Anyone doing the 30 Day Shred right now?

Options

Replies

• ProjectHappyHealthy
    ProjectHappyHealthy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm on day three of level one. I'd love to meet/friend others doing this too for support! :)
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options
    I am alittle nervous to start it. I have the dvd, I am not sure why but I am. And yes I do realize how silly that sounds.
  • kdmbennett
    kdmbennett Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 4 for me.
  • floppybackend
    floppybackend Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I see no harm of swapping dvds as long as its a workout is good. Personally, I found it almost impossible to do day after day with children in the house, work etc, its impossible. If like me you are overweight and unfit then the first few days were agony and I had to have days off to recover. I have never managed to get past level 1 as I felt I wasn't fit enough to move on.

I found it bored the sense out of me. I was combining it with other high impact dvds.

With commitments (& illness etc) I'm struggling and havent done it for 2 weeks now!

Unsure whether I have the motivation to go back to it - I admire those who can do 30 days consecutively.
  • deleybear
    deleybear Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Doing this for the second time round as well as the blogilates april calendar and lots of walking or zumba. Never had such results as with the 30 day shred so don't forget to take measurements, I lost 5 inches from most areas within 2 weeks! I'm doing ripped in 30 after this then insanity. Good luck :)
  • floppybackend
    floppybackend Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    One question that bugs me - I have tried level 2 but its too hard and I failed to do the blanks etc. Surely if your fitness level isnt up to it then there is no benefit and skipping bits really cant be good - yr not calorie burning or building strength.

What I cant understand is those who do it in 30 days - surely these people must be fit and strong?
  • leahd150
    leahd150 Posts: 17
    Options
    I've done it before.n doing again now..2nd day on level 1
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    today was day 20 for me!

@floppybackend: I do what I can. If I can't plank all the way through, I substitute another cardio or strength move. I do push ups against the wall. I use 3 lb weights and box.

I feel myself getting stronger and stronger. As long as I keep moving, do SOMETHING, even if it is not exactly the way she does it, for 20 minutes, I count it a win.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    Today is day 2 of Level 3! I'm doing Ripped in 30 after that. Just to say - I hated Level 2. Maybe I wasn't dedicated enough that week (I wasn't - I know I wasn't) but I just couldn't get into it! With level 3 I've come back with a vengance, and its hard. REALLY hard, but I know it will be worth it. I've lost 4lbs, and an inch off my waist. I can't remember the rest of my measurements, but its SO WORTH IT!

^THIS!!!

level 1 I lost 1.9 pounds and 14 inches total (2 inches off muffin top)
    level 1 I lost 1.1 pounds and 5.75 inches total (1 inch off muffin top)

I am LOVING level 3 so far. completed day 3 of level 3 today.
  • emmacssmith
    emmacssmith Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try it but my apartment is TINY and I'd have to watch it on my computer... seems like a lot of people are talking about it though, maybe I'll clear some space and give it a shot.
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Day 9 level 1 today!!
  • waytogoraus
    Options
    Just finished the last day of level 1 and on to level 2 tomorrow! Feel free to add me!
  • JessicaHeathfield
    JessicaHeathfield Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10 of level 1 today, I've hurt my back pretty bad so I'm taking a rest in between so I don't have it worse.
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    anyone looking for additional support besides just a friends list there are a few 30DS groups on here that may be helpful for some. Happy Shredding! please anyone feel free to add me and we can shred together
  • zefreak
    zefreak Posts: 37
    Options
    I am on day 4 level 1, plus doing extra cardio too. I did do a few sessions of it last week too just to get my body use to it before going hard out :)
  • zefreak
    Options
    I'd like to try it but my apartment is TINY and I'd have to watch it on my computer... seems like a lot of people are talking about it though, maybe I'll clear some space and give it a shot.

You don't need alot of space to do the first level (Not sure about other levels yet), and I watch it off my laptop and its fine :) I mostly just listen to it though to see when to change onto the next exercise :)
  • zefreak
    Options
    One question that bugs me - I have tried level 2 but its too hard and I failed to do the blanks etc. Surely if your fitness level isnt up to it then there is no benefit and skipping bits really cant be good - yr not calorie burning or building strength.

What I cant understand is those who do it in 30 days - surely these people must be fit and strong?

You don't HAVE to move on if you don't want to :) It might take longer to get through it but you will feel much better about it.

I think it is for those who are generally fit and do alot of strength work already, for toning up etc BUT it can't hurt if you are not already :D Some exercise is better than no exercise
  • prettyeyez55
    prettyeyez55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i am going to start tonight!! friend and we can do this together!!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am starting this tonight. I did it last year and did about 20 days of it and lost a lot of inches. I can't wait till i do this and finish it! I am doing this on my off days from my 5k running training.
  • lilunsure
    lilunsure Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing this too. Did day 9 of level 2 today. Always looking for friends to support and motivate each other.... anyone feel free to add me...