Pregnancy 2010 - July

Options

Replies

• paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    So I took the nasty "sugar test" yesterday. And one of the symptoms I've been having lately is thirst. I've always been bad about drinking water so early in the pregnancy I just assumed I was dehydrated, but the last week or so I've been really really good about getting 8-10 cupes of water a day, but still feel super thirsty ... lips cracking etc. So I started to wonder if it was from the season change, but when I saw my OB and asked her about it she gave me "the look" and said that we'll just wait on my Glucose test result. :-( Come to find out that's a sign of it. :-( So now I"m extra worried because that's one of the main things I've been worried about this whole time. I don't want an unhealthy pregnancy. I don't want to put my baby at risk. :'-(

Don't worry too much! I've seen your food log, you are eating great! If you do end up with diabetes, it'll probably just be a pregnancy side effect, and nothing else. It's unfortune that it happens, but at least you aren't pigging out on chocolate to make it happen.
    I'm not a big fan of your OB frankly. She's not supposed to scare people like that. Having a baby is worrying enough.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Wow it's July already?

challenge question: hubby and I want 2 kids. Originally I wanted 3 and he wanted 1, we ended up compromising on 2.
  • ron2282
    Options
    I lost 2.6 lbs this week!!! It's been a LONG time since I've seen more than .5 a pound coming off on the scale. I'm so excited!

I was worried because I had to weigh in a day earlier than usual because I'm leaving for the beach this afternoon. So I will catch up with you ladies on Monday! Have a wonderful 4th! :flowerforyou:

That's great!!! Have a good time at the beach.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Challenge ?- I want two....mostly because Bill Cosby says that you aren't really a parent if you only have one kid....if something breaks, you know who did it. Just kidding...I've just always thought 2 would be right. Hubby is lobbying for 3--we'll see--we gotta get a #2 here first. :-) Goal this month: an average of 2.5 miles per day walking, remembering to take my vitamins and 8 glasses of water. Whew!
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Trying to concieve? Are you guys crazy? I have 4 teenagers in my house that I can send over to provide you some mental birth control if you guys want.

My wifes favorite quote:
    No matter how calmly you try to referee, parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I'm not talking about the kids. ~Bill Cosby, Fatherhood, 1986
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
  • ron2282
    Options

I read every one. Keep them coming!!! :happy:
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm back! We had a WONDERFUL, RELAXING time!! I needed to get away! And all I'll say is I'm glad I had a big loss last week because we ate really badly this weekend! Oh well, it was so much fun! We were so blessed because when we checked into our room we found out we had been upgraded to an oceanfront room with a balcony! I was SOO happy! It was so nice to wake up and sit and listen to the ocean :happy: Needless to say I did not want to come home!!

I guess none of us first timers TTC have had good news so far - AF hit yesterday :cry: Oh well, we'll just keep trying :wink:

Yes, Angela, I read them!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I have a feeling all you gals TTC are going to conceive the same month. haha ;-) Good luck, hope everyone had a good weekend!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    It's supposed to be mid 80's this week in Seattle ... that's going to make it so hard to workout at 7 months pregnant! :-( For all you ladies living in hot areas what are you doing for exercise? I have a swimming pool at our gym, but I'm worried it's going to get busy in this hot weather!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to be mid 80's this week in Seattle ... that's going to make it so hard to workout at 7 months pregnant! :-( For all you ladies living in hot areas what are you doing for exercise? I have a swimming pool at our gym, but I'm worried it's going to get busy in this hot weather!

It's been upper 90s here...gotta love the Georgia weather...so I stay inside to exercise! I have Zumba DVDs which I LOVE :heart: I rarely go outside to exercise, unless it's just yard work! We also have a treadmill so that helps, but mostly I do different dvds. I get bored easily on the treadmill.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I do the working out indoors thing too with the ac and/or fan on. You have to with the 90+ degree weather we've been having. I'm sweating like a pig, but still getting my work out in!
  • ron2282
    Options

It's in the upper 90's here in PA. I got up and went for a run at 7am - the heat wasn't so bad at that time. If I work out tonight, it will be with a DVD in my air conditioned living room!
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    How do I join this group? We are not TTC yet but we would like to in 2 years but before we even try I need to get down to 160 pounds.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    How do I join this group? We are not TTC yet but we would like to in 2 years but before we even try I need to get down to 160 pounds.

you can just pop right into the conversations. :-) Most people weigh in weekly. I think most people do Wednesday, but you can weigh in any day of the week that you prefer (or time of the month). We start a new topic each month and usually have a monthly chalange. You can view page one to see this months. Welcome to the group and good luck on reaching your goal! :-)
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    speaking of challenges, this week I am at 1/7 for drinking water and 1/5 for exercise. I like to start my weeks on Mondays. :-) I had a bad weekend food and exercise wise so I'm worried about my weigh-in tomorrow. :-(
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    hope everyone had a great 4th. It rained here, but stopped just in time for the fireworks, so that was good.
    Yes, Angela I read them all, please keep them coming.
    Welcome to all the new people.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am back from Mexico, and brought an extra 3 lbs with me :sad: It was an all-inclusive resort, so we ate and drank the days away. I have a feeling I may be able to drop it quickly though, since I didn't drink much water down there, and had quite a bit of salty food.

I am planning to get back into the workout mode now that we are back. I really need to drop a bit more before I get prego. We did the "baby dance" as much as possible:blushing: while gone....so maybe it will happen this month.

As for the question: We hope to have two, and no more than that. Hubby wants twins, so we can get it over and done with in one shot.

I hope you all had a great weekend. I need to spend some quality time catching up on the posts!
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Went to the doc this morning....I am the most boring preggers person ever. :laugh: Everything was fine, up 3 lbs from last doc appointment 3 weeks ago. So I'm still on track with weight gain. 33 weeks = 23lbs weight gain. I think I'm doing good. I'm surprised that I didn't gain more. I ate a ton this weekend due to the holiday weekend. Guess my kid is sucking everything from me.....

Had the oddest dream last night that I wasn't pregnant anymore, I fit into my jeans 2 weeks after having her and I was upset that I wasn't pregnant.......I missed it. I think that is my mind telling me to slow down and enjoy these last 7 weeks. I know they are going to fly by.

My second baby shower is this Sunday, so the hubby and I are trying to get the nursery done. I'll post pictures when it's done, so cool looking!