Avocado... What to do with it?

Options

Replies

• moodyshannon15
    moodyshannon15 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love avocados!! I put them in salads, on sandwiches, make guacamole, in chicken salad. They add a wonderful creaminess!
  • Warriorjen
    Options
    Try it diced with cucumber, cilantro and lime. Or cut it in half, remove pit and fill with low fat cottage cheese.
  • rachellefitz
    Options
    Mash avocado and use it in place of mayo in egg salad.

I do this as a substitute in Tuna salad and with chicken in a type of chicken salad too! So delicious :)
  • joshkilborn
    joshkilborn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love avocados with a little Tony chachere's sprinkled on it. It really brings the flavor out!
  • apena22
    apena22 Posts: 5
    Options
    I love the taste of you raw.
  • msperfecto
    msperfecto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    because of its texture you can use in it place of cream for a satisfying pasta dish:

http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/
  • ednaflores619
    ednaflores619 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's ever a time when you cook avocados, so it's "raw state" is what you've got. I personally cut mine in half, remove the pit, sprinkle with salt, put several drops of hot sauce in the pit hole, squeeze a bit of lime juice over it and eat with a spoon. Delish!

You're my kind of girl. lol. I put them on salads, in sandwiches, in tacos, or I just slice them up and sprinkle salt on them and eat them up.
  • apena22
    apena22 Posts: 5
    Options
    I always add avocado to my spinch salads, but I love the taste of them raw, so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.
    I love the taste of you raw.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Lots of Avocado recipes on Pinterest =)
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Omygosh, Really? EAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A little lemon juice, garlic salt... Or mash it and add the lemon juice, garlic salt, finely chopped onion and tomato, jalapeno, cilantro and you have guacamole! I LOVE avocados! I would truly eat one a day if I could! And they are good for you too!! Enjoy!

Look on line for recipes.. there is even a recipe for green ice cream using avocado!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    This post just reminded me i have one in the fridge.....:laugh: probably gone bad by now tho. :grumble:
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Mash it up with half a lime's juice per avocado, add a little crumble of goat's cheese. Delicious.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    Ummm eat them?

LOL I used them in salad, I use them on my eggs I smash and spread them on sandwiches or on meat roll ups....I love to just eat them! I also use them as an added ingredient to make fruit smoothies with.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I halved an avocado, sprinkled it with salt, pepper and squeezed fresh lemon juice on it and it was my dinner last night. Yum! I eat avocados anyway I get them!
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Anything that mayo does, and avacado can do:)

And better!!!
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love it diced up on top of a salad, in guacamole (mmmmmmmm!!!) and lately I've been mashing up a whole avocado, adding some salt and pepper and spreading half of it across some whole wheat toast. I save the rest for a snack or breakfast the next morning! I hope you find something that works for ya, I love avocado!!!
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    OP, I only read your first post, but my one and only reaction is: everything?

Yes, the flavor is mild, but if you are thinking "egg yolks" while eating an unadorned slice, it may not be ripe enough.

I love to take a tuna packet, one or two hb egg whites chopped, onion, soft mashed avocado and whatever herb floats your culinary boat that day and have a wonderfully healthy tuna salad.

Or, cut the avocado in half, remove pit, squeeze with lime juice on cut side, and sprinkle with your favorite kind of paprika. Eat out of skin with a spoon while humming happily to yourself.
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Before I really liked avacados, i would mash it up and make my own healthy guacamole and use it as a dip. After I got used to the taste and texture, I now cut it up and put it on salads. I also cube it and saute it in a pan and add it to my meal. It goes well with chicken, turkey burgers, bacon, tomato/spinach dishes.
  • cheerupbrighteyes
    cheerupbrighteyes Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe on hand but this past Easter we made avocado deviled eggs and they were good!