Peanut butter

Options
13»

Replies

• kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    I make my own.. research what's allowed to be in peanut butter and you may never eat it again.

I blend raw peanuts (unsalted) and add in a tiny bit of oil or water if it needs it. I make smaller batches at a time so it doesn't go bad. I prefer homemade peanut butter and will never consume commerically made peanut butter again.

I have also made my own form of PB2. I grind peanuts really small and mix in a bit of cocoa powder. I just add a bit of water when I want some peanut butter.

Thanks for the info i may try that and add like almonds too so i have the best of both worlds haha
  • kliermann
    Options
    peanut butter is good for smearing all over the body.

This wouldn't work for me. My dog licks peanut butter off my fingers, I can't even imagine getting tackled by him and getting slobbered on.

And I just love the cheapest peanut butter at the store, that has the oil separation.

Alright I seen the oil seperated ones why do they do that? is it more healthy???

Generally speaking....oil on top means less/no processing to the product....so this is a good thing...just got a stir it back in.

Or, if you are like me, and like thicker peanut butter, you can always pour it off.

And for those that are worried about fat, it will decrease the fat a bit (probably not a whole lot, though).

Yea i prefer thick peanut butter with celery or apples haha dont eat it on bread much im not a big bread person...dont watch carbs or nothin just dont eat much....well unless im grubbin brats then im eatina lot but other wise no :P
  • kliermann
    Options
    oops
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I use all natural peanut butter (from Smuckers). Only ingredients are peanuts and less than 1% salt. It's very healthy. Yes, peanut butter is high in fat (and therefore calories), but it's healthy fat. There's absolutely nothing wrong with eating peanut butter in moderation. I eat it at least once a day!

This! It is my absolute favorite peanut butter. I can't eat the standard peanut butters that aren't all natural. They taste too smooth and sweet and gross to me. But my sister loves them, and she's still losing weight, so each to their own!
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I eat Jif's natural peanut butter almost every morning with my breakfast. I've managed to lose 34 lbs so I don't believe all that talk about not being able to eat it. Everything has to be in moderation though.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Make your own, or buy any brand that has only peanuts and salt in the ingredient list. Adams is my favorite.
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I toss a little PB2 in my smoothies. PB2 is powdered peanut butter with much of the fat removed.

http://www.bellplantation.com/products/1-case-jar-pb2.html

This! ^^ 45 calories per two tablespoons.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    have you tried Almond Butter..extremely healthy!
    honestly i didnt know thay made it...I will have to look into that as well cause I do eat almonds.

They make butters from just about any seed or nut, if you know where to look. Check the "Natural Foods" or "organic" section of your supermarket, or your local Whole Foods/Earth Fare/Trader Joe's.

Basically, you can make butter out of just about any seed or nut by grinding it up for a while until you get a pastey consistency.
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    MyProtein: http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/peanut-butter/10530743.html
    Meridian: http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/583204_Meridian_Peanut_Butter_Smooth_with_Salt_1_kg.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shop&utm_campaign=feed&gclid=CODrvf24xbYCFWfJtAodF04AkA

Both are just UK available brands of natural peanut butter without salt or sugar.

In the US, I think PB2 and Whole Earth are your best choices. Look for the ones without added sugar, salt or palm oil.

I eat about 2-3 tablespoons a day of PB in protein shakes, on toast, just off the spoon. It wont make you gain weight anymore than any other kind of food
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Or, if you are like me, and like thicker peanut butter, you can always pour it off.

And for those that are worried about fat, it will decrease the fat a bit (probably not a whole lot, though).

Yea i prefer thick peanut butter with celery or apples haha dont eat it on bread much im not a big bread person...dont watch carbs or nothin just dont eat much....well unless im grubbin brats then im eatina lot but other wise no :P

I LOVE apples and peanut butter! But then again, I just love peanut butter in general. . . and apples. LOL
  • kliermann
    Options
    yea I lost about 40 lbs of fat eating it when I was deployed the first time i would eat it with A LOT of celery haha but then while i was bulking up on my second deployment i used it and gained 30 lbs of muscle both times i wasnt watching my calorie intake just what i ate you know
    I eat Jif's natural peanut butter almost every morning with my breakfast. I've managed to lose 34 lbs so I don't believe all that talk about not being able to eat it. Everything has to be in moderation though.
  • kliermann
    Options

I LOVE apples and peanut butter! But then again, I just love peanut butter in general. . . and apples. LOL

haha yea i get like moods for it ill eat it after not eating it for a while then im like an addict then i just stop for some reason lol so to speak with all that lol
  • kliermann
    Options
    have you tried Almond Butter..extremely healthy!
    honestly i didnt know thay made it...I will have to look into that as well cause I do eat almonds.

They make butters from just about any seed or nut, if you know where to look. Check the "Natural Foods" or "organic" section of your supermarket, or your local Whole Foods/Earth Fare/Trader Joe's.

Basically, you can make butter out of just about any seed or nut by grinding it up for a while until you get a pastey consistency.

Thanks!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I've switched to Natural peanut butter. It has less fat & less calories but it's still in moderation. I'll add it sometimes to smoothies but just a tsp. PB is so good but it needs to still be in moderation.

Are you talking about the one that looks like it has an inch of oil on the top?

Just log the stirring as a workout. I've been eating Smucker's natural for so long that the regular stuff is too sweet now. I was a huge Jif fan til a few years ago. Literally huge.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Loooove PB2. I am a peanut butter addict, and PB2 has been such a great way to cut back on all those extra calories.

I have a banana wrap every day. One small whole-wheat tortilla, spread 2 tbsp of PB2 on it, add a dash of cinnamon and wrap it around a banana.

SO good and with PB2 it's only about 230 calories and very filling.
  • kliermann
    Options
    Loooove PB2. I am a peanut butter addict, and PB2 has been such a great way to cut back on all those extra calories.

I have a banana wrap every day. One small whole-wheat tortilla, spread 2 tbsp of PB2 on it, add a dash of cinnamon and wrap it around a banana.

SO good and with PB2 it's only about 230 calories and very filling.

Wow that sounds AMAZING wish i wasnt at work now haha I wanna try it and i shall this weekend! :D
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Aside from all naural peanut butter having the least amount of ingredients in it, I think it's only peanuts actually, I swear by Smart Balance with Omega peanut butter. It has very few ingredients in, I think only 4 or 5 ingredients. I only like Crunchy peanut butter & I haven't found all natural crunchy peanut butter yet, at least in my area.
  • fxgs
    fxgs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love it! I eat it every day, buy a small tub of natural, homemade at our local farmers market.