What's harder for you? Healthy eating or Exercise?

Options
Definitely exercise for me!

Replies

• avielosesit
    avielosesit Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Eating. I eat fairly healthy but eat way too much!
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    eating for sure... i can outtrain my bad diet but its hard work haha
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I've conditioned myself to be perfectly fine on 1,200 calories a day, but I exercise anyway so I can 1) eat more and 2) get stronger.
  • joyfulgeorge
    Options
    Exercise. I have a dislike of sweating that I have to get over again. Lol.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Eating, definitely. I find it amazing that there are times when I drag myself to the fitness center and, as I get into it, I start feeling better and have more energy. And on days like yesterday, it's just hard to stay indoors when I can run, bicycle or work in the garden. Yesterday I ran a 5K sponsored by my employer, with the bribe of extra points in the Wellness program, and ran the course twice. Later I was out pulling weeds, and then I bicycled to the Asian grocery.

But, food? If I start an on anything sugary it's very hard for me to stop eating, and I'm constantly munching. It's a good thing I like veggies in all forms.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Healthy eating! I can force myself to stay on a climber at the gym until it throws me off (I win!) and THEN do another hour on weights, core and stretches until I'm ready to collapse. :)

I can also eat a family size bag of Twizzlers in a single weekend. :(
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I get lazy.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    As hard as exercise is with all my chronic pain problems, and messed up lung function, eating "healthy" is harder. I am a supertaster, and most vegetables and fruits upset my tummy. So first the food tastes either waaaay too sour, or bitter like poison. Then I get a bad tummy ache an hour later. Then that leads to TMI symptoms.

So, exercise I can do, but I cannot will myself to swallow a vegetable side dish.
  • sissie515513eh
    Options
    Healthy eating - I just eat toooo much!!!! I love exercise just wish I had the time to get to more classes!!!!
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Exercise 100%. Imperfectly happy eating 1350 cals but forcing myself to work out takes all of my will power. I think its a time ting for me, it doesn't take any extra time to eat healthy but workouts have to be scheduled to fit into my day.
  • beckslite
    beckslite Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Exercise. Its so hard to fit into your schedule sometimes, and plus cant always do as not well.
  • cbex29
    cbex29 Posts: 1
    Options
    Eating for sure. The quality is fine - the quantity is the problem. I eat too much.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Define "healthy" eating. I love fruits and vegetables...I love my nuts and my greens and my eggs, poultry, fish, and meat. I think a lot of people go overboard with their dietary restrictions and actually end up restricting foods that are nutritionally dense, healthy foods. I personally love my diet these days...much better than my previous diet that was pretty much a lot of saturated fats and processed carbs. i feel great inside and out...I'm also addicted to the gym now. It's pretty much about as routine as brushing my teeth these days.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Eating. Running is habitual for me now, and I get antsy if I go a couple of days without it. But I'll always have to pay at least some attention to how much I eat. Luckily, the running gives me more food!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating.

I get to the gym or go for good long walks regularly...but when I see peanut butter or chocolate...(better yet, both together), I have a hard time saying no. I'm a foodie and LOVE to eat-I fully admit that.

It's more of a struggle for me to say no to less healthy foods than to get up and go to the gym or go for a walk.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating. Healthier eating I can do (compared to one meal a day consisting of fast food), but when I don't feel like exercising I cut back on my food. I've just had a Snickers and am wondering if my ankle has healed enough for me to go on a 16 mile walk... time for the kitchen and back test... meh.
  • Brads2ndLife
    Options
    Have to push myself to exercise.

Will power is pretty good with the diet. Most of the time.
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    EXERCISE!!!! No doubt about it. I hate it. I will think of all kinds of things to do so I don't have to. I will eat semi-healthy, eating less to not exercise.

I know I need to. I am at a point that unless I lower my calorie intake I have to exercise. Any one have tips on how to make it easier?
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Definitely the eating. I can drag myself out of bed at 4am 6 days a week to get a workout in, but I love just way to many foods so it seems I'm always wanting a little of this and a little of that.
  • khyman
    khyman Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Eating. I only have to make a good decision about exercise once a day but the decisions on eating well are constant - eating good meals, proper portion sizes, avoiding tempting treats in the break room, not giving into the "just this once" mentality.