visit so I'm hoping that i have lost weight but it's just currently the water weight. I really would like to get down to 160 before August but idk if I'll make it.

Shoppingqueen I love your pic.....too cute!

Angela: thanks for all the posts I enjoy reading them.
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    So moving has been a long process, but now it's done - and we're working on getting our new place put together.

But tonight - tonight I got a call from my grandmother telling me that my mother (who I don't really speak to) is on her way to Vancouver to have organs removed in the hopes of surviving her stage III cervical cancer, which has spread to her lymph nodes - one doc gave her 6 months apparently.
    7 years ago she had surgery on her cervix, but then wasn't seeking treatment (her choice), but now that the reality of it all has hit, she's found the desire to live, and this is what's happening.
    I'm not looking for any sympathy, but I guess I needed to see it in writing, in a forum I feel safe in. Ladies - don't fear the pap.

I'm really sorry to hear that, but you just wanted to vent, so I'll leave it at that.
    Speaking of paps, do we get to skip one when prego?
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

I'm really sorry to hear that, but you just wanted to vent, so I'll leave it at that.
    Speaking of paps, do we get to skip one when prego?

My doc did one at my second appointment (Feb 2010) to make sure everything was good down there. I had gotten an actual pap in Sept 09. So in my case - nope. the way I look at it....might as well get used to the "spread eagle" look. LOL :laugh: