Pregnancy 2010 - July

Options

Replies

• dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options
    Does everyone have symptoms early on? I am 11 DPO and honestly I am scared to test, becuase I don't want the dissapointment. I have promised myself not to test until the day AF is supposed to come. However, I haven't noticed any symptoms of pregnancy. Is this an automatic sure sign, or do lots of women have no symptoms this early?

I too am 11 DPO and am scared to test as well. I have had some symptoms though, but don't want to get my hopes up. Why can't TTC be just a little easier :ohwell:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Thanks Angela! Amazingly enough I am eating alot of the 1st trimester foods already, I just bought a big thing of asparagus as it sounds good. :bigsmile: (minus the anchovies though, I am not sure I could bring myself to eat them...:laugh: )

As far as TTC, it seems to be harder when you want it. I tried for a year to get my son, resorting to accupressure, and temping to actually conceive... this time we just weren't careful enough. :noway: I wish you all happy conception thoughts :blushing:
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    thanks for the new tips Angela. I'd never heard of buckwheat before.
    I'm curious though, a lot of these foods seem to have the natural versions of everything we need for a healthy pregnancy. So are vitamin and folic acid supplements still needed?
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about that too. I talked to my doc about my not tolerating prenatal vitamins very well and asked if eating a healthy diet recommended for pregnancy was enough and she still asked that I take a multivitamin .. so we switched to childrens gummy vitamins and I double the dose. :-)
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Does everyone have symptoms early on? I am 11 DPO and honestly I am scared to test, becuase I don't want the dissapointment. I have promised myself not to test until the day AF is supposed to come. However, I haven't noticed any symptoms of pregnancy. Is this an automatic sure sign, or do lots of women have no symptoms this early?

I too am 11 DPO and am scared to test as well. I have had some symptoms though, but don't want to get my hopes up. Why can't TTC be just a little easier :ohwell:

I totally agree that this should be easier. Got a BFN this morning. Month two now over and done with. On to month 3:ohwell:
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! It's been awhile, I was just reading to catch up. Sorry I've been MIA. We found out the end of June that the baby had passed and I had to have a D&C. So I took some time off from dieting and eat the crap out of my feelings! Now I'm trying to get back on track. So here I am ready to start all over again!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options

I totally agree that this should be easier. Got a BFN this morning. Month two now over and done with. On to month 3:ohwell:

I got a BFN this morning too. Never would I have thought that TTC would be such an emotional roller coaster. No offense to anyone but, I now see why more often then not babies are NOT planned. Sorry for your BFN hun, we just gotta keep chugging along and wait for *our* moment. :flowerforyou:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! It's been awhile, I was just reading to catch up. Sorry I've been MIA. We found out the end of June that the baby had passed and I had to have a D&C. So I took some time off from dieting and eat the crap out of my feelings! Now I'm trying to get back on track. So here I am ready to start all over again!
    Jenn I am so sorry to hear that. Kudos to you for getting back at it, but I've been there and it sucks. I wish the best for you!
  • monkeyfood
    monkeyfood Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm glad I found this post.. I hope you all don't mind I invited myself. My hubby and I have been trying for awhile, and I decided that I need to start taking care of myself before conceiving so we went back on the pill, and I will go off again when I've reached my goal weight.
    I want to give my baby the best start possible, and I want to be a cute little mom :)

My name is Mandy by the way.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Hi Mandy and Welcome! Good luck!
  • oAngieMaeo
    oAngieMaeo Posts: 67
    Options
    This is a cool group!
    I just recently found out I'm pregnant with our 2nd. My daughter is 2 1/2 now. And I gained tons of weight with her. This time around, I plan on gaining hardly any. I joined MFP Jan. 2010 and have dropped 42 lbs. So I will continue to use this while I am pregnant and after to lose even more and get to my goal weight!!
  • jalara
    Options
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options

WOW, thanks for sharing. I don't even look that good now, let alone when 34 weeks pregnant. Good for her!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    that was hilarious! Thanks for sharing!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi everyone, I haven't been logging in the past few days. My father in law is passing away and we're traveling to see him 2 to 3 times a week. he just have days left, but it's ready to go. Talk to you guys soon
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hey girls I am so excited I wanted to share with you all I got to hear the heartbeat today! And I found out that I don't drink enough water I need to have 16 cups a day a whole gallon a day yikes. I guess the challenge for those ttc should be drink 8 glasses of water and get used to it LOL. Have a great week everyone.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Jarla – that was the funniest thing I’ve seen all week!!!

Yessie – I’m so sorry about you’re father-in-law. I lost my dad 3 1/2 years ago, I’ll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers

Caliwaters – that’s so great!!!! I can’t imagine what amazing feeling that must be. 16 cups of water? I had a hard time getting 8 in!

My doctor gave me the green light to start TTC!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: He cautioned me against it before because of my weight and the complications I would have because of my weight and health. But losing 34 pounds has taken me out of the “obese” category and put my blood pressure and cholesterol within the healthy range and I’m no longer borderline diabetic. Which means NO MEDICATIONS!!! :smile: So it was a very good week! We're still going to wait until Christmas to start TTC but I’m so happy that I got the green light. That gives me even more motivation to get rid of these last 20 pound before we start trying.
  • jalara
    Options
    Yessie - I'm so sorry to hear. My condolences and prayers are with your family right now.

Cali - that's so wonderful! I"m really looking forward to being in that place. I'm so happy for you. Was your husband with you?

So I found this water calculator - it asks the most questions of any of the other ones I've found. http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

Ron - so exciting!!!!! You're such an inspiration!

The wedding countdown is now in the days - no more months. It's coming quick!!!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Jalara - Yay it's so close!

Yessie – I’m so sorry about you’re father-in-law. Will be praying for your family.

Caliwaters – 16 cups of water?! Is that supposed to be including the water in food?