What is your daily calorie allowance?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Adelegervais
    Adelegervais Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Look up the Harris Benedict Equation and that will give you the most accurate calorie count.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    5'7" 25 year old female. I weigh 159. I eat 1290 calories a day. right now I have an annoying medical issue preventing my usual workout. (running) When I am able to work out I eat back anywhere from 33-50% of my earned exercise cals.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    ...your body will go into starvation mode, store fat to give you energy for the lack of eating, this too happens if you skip meals.

no. you don't go into starvation mode if you skip meals. feel free to eat, or not eat, whenever you want, just stay under your caloric goal. In fact, some people prefer not to eat all day and get the bulk of their calories in the evening and they do just fine.
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    1700. I end up eating between 1500 and 1900 typically. I don't eat back my exercise calories and I work out 4-7 days a week (3 of which are heavy lifting). I'm 5'1, 136lbs and aiming to be at 125-130lbs (getting close!).
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This question is mainly for women! I was wondering what your daily calorie goal is. Also, please include your height, how much you work out, and, if you're comfortable, how much you weigh.

I think I'm eating too few calories but I'd like to see what others are doing!

Thanks ladies!

My daily calorie goal is 1380 try to keep between (1200-1400) calories daily. Although it is quite impossible for me to keep it at 1200 I'm starving.

Height - 5'3"
    Workout - 1-2x daily including running and combat fitness classes.
    CW - 163.6
    GW - 145.0
  • awaywego1
    awaywego1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    CW-133
    GW-121

I'm 5 2" and Female.
    I dont exercise regularly due to health problems, i have a very sedentary job (sitting), i do try to walk a little at weekends. I've been on 1200 for the past 2 weeks, i don't think its working for me, today i feel terrible-no energy, heavy limbs etc. I'm going to put my cals up a bit and see what happens.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I calculated mine using this calculator from funeralformyfat! Forgot what her MFP name is but here's her tumblr and direct link to the calculator!

http://funeralformyfat.tumblr.com/eatingenough

Mine is around 1400 with no exercise. When I work out, I eat extra calories that equals the amount that I burnt. Mine is set to lose about 0.5-1kg per week! I don't feel hungry all the time with this calorie goal and still manage to lose some weight (when i do stick to it :/ )

According to that link I should be eating 1251 calories per day (which includes light exercise). MFP says 1200 plus exercise. I do around 20 minutes every day on my exercise bike, which is around 120. So 120 plus 1200 equals 1320. Not much difference I suppose.

There are so many links giving different calculations it's very hard deciding which one is right!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I calculated mine using this calculator from funeralformyfat! Forgot what her MFP name is but here's her tumblr and direct link to the calculator!

http://funeralformyfat.tumblr.com/eatingenough

Mine is around 1400 with no exercise. When I work out, I eat extra calories that equals the amount that I burnt. Mine is set to lose about 0.5-1kg per week! I don't feel hungry all the time with this calorie goal and still manage to lose some weight (when i do stick to it :/ )

According to that link I should be eating 1251 calories per day (which includes light exercise). MFP says 1200 plus exercise. I do around 20 minutes every day on my exercise bike, which is around 120. So 120 plus 1200 equals 1320. Not much difference I suppose.

There are so many links giving different calculations it's very hard deciding which one is right!

Eat an average of all the different calculations.
  • hannahpark3r
    hannahpark3r Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1500. Every calculator I've ever done says I should be eating around 1800-1900 to lose, but I'm not comfortable with that.
    I'm 5'3 and last I weighed myself I was at 198. Goal weight around 120.
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4, have an office job which means I am sat for up to 10 hours of the day.. so aim to keep my calories at about 900 per day.