Pregnancy 2010 - July

Options

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    So I had my OB appt and it went slightly better than I thought. According to their scale I only gained 3lbs in two weeks instead of the 5 1/2 my scale was saying ... but still! Errrrr

She was able to feel where he is positioned. He is right where he should be facing back, head down :-D YAY!

Also in exciting news, I recieved my prenatal cradle which I've been been waiting and waiting for! YAY! I put it on as soon as I got home, which was a little awkward to get on, but feels awesome so far! Super excited to see if it helps tomorrow at work ... now to get my feet to stop hurting ...
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    So I had my OB appt and it went slightly better than I thought. According to their scale I only gained 3lbs in two weeks instead of the 5 1/2 my scale was saying ... but still! Errrrr

She was able to feel where he is positioned. He is right where he should be facing back, head down :-D YAY!

Also in exciting news, I recieved my prenatal cradle which I've been been waiting and waiting for! YAY! I put it on as soon as I got home, which was a little awkward to get on, but feels awesome so far! Super excited to see if it helps tomorrow at work ... now to get my feet to stop hurting ...

Angela - how frequently are you going to the doctor right now? I'm just starting the every 2 weeks appointment. I have another appt next Tuesday. My doc usually measures me, asks me some questions, listens to the heartbeat and that's about it. Maybe I should ask her to see if she can tell where she is positioned.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, you cant leave once you have the babies. We wont know who to turn to for advice. I am really hoping some of the others who are TTC are able to conceive around the same time I do...so we have a team like you ladies did,

Angela - What is a prenatal cradle?
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    shoppingqueen - Yesterday was my first 2 week appt, so it's every 2 weeks for the next 4 weeks then every week I believe. My OB usually checks Ayden's heart beat, measures me, answers questions, and then this time I asked if she knows where he's positioned. The way he pushes and kicks is so strange since they are so scrunched up in there, so we were curious if he was where we thought he was. The little bottom sticking out was hard to miss so we were right. :-)
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I keep forgetting to take my pill every night - hubby has to remind me. :blushing: He thinks I'm doing it on purpose but I honeslty forget. But the good news is I'm down one pound this week! :bigsmile:

Angela - this might be a stupid question, but what's a prenatal cradle?
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    prepreganancy weight: 138 lbs
    current weight: 165.5 lbs
    pregnancy gain: 27.5 lbs

gained 1.5 lbs this week.

I redeemed myself from that bad lunch choice yesterday and went to an extra zumba class last night. I still had a hard time sleeping: it was a combination of a stomachache, heartburn, crazy legs (restless leg syndrome), and insomnia. I finally went to the guest room downstrairs so my husband can get some sleep. Poor thing has to suffer through my tossing and turning all night and then go to work, at least I can take a nap later in the day.

I'm starting my two week appointments next week.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this am and I'm convinced my scale is off i weighed in yesterday and it was 179 and this am i was177 so I don't have an exact weigh in this week :(
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    I was wondering what the prenatal cradel is too. What does it help?
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what the prenatal cradel is too. What does it help?

Isn't it a sling that you wear around your belly to prevent it from "drooping" and causing pain? Kind of like a big elastic belt to hold everything in...If I am thinking of the right thing...
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    For those wondering about the prenatal cradle:

http://prenatalcradle.com/

You can look at them at the website above (I bought mine on Amazon for much cheaper) It's the full brace that goes around the shoulders etc. It lifts the belly (much like grabbing your stomach and lifting up) it helps with stomach ligament stretching, circulation, vericose veins and best is for the back pain! I've had it on all day and so far love it! :-D

They sell the belts, but I can't imagine that would do much ... seems like it would just put pressure on the area and not actually lift anything that would relieve the symptoms.
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm sorry I have been MIA stinking Anatomy class at least its only a 6 week course. I need a poke/support from you guys I haven't been tracking consistently can someone nudge me when its been a while.

Quick Rant: I linked MFP with my facebook and now that I am pregnant I am dealing with all kinds of negative comments when MFP posts that I am under my calorie goal but I have 1700-1800 calories on average I just can't reach 1900. Anyways I want to tell them, Hey stupid I only need an extra 300 and I eat when I am hungry I am not starving myself or my baby! Okay I feel better I need to unlink MFP I only did it so it would remind me hey you haven't logged in 3 days etc...

Sorry for the looong post. Hope all the TTC girls get lucky this month and for the fellow pregnant gals hope you have a good week and the baby is nice to your tummys.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I was curious about the facebook tracking. Sounds like it might not be worth it. lol, maybe after the baby is born?
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    Angela...love love the new picture. Really, I don't know what's wrong with that lady, you just have a belly that juts out, everything else still looks like your before preggo picture. Maybe she's just a little vision challenged or something.

Caliwaters...I wouldn't worry about it and I'd probably remove the linking, you know what you are doing is healthy.

I don't think I'd do the facebook tracking. There's so many negative people out there that'll just be jealous. I can just see it.... "Oh, I see you have 400 calories left for dinner, how about we go out." Next thing you know your dinner was 800 calories.
    We are doing this for us and we feel good doing it. Oh well, that's just my opinion!
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Love the pic Angela!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I think what her issue was is probably that the last time she saw me was 50lbs ago and before the double chin lol
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love the new pic Angela!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Angela, I love your new pic!!!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Angela- Cute Picture. I have to start changing my picture. I think I might finally have a bump.

I would suggest to not do the FB tracking at all even after the baby just because there will always be negative people out there.

I weighed in today

CW 167
    SW 164

Its not that bad for 2nd trimester but I have eating poorly. Summer has hit and its hard not to stop by Jamba Juice or get a chocolate scoop of ice cream.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I can't believe how much Ayden is moving! It's definately no longer kicks and punches but a leg sliding across my belly or him pushing his butt out while trying to rearrange his limbs. It feels so crazy and yesterday actually made me a little dizzy. My hubby was so excited to feel how different it is. :-)

FOODS THAT QUITE PREGNANCY COMPLAINTS:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/107252-artichokes-help-pregnancy-complaints-healthiest-foods-du