Insanity

Options

Replies

• johnnygizmo
    johnnygizmo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @abhayab4...no. If you want to lose weight leave your calories where they are or even go down to 1500. You need to create a calorie deficit to lose weight, and Insanity actually doesn't burn as many calories as many people think! Its the after burn where all the results are. I can say this with complete confidence because i went from 208 pounds to 174 doing turbo fire (beachbody programsimilar to insanity) and I ate 1200-1500 calories that whole time.

well even tho they are being burned post workout, thats still calories burned.

I'm pleased for you that you lost weight in your experience, but it does not prove that it produces a better outcome then the calorie recommendations in the nutrition guide.

To sort of counter point the above, if your far from your ideal weight then a huge calorie defecit can be beneficial, but as you get closer to a healthy weight it maybe counter productive and make it take that much longer or even impossible to get the body you want.

I'm 50 pounds down and have 20 to go. I knew my restricted diet needed changed and coinciding that with INSANITY was the perfect time. It is a little hard getting in all the protein without too much fat though.
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Month 2 week 2! Love it, wish that I would see more results in my lower abdomen but I've had great results with my arms and legs!!!!
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    Finishing up the second round :)
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I am in day 2 of Insanity the Asylum Volume 1. i completed insanity in january =) Love it!
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    In week 6 now. Ready for it to be over because it's not my favorite. But I've seen big results....which is why I keep at it.
  • AHealthyMe1lbAtATime
    AHealthyMe1lbAtATime Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was doing it last summer till I injured my back:( Too scared to do it again, because I don't want to flare my back up again:/
  • Abbygirl43
    Options
    Did the fit test yesterday and that was a butt kicker:smile: I'm excited to move on to the next video!
  • Abbygirl43
    Options
    I am in day 2 of Insanity the Asylum Volume 1. i completed insanity in january =) Love it!

How does that compare to Insanity? Tougher?
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    about to start Insanity month two next week feel free to add me.....

I'm a beachbody coach as well........
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options

How does that compare to Insanity? Tougher?

I don't know if tougher is the word. It is def the graduated program. I love Asylum and feel like it is a more all around program but I still struggle with Insanity sometimes...
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    @abhayab4...no. If you want to lose weight leave your calories where they are or even go down to 1500. You need to create a calorie deficit to lose weight, and Insanity actually doesn't burn as many calories as many people think! Its the after burn where all the results are. I can say this with complete confidence because i went from 208 pounds to 174 doing turbo fire (beachbody programsimilar to insanity) and I ate 1200-1500 calories that whole time.

well even tho they are being burned post workout, thats still calories burned.

I'm pleased for you that you lost weight in your experience, but it does not prove that it produces a better outcome then the calorie recommendations in the nutrition guide.

To sort of counter point the above, if your far from your ideal weight then a huge calorie defecit can be beneficial, but as you get closer to a healthy weight it maybe counter productive and make it take that much longer or even impossible to get the body you want.

I'm 50 pounds down and have 20 to go. I knew my restricted diet needed changed and coinciding that with INSANITY was the perfect time. It is a little hard getting in all the protein without too much fat though.

agreed. whey protein supplimentation is a very popular route here.

a very lean cut of chicken breats is actually very close to the nutritional profile of most whey, but doing it with way is a lot easier (no cooking), and is WAY cheaper.

obviously i'm not saying get it all from suppliments, hence the name suppliment lol. get as much protein from chicken and (gasp) red meat as you can fit into your macros and daily routine.
  • cheerbabe080790
    cheerbabe080790 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Chngingme...."Oh my. I've done Turbo Fire. It is in no way similar to insanity. TF is a walk in the park... You have to up your calories as you progress in the Insanity program. 1200 is enough for TF. 1200 is not nearly enough for Insanity
    [/quote]"

I dont personally agree. TF and Insanity are both HIIT/ kickboxing/ plyo workouts. They are actually very similar. TF can get easy if you don't keep pushing...adding jumping, going higher, going faster. I would add a HIIT or two on to regular days as I progressed in fitness. Also if you add hand weights, first 1lb, then 2, and 3 so on, it can get really difficult! I don't honestly think Insanity is any easier or harder. Im doing it right now, again, and while it's challenging... I don't find that I need a 1700 calorie diet. I eat 1200-1500, and that is giving me enough sustenance and energy. Of course everyone is different, I was merely commenting because she was around the same weight I was when I started. If 1700+ works and she can lose weight and feel good, then by all means go ahead.
  • dcander2
    dcander2 Posts: 19
    Options
    Started this morning.. hoping to actually stick with it through the end!

I've tried doing it about 3x and always end up stopping! UGHHH
  • rachaelnicole1719
    Options
    I am on day 9 and this is the hardest work out I have ever done, I've thrown up and cried but still push through it. I'm just on week 2 and already have lost inches, its exactly what is insane but it works.
  • brblja5
    brblja5 Posts: 4
    Options
    i'm finished 1st week :) i love it, a little obsessed with it... i took pictures first day and after a week and i can already see my body changing :) so motivated..

keep pushing all of you :) hugs
  • BoltzNBrew
    BoltzNBrew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Pure Cardio Kicked butt again last night but I did more reps throughout and only had to stop a couple time during warmups so there is improvement already. Plyo tonight...yay...
  • BoltzNBrew
    BoltzNBrew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Curse you Plyo Cardio Circuit. Curse you.
  • Kelley_B
    Kelley_B Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My trainer is having me try it out tomorrow! (Thursday)
    I'm a little nervous! Push-ups aren't really... you know... my thing. I mean, they're MY thing, they're just not my arms' thing.
    He says I can modify them; I just get nervous about not being able to do it.
  • delvin2
    delvin2 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My trainer is having me try it out tomorrow! (Thursday)
    I'm a little nervous! Push-ups aren't really... you know... my thing. I mean, they're MY thing, they're just not my arms' thing.
    He says I can modify them; I just get nervous about not being able to do it.

I hope it went well. My wife and I enjoy Insanity.
  • star4692
    star4692 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started on Sunday, it is really a hard challenge for me. I am about 60 pounds over weight ..... so Insanity is a struggle for me. I became very nausea tonight while doing it. However, I am not ready to give-up.