Insanity

Options

Replies

• brblja5
    brblja5 Posts: 4
    Options
    i hope it makes you feel better if i say it is hard for everybody in fist days ;)
    just try doing it as much as you can do..
    all best
  • madelinemcgee
    madelinemcgee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's only available on TV or online at their website.
    I want to start. But my trouble is getting any consistency (through no fault of my own). Is this something that is only available online, or do they sell it in stores as well?
  • talenarenee
    talenarenee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity this week. I'm on day 5. It's kicking my butt, but I'm making sure to keep pushing myself and only rest when I notice my form is getting sloppy. Wearing a heart rate monitor helps keep me focused too.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    Onto Day 13 today. Pure Cardio (which I loath) but with added cardio abs.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Day 45 today :smile:
  • Ellealie
    Ellealie Posts: 17
    Options
    I have Insanity and I'd like to start but I'm in the middle of the 30 Day Shred, for one, and two, I don't think I'm fit enough for it yet. Maybe after I'm done? I want to supplement 30DS with more cardio though, not sure what I should choose.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I have Insanity and I'd like to start but I'm in the middle of the 30 Day Shred, for one, and two, I don't think I'm fit enough for it yet. Maybe after I'm done? I want to supplement 30DS with more cardio though, not sure what I should choose.

Finish your 30 DS then move on to Insanity. FYI, not very many people in the world are "fit" enough to do the program as it is. Go at your own pace and watch your form. The fitness will come as long as you work as hard as YOU can.
  • BoltzNBrew
    BoltzNBrew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Got Power & Resistance done this morning. I have to admit I skipped Recovery yesterday. My old legs and busted shoulders needed a break. I did much better in todays workout compared to last time though so I might skip recovery every other week just to get a little more rest and not burn out. Looking forward to Pure Cardio and seeing what the Abs workout has to offer tomorrow. I am not sure I trust my scale, I was down 2 lbs from 2 days ago and lost 5 total in less than 2 weeks. Might be time to check the batteries. :)
  • fitlaughl0ve
    fitlaughl0ve Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I start month 2 on Monday and it's safe to say I'm a little scared! Recovery week has been bliss though, it still gets your cardio in without pounding your joints, but the slower pace is hard to get used to the first couple of times through! Haven't seen any weight loss from month 1 (I gain and lose the same 2lbs) but I can already see a real change in my body and fitness level, so I keep pushing through.
  • brblja5
    brblja5 Posts: 4
    Options
    i have a little problem with calories intake.. i calculated i need 1900kcal when doing insanity... then minus 500 for some time cause i have to lose some weight..

i find it nearly impossible to eat that much.. i dont feel weak or hungry and i'm around 1000 kcal a day...
    i am aware that is too little but i cant eat more than that.. i feel full all the time...

what is some high caloric food with low fat and high proteins ?
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I would like to start! I want to join please.
  • chopstikkninja
    chopstikkninja Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stated doing it last week, never made it past 15 mins. Today I decided to start over, hit it hard, and focus. DAY 1. Finished the first workout all the way through. I died.
  • JammyJae
    JammyJae Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just started (day 3) and I really need some help finishing! This will be the 3rd time I have started it! Please add me for support and motivation!! I love this program and I really want to finish it!!
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    i have a little problem with calories intake.. i calculated i need 1900kcal when doing insanity... then minus 500 for some time cause i have to lose some weight..

i find it nearly impossible to eat that much.. i dont feel weak or hungry and i'm around 1000 kcal a day...
    i am aware that is too little but i cant eat more than that.. i feel full all the time...

what is some high caloric food with low fat and high proteins ?

Try nut butters, full fat milk, cottage cheese, whole nuts, they all will give you a decent amount of calories in just a little amount of food. The fats are good fats. I added protein shakes for the days I'm low.
  • BoltzNBrew
    Options
    Week 2 done! Felt pretty good during Pure Cardio. Knowing tomorrow is an off day I really pushed hard today and was definitely dead by the end. Abs workout was OK, had a hard time with the leg lifts(could feel it in my repaired hernia a bit) and planks. Those should get better with time. Fit Test Monday, looking forward to seeing the improvement.
  • BoltzNBrew
    Options
    For those just starting.... Don't try to keep up with them on the video or you'll just burn out. Pace yourself, focus on form and get though the whole video even if it means sitting out half the reps. Catch your breath, shake out the burn then hop back in as long as you can.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Curse you Plyo Cardio Circuit. Curse you.

^^^^^THIS!!!

end of first month today!:drinker:
  • talenarenee
    Options
    Considering everyone in the videos, including Shaun T, rest at some point (not just the assigned rest times), being fit is not a requirement. Better to go at your own pace, watching your form. You'll get better. We all do!
  • talenarenee
    Options
    I switched my day 6 and 7. Rested yesterday, so on to Pylo Cardio Circuit today. Let's do this!
  • loveforoldcars
    loveforoldcars Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day number 10, almost to where I can keep up with the whole program almost ;)